Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums Parker Reproductions

Notices

Unread 08-16-2022, 08:46 PM   #21
BRDHNTR
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 2,696 Times in 1,234 Posts

Ill have Turnbull recase the colors on my Repros.
allen newell is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to allen newell For Your Post:
Unread 08-16-2022, 10:02 PM   #22
Victor Wasylyna
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 1,463 Times in 328 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Dallas View Post
For my money, no one did them better than Batchelder. Has anyone had any case hardening experience from his shop since he passed?
This question still needs a response.

-Victor
Victor Wasylyna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2022, 09:34 PM   #23
Matt Buckley
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,182 Times in 260 Posts

Victor,
Don't even think about Bachelder. They have had a 20 gauge repro of mine for 4 years for case coloring and I can't get them to send me my gun back. I call and demand they ship it back every couple weeks and they say I will have it in two weeks and no gun. My advice would be to avoid them like the plague.

"May the honkers fly low and slow."
Douglas Bandemer
Matt Buckley is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Matt Buckley For Your Post:
Unread 08-18-2022, 11:04 AM   #24
B. Dudley
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 17,422 Times in 4,595 Posts

Contact the atf and report the gun stollen. That should light a fire under their butts to get your gun back or at least come clean as to what happened to it.
Visit Brian Dudley's homepage!
Unread 08-19-2022, 02:11 PM   #25
BRDHNTR
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 2,696 Times in 1,234 Posts

Victor, Brad Bachelder was a master craftsman. He colored one of my guns and the colors came out very well. Brad did other work for me over the years and his work was always excellent.
Ive not used Bachelders since Brads unfortunate passing. His son now runs the shop. The cyinide colors on one of my Repro 20's is pretty thin. Ill either have Turnbull do the case colors or see if Dan Cullity can do them. Dan is local here in Barnsteable
allen newell is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to allen newell For Your Post:
Unread 08-19-2022, 07:01 PM   #26
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

Thanked 33,042 Times in 12,322 Posts

Allen, I thought Dan was in East Sandwich. He was when I visited him a few years ago.

George King, "That's Ruff", 2010 - a timeless classic.
Dean Romig is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2022, 08:32 PM   #27
Setter Man
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,636 Times in 634 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Dudley View Post
Contact the atf and report the gun stollen. That should light a fire under their butts to get your gun back or at least come clean as to what happened to it.
Filing a false police report? Brilliant. Maybe you should stay in your lane. Seriously, what a stupid suggestion.
Jay Gardner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2022, 08:40 PM   #28
B. Dudley
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 17,422 Times in 4,595 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Gardner View Post
Filing a false police report? Brilliant. Maybe you should stay in your lane. Seriously, what a stupid suggestion.
4 years of keeping someones gun with multiple failed promises to deliver and no excuse as to why? How does Matt not know that the gun is not lost?

What else may you suggest? Asking nicely, multiple times? It sounds like that has happened. Maybe a long drive and showing up in person demanding it be returned is the only other option. Or wait 4 more years.?

Last year I had guy I had never talked to before call me crying the blues to me because he had his gun there for over 5 years for what was supposed to be a barrel refinish and a stock refinish. I was at a loss for why he was calling me and telling me his woes. He was asking me for advice I guess, I told him to call and demand his gun back in whatever state it was in. Write off the time lost and get it back in hand.
Unread 08-19-2022, 08:44 PM   #29
edgarspencer
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 11,405 Times in 3,075 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by allen newell View Post
Ive not used Bachelders since Brads unfortunate passing. His son now runs the shop. The cyinide colors on one of my Repro 20's is pretty thin. Ill either have Turnbull do the case colors or see if Dan Cullity can do them. Dan is local here in Barnsteable
I had a gun at their shop for a second set of barrels to be fitted, when Brad died. It took me over a year to get it back after dozens (No exaggeration) of broken promises, and outright lies. Mother and son couldn't even agree on the BS. It came back with a nice reblued finish and daylight showing through the breech face. I'd use Rustoleum before I use them again.

The fake colors of a Reproduction are not 'Case' colors, or the result of any heat treat process. It is a dye applied to (barely) simulate case colors.
edgarspencer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to edgarspencer For Your Post:
Unread 08-19-2022, 08:57 PM   #30
Setter Man
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,636 Times in 634 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Dudley View Post
4 years of keeping someones gun with multiple failed promises to deliver and no excuse as to why? How does Matt not know that the gun is not lost?

What else may you suggest? Asking nicely, multiple times? It sounds like that has happened. Maybe a long drive and showing up in person demanding it be returned is the only other option. Or wait 4 more years.?

Last year I had guy I had never talked to before call me crying the blues to me because he had his gun there for over 5 years for what was supposed to be a barrel refinish and a stock refinish. I was at a loss for why he was calling me and telling me his woes. He was asking me for advice I guess, I told him to call and demand his gun back in whatever state it was in. Write off the time lost and get it back in hand.
I have never had a problem with Brad, Parker or Lori responding to phone calls or e-mail. Regardless, you hold yourself out as an expert on all things Parker and for you to suggest someone file a false police report is incredibly irresponsible.
Jay Gardner is offline   Reply With Quote