Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Non-Parker Specific & General Discussions Non-PGCA Shooting Events, Shows, and Conventions

Notices

2022 Fox/Lefever challenge rules
Unread 05-20-2022, 05:37 PM   #1
Double Lab
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 6,206 Times in 2,411 Posts

Default 2022 Fox/Lefever challenge rules

I know we have a number of cross dressers who have dual memberships on here who enjoy shooting their A.H. Fox shotguns so I'm throwing down the gauntlet. Bring your favorite Fox or borrow one of mine to help the AHFCA take the coveted trophy back to Phila.

Please note a change in the qualification procedure for the challenge teams. We feel that this change will give more shooters a fair chance to make their respective teams and get some fresh blood into this event. So the more rounds you shoot the better chance you have of making the team. Good luck to all.

1) Competition is open to members in good standing of the AHFCA or LACA as of May 1st, 2022. Updated rosters will be on hand to verify current membership status. Dual members of AHFCA and LACA must choose ONE Association to represent at time of registration. Anyone attempting to shoot for both Associations will be disqualified.

2) Shooters must use a shotgun promoted by the organization they choose to represent. Those shooting A.H. Fox guns and representing the AHFCA are limited to Fox guns manufactured in Philadelphia, PA, Utica, NY and New Britain, CT (CSMC Fox models). Those shooting Lefever guns: Legitimate Lefevers are those guns made by Dan Lefever or one of his companies (Lefever Arms Co. after he left.). This includes Ithaca made Lefever guns with side plates but excludes Ithaca made Lefever Nitro Specials and their derivatives.

3) The qualification round will be shot on the 5 stand. You must get a card from Harold in the office and mark it either Fox or Lefever. After you have shot your card will remain at the 5 stand. You must tell the trapper that you are shooting for the challenge and he/she will retain the card to be picked up by by me or one of my designates. There will be a marked receptacle at the 5 stand to deposit your cards. For qualification rounds you may shoot a pre-mounted gun but this year we will be requiring that in the challenge event you must shoot a LOW GUN. The gun must be completely dismounted with the butt no higher than ones elbow, movement only upon visual presentation of the bird. Warning the first offense, loss of a bird on the second and DQ on the third.

4) Qualification round(s) may be shot all day on Thursday June 2nd and Friday, June 3rd. Completed scorecard MUST BE DEPOSITED IN THE MARKED RECEPTACLE AT THE 5 STAND no later than noon on Saturday, NO EXCEPTIONS. A blackboard in place there will rank the lead qualifiers and will be updated as scores are tallied throughout the day.

5) The top TWO scoring shooters for each manufacturer will be shooter #1 and 2 for the respective teams. The remaining 3 shooters for each team will be chosen by random draw from the scorecards deposited at the 5 stand.

6) The Fox–Lefever Challenge round will be conducted on Hidden Hollow’s 5-Stand field immediately before the Bo-Whoop/WCL Shoot-Offs on Saturday, June 4th @ 2:00. A flip of the coin will decide the first team to shoot.

7) A total of 125 targets will be thrown for each team of 5 gunners. High cumulative score will decide the 2019 winning team. The cumulative score for each team will be calculated as follows: The sum of scores recorded by the Hidden Hollow scorer + the official Lefever scorer + the official Fox scorer. That sum will be divided by three (3) and rounded to the second decimal place. (Each scorer will use a hand operated mechanical counter.) Once again please note the low gun requirement in paragraph #3. This isn't a NSSA .event

8 ) In the event of a trap malfunction during a team’s attempt at the Challenge targets, the Hidden Hollow official will void that team’s score and a new round of 125 targets will be shot.

9) The wearing of Eye and Ear protection is required of all competitors.

10) All Hidden Hollow/NSCA rules will apply for ammunition and maximum allowed shot size.

11) All shooters who qualify for the Challenge Team will receive an official Fox/Lefever
Hat to commemorate this epic contest.

11. All shooters must have fun, be safe and conduct themselves in a sportsmanlike manner becoming of these two, fine organizations!
Unread 05-21-2022, 04:36 PM   #2
Mike of the Mountain
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 8,860 Times in 2,673 Posts

Come on Parker Universe, bring those Lefever guns along and help Lefever repeat the 2021 win!! My Lefever live bird gun is just itching to make diesel smoke!!
Mike Koneski is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mike Koneski For Your Post:
Visit Mike Koneski's homepage!
Unread 05-26-2022, 04:33 PM   #3
Mike of the Mountain
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

I GOT A FEVER......
Attached Images
File Type: jpg LEFEVER COWBELL.jpg (46.0 KB, 1 views)
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mike Koneski For Your Post:
Unread 05-26-2022, 05:03 PM   #4
Double Lab
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Dream on Mountain boy. Word has it from the A.H. Fox training camp at the beautiful NRA Whittington Center and beer fest that the scores have never been higher and more consistent than with Team Fox. Unprecedented in the clay target shooting world. They now see why the Fox gun is so highly regarded. The logistics of moving them across country to NEPA with their firearms and ammunition in time for the challenge will take some coordination but that's why they pay me the big bucks. Game ON!!
Unread 05-26-2022, 05:46 PM   #5
Mike of the Mountain
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Bring it homeboy!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg download (1).jpg (8.7 KB, 122 views)
Unread 05-26-2022, 05:56 PM   #6
Double Lab
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

I don't know how you come up with these witty memes Mikey but you got me beat there. I not only don't know where to look for them but even if I found them I couldn't post them as quickly as you do. I'm impressed for someone to be able to do that with a dial up internet service. Do you have them stored on a VHS tape?
Unread 05-26-2022, 06:02 PM   #7
Mike of the Mountain
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl Corona View Post
I don't know how you come up with these witty memes Mikey but you got me beat there. I not only don't know where to look for them but even if I found them I couldn't post them as quickly as you do. I'm impressed for someone to be able to do that with a dial up internet service. Do you have them stored on a VHS tape?
Don't forget it's all done on a Commodore 64 too!!
Unread 05-26-2022, 06:04 PM   #8
Double Lab
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

You da' man!!
Unread 05-28-2022, 01:37 PM   #9
Mike of the Mountain
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

For those who don't understand the cowbell reference.....

https://youtu.be/cVsQLlk-T0s
Unread 06-05-2022, 10:25 AM   #10
Mike of the Mountain
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

How about that victorious Team Lefever?? Team Lefever bested Team Fox 88-66 in the Fox-Lefever Challenge Shoot-Off. Team Lefever was (L to R) Brian Hornacek, Rick Ghenn, Mike Koneski, John Brownell and Tad Koneski (holding a future PGCA shooter, Rex).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1202.jpg (100.6 KB, 80 views)
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Mike Koneski For Your Post: