Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

Vintagers-Addieville East Farm
Unread 03-30-2012, 04:29 PM   #1
Autumn Daze
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 4,073 Times in 1,730 Posts

Default Vintagers-Addieville East Farm

Please let me start by saying that I am posting this here because I think it will get more exposure.As most of you know the 2012 Vintager's World Champonship Event is being held this year at Addieville East Farm in Mapleville Rhode Island. Addieville is home to the first ever Vintager event and they are returning. The dates for this event are September 27-30 2012 The PGCA has been offered display only tables for this event and the PGCA is considering attending. We are looking for members who have an interst in working the booth/tables for 1,2 or even all three day's of this event. If you have an interest please contact me here by PM or email me at CTDOUBLES@AOL.com
The more volunteers the better as this will give everyone a chance to peruse the vendor tables and/or get some shooting in. Addieville is a great shooting venue and don't forget we are having our Annual Fun Shoot on May 12th...The perfect warm-up for this event.
Unread 03-30-2012, 08:18 PM   #2
C.O.B.
Forum Associate

Member Info

Thanked 6,330 Times in 2,084 Posts

Thats bird season here, so no clay targets when there are feathered ones. My dog as good as he is can't point a clay pigeon to save his soul.
Rich Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rich Anderson For Your Post:
Unread 03-30-2012, 11:28 PM   #3
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

Thanked 33,943 Times in 12,568 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Anderson View Post
My dog as good as he is can't point a clay pigeon to save his soul.

Now THAT'S an open-ended statement if I ever saw one!

The temptation is almost more than I can bear... I'm biting my tongue so hard it's bleeding...
Dean Romig is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2012, 08:43 PM   #4
OH Osthaus
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 8,339 Times in 3,302 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jent P Mitchell III View Post
[SIZE="3"] I would think that a donation from Raymond Poudrier to the PGCA of $2.00 for each person coming through the gate would be fair. What do the rest of you all think.
I think good luck with that - a group of four enthusiasts started the Vintagers, and Ray has made a business of it.

I have attended the Vintagers several times, the first time was the first year at Millbrook, at the insistance of one of those four founders who knew I shot hammer guns before I had heard of the Vintagers. We ( the lovely wife and I) are considering attending this year, although that month is hectic with a bamboo rod gathering, our fall wine trips in the Finger Lakes and the start of NY's grouse season.

IF we go - well, more power to Ray Poudrier for recognizing a niche market and filling it.

Sorry Jent - not trying to start anything - but darn I wish I had thought of it.