Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Non-Parker Specific & General Discussions Non-PGCA Shooting Events, Shows, and Conventions

Notices

Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 09-15-2022, 04:02 AM   #11
Member
6pt-Sika
PGCA Lifetime
Member
 
CraigThompson's Avatar

Member Info
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 6,757
Thanks: 3,666
Thanked 4,916 Times in 2,370 Posts

Default

Tom I don’t remmember anyone putting out a display at Backwoods last year ? I assume you could do it in the clubhouse room where folks eat ?
__________________
Parker’s , 6.5mm’s , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s and my family in the Philippines !
CraigThompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2022, 05:10 AM   #12
Member
Carvel
PGCA Member

Member Info
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 154
Thanks: 123
Thanked 52 Times in 23 Posts

Default

Craig, I plan to be there. We had a good time last year. Try to make it. Carvel
Carvel Whaley is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Carvel Whaley For Your Post:
Unread 09-21-2022, 01:42 PM   #13
Member
6pt-Sika
PGCA Lifetime
Member
 
CraigThompson's Avatar

Member Info
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 6,757
Thanks: 3,666
Thanked 4,916 Times in 2,370 Posts

Default

Sorry to say I’ll not make it this year maybe next year . Pheasants Partidge and Pigeons are calling me in WVA that weekend !
__________________
Parker’s , 6.5mm’s , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s and my family in the Philippines !
CraigThompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2022, 01:58 PM   #14
Member
Mills
PGCA Lifetime Member
Since 3rd Grade
 
Mills Morrison's Avatar

Member Info
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 9,813
Thanks: 13,028
Thanked 11,221 Times in 4,072 Posts

Default

Other plans were made for me that weekend as well. . . . .
__________________
I have a conviction that to be a sportsman is a mighty long step in the direction of being a man. Archibald Rutledge
Mills Morrison is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2022, 06:19 AM   #15
Member
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member
 
Dean Romig's Avatar

Member Info
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 29,791
Thanks: 30,996
Thanked 28,955 Times in 11,148 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mills Morrison View Post
Other plans were made for me that weekend as well. . . . .

Mills, bring your “planner” with you to Backwoods…





.
__________________
"I'm a Setter man.
Not because I think they're better than the other breeds,
but because I'm a romantic - stuck on tradition - and to me, a Setter just "belongs" in the grouse picture."

George King, "That's Ruff", 2010 - a timeless classic.
Dean Romig is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2022, 07:22 AM   #16
Member
Stan Hillis
PGCA Member

Member Info
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 1,037
Thanks: 1,405
Thanked 2,184 Times in 663 Posts

Default

If I can slip off from peanut harvest here I'll come for a couple days. It's always very tough for me to do, though I have been able to attend several times in past years. Always enjoy Backwoods.
Stan Hillis is online now   Reply With Quote
Display
Unread 09-22-2022, 06:59 PM   #17
Member
Quigley97
PGCA Member
 
Tom Pellegrini's Avatar

Member Info
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 309
Thanks: 2,442
Thanked 541 Times in 183 Posts

Default Display

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigThompson View Post
Tom I don’t remmember anyone putting out a display at Backwoods last year ? I assume you could do it in the clubhouse room where folks eat ?
Craig, about four years ago David Dwyer and I wanted to have a Parker Display at the Fall Southern. David made some calls and received no interest. Then David asked for a banner for the table. No Interest until a fine Virginia gentleman, said he had a banner we could use. I did some foot work with Rick Hemmingway who was more than supportive. Then I received a call from david Dwyer and he said the display was not going to happen. He did not elaborate.
The PGCA held their annual meeting at the Fall Southern almost ten years ago. David Dwyer arranged it and from what I was told it was a very nice affair except for a number of members complaining that it was TOO far away.
The same thing happened with the Youth Shoot. David Dwyer and I had everything in place. We had a couple of other members on board also and then the board of directors at that time squashed it. So IMHO there is something about the Fall Southern is why the PGCA is not interested. I know the first thing many will throw out for a reason is it is bird hunting season. That is NOT the reason. The same two men bust their buts and put on both venues but the Fall Southern falls by the way side.
Tom Pellegrini is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tom Pellegrini For Your Post:
Unread 09-23-2022, 12:46 AM   #18
Member
6pt-Sika
PGCA Lifetime
Member
 
CraigThompson's Avatar

Member Info
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 6,757
Thanks: 3,666
Thanked 4,916 Times in 2,370 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Pellegrini View Post
Craig, about four years ago David Dwyer and I wanted to have a Parker Display at the Fall Southern. David made some calls and received no interest. Then David asked for a banner for the table. No Interest until a fine Virginia gentleman, said he had a banner we could use. I did some foot work with Rick Hemmingway who was more than supportive. Then I received a call from david Dwyer and he said the display was not going to happen. He did not elaborate.
The PGCA held their annual meeting at the Fall Southern almost ten years ago. David Dwyer arranged it and from what I was told it was a very nice affair except for a number of members complaining that it was TOO far away.
The same thing happened with the Youth Shoot. David Dwyer and I had everything in place. We had a couple of other members on board also and then the board of directors at that time squashed it. So IMHO there is something about the Fall Southern is why the PGCA is not interested. I know the first thing many will throw out for a reason is it is bird hunting season. That is NOT the reason. The same two men bust their buts and put on both venues but the Fall Southern falls by the way side.
If I’d been able to attend I had table coverings and racks already offered to me . And I had six or seven I was bringing to shoot I woulda displayed .
__________________
Parker’s , 6.5mm’s , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s and my family in the Philippines !
CraigThompson is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CraigThompson For Your Post:
Unread 09-23-2022, 12:49 AM   #19
Member
6pt-Sika
PGCA Lifetime
Member
 
CraigThompson's Avatar

Member Info
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 6,757
Thanks: 3,666
Thanked 4,916 Times in 2,370 Posts

Default

Seems to be the problem with all this shotgun stuff ! The more you get to know people etc etc the more there are things happening the same weekends many miles apart .
__________________
Parker’s , 6.5mm’s , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s and my family in the Philippines !
CraigThompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2022, 04:20 AM   #20
Member
Bill Murphy
PGCA Lifetime
Member Since
Second Grade

Member Info
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 14,294
Thanks: 5,347
Thanked 7,423 Times in 4,059 Posts

Default

The Fall Southern is not a "Display your Guns", "Sell your Guns", "Buy Some Guns" kind of event. It is a great shooting event, not a gun show. Anyone who loves to shoot a double gun will enjoy this event.
Bill Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bill Murphy For Your Post:
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:17 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 1998 - 2022, Parkerguns.org
Copyright © 2004 Design par Megatekno
- 2008 style update 3.7 avec l'autorisation de son auteur par Stradfred.