Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

Unread 03-10-2010, 09:02 PM   #21
Autumn Daze
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 4,048 Times in 1,727 Posts

Jeez John...I was just kiddin......
Unread 03-10-2010, 10:05 PM   #22
Pay Dirt
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,350 Times in 304 Posts

Default I'm that poor guy...

I believe it was that John guy that helped veer my first thread regarding a Cabela's 20 gauge. He completely trumpted my VH with images of his most beautiful DH(E). so much so that when my gun came from K.C. I just threw it away.

Now this, I'm trying to learn what drives the price of Parkers and end up on a turkey and goose hunt with some of the big dogs.

All kidding aside, I'm perfectly happy letting you all drive the bus, It's just a pleasure going along for the ride.

As always
Bobby
Bobby Cash is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2010, 10:16 PM   #23
Autumn Daze
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 4,048 Times in 1,727 Posts

believe it was that John guy that helped veer my first thread regarding a Cabela's 20 gauge. He completely trumpted my VH with images of his most beautiful DH(E). so much so that when my gun came from K.C. I just threw it away.

Bobby ...That was funny right there!
Unread 03-11-2010, 12:29 PM   #24
Coach
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Rodney,

Drive on up 95 to Sanford NC to the Southern SxS in April and you'll see some marvelous 10ga guns and shooting. Bring your 10.

Carl.
Carl Brandt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2010, 01:10 PM   #25
Opening Day
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 2,089 Times in 1,195 Posts

Now John since you got that real nice D grade 20 when can I expect to get that worn out D grade 20 that we have talked about. You need to let me know when you ship it so I can be home to sign for the UPS shipment.....
Eric Eis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2010, 01:15 PM   #26
Bruce Day
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 15,615 Times in 2,667 Posts

The same factors that drive the price of Parkers drive the price of classic cars. Scarcity, configuration and condition. High grade, small bore and high condition, right or wrong, command high prices. The Puglisi VHE 20 that you asked about is an ultra high condition gun and the person who is looking for that degree of condition will be interested in that gun. If you are looking for a shooter, like the person looking for a basic Corvette driver, there are lots available at lesser prices.

I watch those Barrett-Jackson auctions and wonder what is going on. There is some throwing money at a car just because it looks like a fun toy, but others seem to be bought by investors who know their cars. You can see what a less than correct restoration does to a car, same thing to Parkers, and it may bring less than an unrestored, modest condition original. All very interesting and it takes years in the game to learn. And its interesting to learn that quite a few Parker collectors are classic car collectors too. Some have very interesting toys.

Last edited by Bruce Day; 03-11-2010 at 01:42 PM..
Bruce Day is offline   Reply With Quote