Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

Author Doug Stewart
Unread 09-03-2018, 02:36 PM   #1
Bob Retter
Forum Associate

Member Info

Thumbs up Author Doug Stewart

In praise of Doug Stewart, the author of “the traditional side-by-side, king of the upland bird guns “ I am saying thank you for publishing such a neat book! I did purchase Doug‘s book, have listened to his podcasts, visited his website and Facebook and am now following him on Instagram. After reaching out to him for some advice, I had the pleasure of talking with him personally which resulted in an autographed book and a personal letter. After getting my questions answered we talked a little bit further and I was pleased to hear he is donating 10% of his profits to hunters for the hungry program through the NRA. I was also impressed to hear that he donates his time and books as well as interacts and cares about the hunting community. Not only is Doug a gun guru that loves Parker’s he is a true gentleman that respects the uplands. Doug and his book is what the gun world needed! I would hope to hear more from him… And hopefully he will read this thread mostly to know I’d love to see another book from him in the future. Keep your passion Doug!
Bob Retter is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bob Retter For Your Post:
Unread 09-03-2018, 02:40 PM   #2
Benjamin Koppes
Forum Associate

Member Info

I want to second Bob’s praise on Doug Stewart! I live in Loveland and met Doug. We met for coffee and he is going to take my son and I hunting. We talked for about an hour and Doug is obviously very smart about the gun world and upland bird hunting but definitely down to earth and casual. Doug is the real deal, the new Michael McIntosh for the younger generation that need to learn about shotguns. You can definitely feel his passion when you talk to him. Thanks Doug!
Benjamin Koppes is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Benjamin Koppes For Your Post:
Unread 09-03-2018, 02:45 PM   #3
Bob Retter
Forum Associate

Member Info

Wow, I'm jealous Benjamin Koppes! I heard from the podcast that Doug will be up at the Pine Ridge Grouse Camp sometime soon, I'd love to meet him one day! His website www.dougstewartauthor.com is really cool and that's where I found his book. Seems like he has a really cool Parker Collection!
Bob Retter is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bob Retter For Your Post:
Unread 09-03-2018, 03:07 PM   #4
Mills
PGCA Lifetime Member
Since 3rd Grade

Member Info

Thanked 12,360 Times in 4,428 Posts

His book is a good read and he talks about a lot of stuff we discuss on the forum
Mills Morrison is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mills Morrison For Your Post: