Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

Brad's Lasting Legacy
Unread 03-25-2018, 09:16 PM   #1
Parker Bachelder (Brad's Profile)
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,928 Times in 203 Posts

Default Brad's Lasting Legacy

Hello everyone, this is Parker Bachelder

I am incredibly grateful for the kind words posted in the threads below and the out pouring of support from this community. This site was one of the few corners of the internet that Brad ever visited. The world of side by side shotguns, Parker's especially, was his greatest passion. I can easily say it is what he lived for.

Brad worked all day as usual on Tuesday, the day before he passed. He worked endlessly to meet the many commitments he made with all of you. Often over the quoted time frame but with tireless resolve. I always knew that he would never leave that place, that he would end his long career only when god called him off.

Brad covered every imaginable niche of the firearms world. Going with the many changes in this industry that our company has operated in for nearly 30 years. The seemingly endless amount of information that he possessed was remarkable. It is astounding the variety of things I am exposed to on a daily basis. Brad was recognized as a master among every type of enthusiast he catered to.

I am privileged to have been able to share in his vast knowledge, to have trained under who I considered the best. His love for the craft instilled the same passion in myself, and a drive to maintain the legacy he built.

My intentions for the company are to continue forward as we did before. My father has left me the means to continue his work, maintaining the level of quality that he would strive for. I would joke with Brad that I have become pickier than him. I will personally be reviewing all jobs in our facility, as a means of re-assurance that our commitments will be met.

The donated Parker Trojan shotgun was the very last piece he completed, and with predictably satisfactory results. He was delighted to have been able to contribute to this wonderful group of people and their efforts to maintain the legacy of the brand he held most dear.

My family will do all they can to remember the moments that we had, and the many things he was to me as a father. A mentor, and a admirable master in his field.

Thank you all, I look forward to chatting soon.

-J. Parker Bachelder
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0013.jpg (389.6 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0703.jpg (351.0 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1139.jpg (286.9 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_8688.jpg (328.1 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0594.jpg (408.9 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1007.jpg (356.3 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_7757.jpg (418.6 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0782.jpg (524.2 KB, 25 views)
Brad Bachelder is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 133 Users Say Thank You to Brad Bachelder For Your Post:
Alfred Greeson, allan.mclane, allen newell, Bill Bates, bill grill, Bill Holcombe, Bill Jolliff, Bill Mullins, Bill Murphy, Bill Palmer, Bill Zachow, Bob Dombeck, Bob Jurewicz, Bob Kimble, Bob Roberts, bob weeman, Brett Farley, Brett Hoop, Brett Souder, Brian Hornacek, bruce a lyons, Bruce Day, Buddy Marson, Carvel Whaley, chris dawe, Christopher Lien, Chuck Bishop, Craig Parker, CraigThompson, Dale Medders, Daniel Carter, Daniel G Rainey, Daryl Corona, Dave Noreen, Dave Suponski, Dave Tatman, Dave Tercek, David Dwyer, David Holes, Dean H Hanson, Dean Romig, Dennis E. Jones, Ed Blake, edgarspencer, Eric Eis, Eric Estes, Eric Johanen, Frank Cronin, Frank Mucci, Fred Verry, Garry L Gordon, Garth Gustafson, Gary Carmichael Sr, Gary Laudermilch, George Davis, Greg Baehman, Henry McRoberts, Henry Verri, JAMES HALL, James L. Martin, Jay Baskette, Jay Gardner, Jay Oliver, Jeff Christie, Jeff Kuss, Jerry Harlow, Jim DiSpagno, Jim Pasman, John Campbell, John Cinkoske, John Dallas, John Davis, John Dunkle, John Havard, John Nagel, john pulis, John Taddeo, John Truitt, Josh Loewensteiner, Karl Ferguson, keavin nelson, Ken Descovich, Kirk Potter, Larry Frey, Lloyd Bernstein, Mark Britton, Mark Conrad, Mark Garrett, Mark Ouellette, Mark Ray, Marty Kohler, Michael Earls, Michael Meeks, Michael Moffa, Mike Franzen, Mike McKinney, Mike.Smith, Mills Morrison, Patrick Lien, Paul Ehlers, Pete Kappes, Phil Yearout, Phillip Carr, Ralph English, Randy G Roberts, Reggie Bishop, Rich Anderson, Richard Flanders, Rick Andrejat, Robert Brooks, Robert Michel, Robin Lewis, Russ Jackson, Russell E. Cleary, Scott Gentry, scott kittredge, Shawn Wayment, Stephen Hodges, steve bryan, Steve Huffman, Steve Parker, Thomas L. Benson Sr., Timothy Salgado, todd allen, Tom Brown, Tom Jay, Tom Kidd, tom leshinsky, Tom Pellegrini, tom tutwiler, Tom Wooden, Wayne Owens, WilliamGuest
Visit Brad Bachelder's homepage!
Unread 03-25-2018, 10:48 PM   #2
Jeff Christie
PGCA Member

Member Info

Well said. Very well said. Prayers and best of luck. Jeff
Jeff Christie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2018, 03:53 AM   #3
Bill Murphy
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 9,171 Times in 4,896 Posts

Thanks for the message, Parker.
Bill Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2018, 05:10 AM   #4
Mike Franzen
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 4,548 Times in 1,366 Posts

Looking forward to many years of doing business with you Parker.
Mike Franzen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mike Franzen For Your Post:
Visit Mike Franzen's homepage!
Unread 03-26-2018, 07:19 AM   #5
Marty K.
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

He would be very proud I am sure.......

Good Luck Parker
There are some things which cannot be learned quickly, and time, which is all we have, must be payed heavily for their acquiring...They are the very simplest things and because it takes a man's life to know them the little new that each man gets from life is very costly and the only heritage he has to leave.......E. Hemmingway
Marty Kohler is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Marty Kohler For Your Post:
Unread 03-26-2018, 09:11 AM   #6
charlie cleveland
Forum Associate

Member Info

Thanked 7,801 Times in 3,968 Posts

parker you are one of the few to have had such a mentor in your life....hope for good things ahead for you....charlie
charlie cleveland is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2018, 10:47 AM   #7
Kurt Sauers
Forum Associate

Member Info

May you continue his legacy in a manner that would make him proud.
Kurt Sauers is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2018, 11:08 AM   #8
todd allen
Forum Associate

Member Info

Thanked 3,364 Times in 1,157 Posts

Brad's family have been in my prayers.
It's good news that the master has not left the stage without passing the torch.
You have my heart felt wishes for Gods comfort in your loss, but also in having great success in picking up where your father left off.
todd allen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to todd allen For Your Post:
Unread 03-26-2018, 12:19 PM   #9
mobirdhunter
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 10,364 Times in 3,283 Posts

Thanks so much for this post! Elaine and I were so saddened to learn of your father’s passing. We’ll miss him. Our condolences to you and your family. I’m glad to learn you’ll be carrying on his legacy.

"'I promise you,' he said, 'on my word of honor, I won't die on the opening of the bird season.'" -- Robert Ruark (from The Old Man and the Boy)
Garry L Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2018, 12:42 PM   #10
GH-16
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,313 Times in 449 Posts

Parker,

Thank you so much for your post about your dad. He was truly a one of a kind person!I'm very pleased to hear you will be following in his footsteps, but you do have some big shoes to fill. I'm sure you're up for the task!!

I'll miss your father greatly and at the same time I'm looking forward to doing business with you on future projects.
Paul Ehlers is offline   Reply With Quote