Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Non-Parker Specific & General Discussions General Discussions about Other Fine Doubles

Notices

Pheasants for Me and my Fox CE
Unread 12-16-2012, 11:46 PM   #1
DoubleDown
Forum Associate

Member Info

Default Pheasants for Me and my Fox CE

I picked up a 26" 12ga Fox CE at the local gun show a few weeks ago, a nice upland gun weighing in at 6lbs 7ozs and choked IC/MOD. This gun has the original owners name engraved on the trigger guard (W.M. Falk), and was originally ordered with gold plated triggers. I took it out for the first time last weekend, and then again this Saturday. Headed out to Beaver Pond in Snow Camp, NC for some driven pheasant hunts. it sure was great to get out into the fields again. Here are a few pics of the last two hunts with my new Foxy Lady.

Last Weekend

Yesterday

"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks." - Thomas Jefferson
Mike.Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2012, 05:39 AM   #2
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

Thanked 33,235 Times in 12,376 Posts

Hi Mike! What a great pile of birds! It looks like you had a pretty good time.

That's a nice looking Fox... can we see some close ups?

Those are some very nice pictures, by the way.
Dean Romig is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2012, 09:22 AM   #3
Double Play
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 2,770 Times in 635 Posts

Great pics as usual Mike, thanks for sharing.
Larry Frey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2012, 12:38 PM   #4
charlie cleveland
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 7,794 Times in 3,967 Posts

looks like you boys had a field day as they say...very nice fox you got there... and and as they said the pictures are great...only one hitch you shore got a big pile of birds to clean..ha charlie
charlie cleveland is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2012, 05:45 PM   #5
10ga Hammer
PGCA Member

Member Info

Looks looks you guys were "wackin-n-stackin". Nice mess of birds! Thanks for shareing.
"Double guns are a sport and a pastime built into a beautiful package to which I attach myself when entering the great theater of autumn, those days now grow more precious because we are given so few".. Robin Lacy
Robert Rambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2012, 10:54 PM   #6
DoubleDown
Forum Associate

Member Info

I counted 60 + birds as we put them in the back of my truck for a group photo. Fortunately for us, there was a young lady there (13 years old) cleaning birds to earn some extra Christmas money. I gladly paid her to clean mine, and by the time I left that day, I think she had cleaned all but about 10 of them

Dean, you know I'm never short on photos, so here are some close ups of the new Fox CE. I've even included a copy of the original order card. Other than the replacement White Line pad, the rest of the gun matches the card. I picked it up at the local gun show a few weeks ago. It was sitting on the second table I saw that day, and I knew what it was from 20 feet away. As I walked up to the dealers table, I was wondering to myself just how absurd the price was going to be, mentally having already given up on owning the gun. When I asked the price, I ended up having a REALLY hard time keeping a straight face, and couldn't get to my wallet fast enough! My only concern for the gun was the length of the barrels, as they appeared to be cut, yet had the appropriate length chokes for an early Philadelphia gun. You'll notice on the order card that 28" is scratched out, and 26" is penciled in. This almost completed gun likely fit the majority of the desired specs except for the barrel length, and was pulled from the rack and cut two inches to fill the order.

Mike

Note the W.M. Falk engraved on the trigger guard, and the remnants of the gold plating that once covered the triggers.

"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks." - Thomas Jefferson
Mike.Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mike.Smith For Your Post:
Unread 12-18-2012, 05:50 AM   #7
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

Thanked 33,235 Times in 12,376 Posts

Once again, being in the right place at the right time has paid off handsomely! What a nice CE that is!

Have you researched W M Falk?

Did you buy the gun suspecting the barrels had been cut? That's not like you Mike
Dean Romig is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2012, 06:10 AM   #8
ch
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Nice gun it is.
Unread 12-18-2012, 07:07 AM   #9
Autumn Daze
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 4,048 Times in 1,727 Posts

Mike, Congratulations! Thats a wonderful C Grade Fox.
Unread 12-18-2012, 08:07 AM   #10
Double Lab
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 6,277 Times in 2,428 Posts

Wow Mikey you hit a home run on that one! Fabulous wood and engraving. You are going to be dragging alot of guns to the Southern to shoot and tell.
Daryl Corona is offline   Reply With Quote