Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Non-Parker Specific & General Discussions Non-PGCA Shooting Events, Shows, and Conventions

Notices

newformat for Lapeer shoot
Unread 10-31-2022, 12:37 PM   #1
Paul Harm
Forum Associate

Member Info

Default newformat for Lapeer shoot

For 2023 Dennis Yager talked me into a 3 day shoot instead of our one day affair. When everything is finally settled on, I , or Dennis, will have more info. Right now it's 80 birds on the SCs course Friday and Saturday [ different each day ] and one one day a 30 South American and the next day 30 bird Pigeon Ring. There will also be side games and food. It will be in May, as usual. More to come. Paul

Last edited by Paul Harm; 11-02-2022 at 12:29 PM..
Paul Harm is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Paul Harm For Your Post:
Visit Paul Harm's homepage!
Lapeer MI 3 day Shoot
Unread 11-01-2022, 09:36 PM   #2
Den
PGCA Member

Member Info

Default Lapeer MI 3 day Shoot

Flyer and Registration form.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Lapeer 2023 spring flyer 10 16 22.pdf (73.8 KB, 24 views)
File Type: pdf Lapeer 2023 SXS registeration 10 13 22.pdf (96.1 KB, 11 views)
Dennis Yager is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dennis Yager For Your Post:
Unread 11-01-2022, 11:09 PM   #3
6pt-Sika
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 7,458 Times in 3,383 Posts

You’ve got something called a 30 bird South American listed . Is that supposed to kinda duplicate Colombaire pigeons ?
Unread 11-02-2022, 07:33 AM   #4
Den
PGCA Member

Member Info

The initial "Pull" is called, 15 pairs from six traps with a 8 second delay between pairs, reports, delays to reload. Single shooter 30 shots under three minuets.
Dennis Yager is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dennis Yager For Your Post:
Unread 11-02-2022, 12:34 PM   #5
Paul Harm
Forum Associate

Member Info

No, it's a newer game. I had to order a special remote 5 - stand transmitter from Long Range. It should be worth it.
Unread 11-02-2022, 12:43 PM   #6
Paul Harm
Forum Associate

Member Info

On a side note, we are now throwing on Friday nights, "cosmic clays ". Black lights are used and the birds seem to glow in the dark. All other lights are turned off. Mitch, the guy who wanted to do this has about all the bugs worked out. He even has a food truck coming.We can only shoot till 9PM so the daylight saving should help. If you're in the area and would like to try it call ahead to book a spot. 810-724-5582 to get me.
Unread 11-02-2022, 02:42 PM   #7
Woodcock survey
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,386 Times in 594 Posts

Paul,please tell us more about the blacklight. How much, how are they mounted and are they as much as the standard lights. I am in somewhat the same position as you at my club in that i am the one who starts new things. The 5 stand took off when i got the Long Range controller. For your south american is that programmed on the flurry part of it? When we shoot flurry no one turns around at the end without a smile on their face.
it sounds like you run a very interesting group of games.
Daniel Carter is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Daniel Carter For Your Post:
Unread 12-26-2022, 12:32 PM   #8
Paul Harm
Forum Associate

Member Info

Sorry I never got back with you Daniel. Yes the SA is thrown with the new 5-stand controller. It allows you to program the flurry. There are 6 machines - two out in front throwing birds back in toward you, one on each side of you throwing crossers, and two behind throwing birds past you as out goers. As far as I know we'll be using the skeet field and standing at, or slightly behind station 4. The crossing birds will be the skeet houses. The original program has a report pr, 8 sec delay, another RP, 8 sec delay, and a true pair, 8 sec delay to repeat everything three more times ending with one bird. I believe Dennis wants 30 birds instead of 25 so the ending will be 6 more birds instead of the single bird.

Our Friday Night Birds under black lights is shot from the 5-stand building and is loads of fun. Especially for those guys who claim they never see their barrel or bead when pulling the trigger. You can't see either, and our in house shooters who shoot 23, 24, or the 25 in the day time shoot about 10 to 15 birds less. One buddy who shot a 24 with his 410 and a 25 with his 12, latter shot a 1 at night. What a lot of guys have done is put a short piece of reflective tape on their rib by the muzzle [ the narrow tape is included with the lights for some reason ]. Now they can see the bird/barrel relationship and know when to pull the trigger. Orange birds work, but the green birds really show up great and look super when hit. Mitch bought 150 watt lights from Amazon [ $150/pair ] and I believe he spent around 750 or 800 dollars. We took a couple of machines from SCs [ it's closed in the winter ] so we didn't have to rearrange the machines we had for day birds because the tops of the birds need to be seen. The black bottoms won't show up under the black lights. Now with the time change we can throw from a little after 5 till 9PM, our quitting time. It's usually booked up solid. We may get a couple more and try it on the skeet field . Two lights should work, one at each house facing out.

Hope this answers any questions.
Unread 12-26-2022, 01:03 PM   #9
Woodcock survey
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,386 Times in 594 Posts

Thank you, that answers all my questions. You folks have some very interesting games, wish you were closer so i could visit. Will try out these when the winter lets up.
Daniel Carter is online now   Reply With Quote