Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

Spent the morning in St. Micheals checking out the auction goodies!
Unread 02-01-2023, 06:49 PM   #1
nid-28
PGCA Member

Member Info

Default Spent the morning in St. Micheals checking out the auction goodies!

Some of my friends and myself are bidding on some items in this Saturday’s Guyette & Deeter Auction. Some are quite pricey so I decided to go down for a hands on look see! It was time well spent. I received very gracious treatment from Josh L., Wes Dillon and Jon Deeter, who i met for the first time. The amount and quality of all these fine shotguns is just overwhelming. I got to view and handle my list of guns and came away with a better understanding of my bidding ranges and value assessment to me and my friends. After that, I just browsed and found one, maybe two items to add to my bidding list. In addition to the shotguns, the decoys, paintings and memorabilia were awesome to look over. Mr. Deeter gave me a tour of another room that contained an astounding amount of decoys etc. for a future auction. We’ll be using a combination of phone bidding and online bidding, as none of us can attend on Saturday. It was well worth the trip and it was nice to chat with Wes and Josh for awhile. I wish them much success and look forward to future auctions.
Bill Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2023, 07:00 PM   #2
Bill Murphy
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 8,854 Times in 4,747 Posts

I was there today with The Lovely Linda, had a long visit and discussion with Wes Dillon, but unfortunately missed Josh who was at the airport picking up a guest. I saw the couple of items I am interested in, but missed some that were "kind of" on my list. I may have to go back Friday or auction day to see them. Linda's dad was a carver so she spent some time in the decoy rooms checking things out. I wanted to see my friend Bernie Liberati's big guns, but Linda told me the she had enough of eight bores
Bill Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bill Murphy For Your Post:
Unread 02-04-2023, 10:21 AM   #3
Jim Thynne
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Just really great guns, I got to see some of them at the Las vegas Show. I see a bright future for this auction house!
Jim Thynne is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jim Thynne For Your Post:
Unread 02-04-2023, 06:06 PM   #4
Bill Murphy
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 8,854 Times in 4,747 Posts

They ran the auction in a very professional manner, in my opinion, but the twenty some plus buyer's premium has to go if they want to compete with the other houses. Eighteen up front and twenty five or more plus in the back when you include the auction services means your $20,000 gun will get you just over $10,000, maybe, on a good day.
Bill Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bill Murphy For Your Post: