Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Non-Parker Specific & General Discussions General Discussions about Other Fine Doubles

Notices

Daly Delight
Unread 11-20-2012, 05:40 PM   #1
Bruce Day
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 15,615 Times in 2,667 Posts

Default Daly Delight

Hay prices have been rising back on the farm in the hollow.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_0554.jpg (90.1 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg 100_0551.jpg (110.5 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg 100_0560.jpg (89.2 KB, 11 views)
Bruce Day is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2012, 09:12 PM   #2
OH Osthaus
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 8,157 Times in 3,260 Posts

I like the damascus pattern, nice engraving - and intercepting sears?
Unread 11-21-2012, 08:20 AM   #3
Hammer Gun
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 7,680 Times in 1,644 Posts

Beautiful piece Bruce, Is it hay or corn that's providing the coin to buy these? gary
Gary Carmichael Sr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-21-2012, 09:31 AM   #4
OH Osthaus
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Carmichael Sr View Post
Beautiful piece Bruce, Is it hay or corn that's providing the coin to buy these? gary
must be hay- my son in law has hundreds of acres of corn and beans but nothing like this

Unread 11-21-2012, 10:35 AM   #5
Bruce Day
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 15,615 Times in 2,667 Posts

Lets see, if a person had 1000 productive acres at 200 bu/acre at $8 corn, I'd say he was doing pretty well. Of course with heart of the cornbelt ground reaching $10,000 to $12,000 /acre, that adds another factor.

Maybe my buddy should put in corn next year instead of hay.....he'd be able to use a checkbook for a Parker if that is permitted.

By the way, C has decided to have no more pictures of his guns posted on the forum, too much bad mouthing and mouthing off without knowing or being open minded enough to ask the facts. The thoughtless and frequently wrong statements about the A-1 Special that was expertly embellished further to become the Czar memorial gun were the final straw.

I will follow suit with my collection.

Last Feb I told others that I would not display at Pheasant Fest again , in large part because of statements here that we were just showing off. I was persuaded to return for 2012 and I have already committed for 2013. I hope we can do Pheasant Fest and the NRA show together, but as of the present , we will not be showing the displayed guns on the forum.

Best regards,
Bruce Day
Bruce Day is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bruce Day For Your Post:
Unread 11-21-2012, 12:45 PM   #6
Holeshot
PGCA Member

Member Info

Bruce, Thank you for what you have done. I understand your reasoning. All of your wonderful pictures will be missed. Dave
David Holes is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to David Holes For Your Post:
Unread 11-21-2012, 09:50 PM   #7
Wild Skies
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 3,617 Times in 988 Posts

Bruce, I think I can speak for virtually everyone here, with the exception of perhaps one or two, that hopes you and C will reconsider. We all have thoroughly enjoyed what you and C have brought to the forum and what you've done for the PGCA. Thank you! It would be really unfortunate and a big loss for the entire membership of the PGCA Forum to have let the actions of one or two wear you down.
Unread 11-21-2012, 10:27 PM   #8
OH Osthaus
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Baehman View Post
Bruce, I think I can speak for virtually everyone here, with the exception of perhaps one or two, that hopes you and C will reconsider. We all have thoroughly enjoyed what you and C have brought to the forum and what you've done for the PGCA. Thank you! It would be really unfortunate and a big loss for the entire PGCA Forum to have let a moron or two wear you down.
agreed,
Unread 11-22-2012, 08:17 AM   #9
C grade
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 1,233 Times in 454 Posts

B&C
Gentlemen, there are those few in any and every group that "spoil the joy" and try and diminish the accomplishments of others. Please ignore them!!!
Charlie-you have some fantastic guns and have been very very generous is sharing them and promoting Parker Bros and the PGCA . Please continue!!
Bruce-you also have some great guns and knowledge of Parkers that would be missed. Your work in displaying y'all guns is greatly enjoyed and appreciated.
Do not let the few ruin the joy of the many.

David Dwyer
David Dwyer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to David Dwyer For Your Post:
Unread 11-22-2012, 08:38 AM   #10
Brush Buster
PGCA Member
Second Badge

Member Info

Thanked 3,566 Times in 1,099 Posts

Bruce ,A couple of years back when I met you at Pin Tail and spent the afternoon visiting with you and discussing Parker Guns and the PGCA etc . it was one of the most enjoyable days I have spent in the Gun Hobby ,all of the Guys welcomed me into the realm with open arms ! I enjoy your knowledgeable posts and especially the pictures ,also I appreciate all of the time you spend promoting Parker Guns and the PGCA ! As for the guns posted here ,this will be a great loss to all of the members as most of us do not have the means to own such guns and some are not yet retired and our work schedules keep us from attending most of the events where these Gems will be displayed , most of us will never get to see such guns! I do not know your Friend " C " but I do hope he would reconsider his position because as for me ,I will miss these posts ! Thank You for the many wonderful posts and I believe I can say that for the Majority of the Guys that regularly gather here to talk and " Show Off " our Guns ! Best ; Russ
Russ Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Russ Jackson For Your Post: