Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Non-Parker Specific & General Discussions General Discussions about Other Fine Doubles

Notices

Unread 12-13-2012, 09:15 AM   #41
ed good
On Vacation

Member Info

mike: it might be worth while to have a discussion about blood sports, but, it does not seem to be appropriate to this thread nor to this forum. perhaps we could continue this elsewhere?
ed good is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2012, 09:19 AM   #42
AmarilloMike
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by ed good View Post
recently saw the nature channel program:

"the secret life of crows"

felt guilty and sad for the few crows ah killed when i was a young lad, dat new no better...

how olt are u?
Ed these guns were built for blood sport. Almost all the Parker, Fox, and Ithaca side by sides were built for killing birds for sport. Many if not most of our members take these guns out and use them in blood sports. If our posts about blood sports make you feel bad please don't let our fondness for you make you feel obligated to keep coming here.
Mike Shepherd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2012, 11:07 AM   #43
J.B. Books
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 4,808 Times in 1,372 Posts

Quote:
recently saw the nature channel program:

"the secret life of crows"

felt guilty and sad for the few crows ah killed when i was a young lad, dat new no better...

how olt are u?
Would you have felt any better if had been the secret life of Bob White Quail or Canada Geese or maybe a Walt Disney film like Bambi?

How is your post germaine to qualities of the Remington 1900 and it's use in hunting? Do you believe your post brings value to the forum? Do you think it is a respectful post for a firearm site and a firearm site that occasionally deals with hunting? If you take issue with something I do use the PM feature please and we can discuss it, don't take it public.
Pete Lester is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2012, 01:03 PM   #44
Steve McCarty
Forum Associate

Member Info

Life, to a carnavor is all about killing and eating. There is no moral imperative. Crows are a pest, but really there is no requirement to justify the killing of any game. I don't eat coyotes or feral cats, but I do, or have, killed them. At one time I did my very best to kill as many humans of a certain persuasion as I could. One can, of course become a monk, or a Hindu and eschew killing of all kinds, that's okay by me. But if a nice fat cock bird bursts out of the long grass I'm going to bust'em.
Steve McCarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2012, 02:40 PM   #45
ed good
On Vacation

Member Info

steve: we all need to reach a balance where we are at peace with ourselves and with those we wish to be at peace with...the trick is maintaining that peace, particularly when guilt rears its ever present head...
Unread 12-13-2012, 02:45 PM   #46
ed good
On Vacation

Member Info

books: germaine? is it really necessary to bring the na zis into this?

you started this thread with a reference to your new "crow killer".

you did not say anything about crow hunting, as i recall.

course now, we can get into a discussion about the difference between hunting and killing, if you like? but not here. it just dont seem propriate...
Unread 12-13-2012, 09:06 PM   #47
AmarilloMike
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

ed you say you don't think it is appropriate to discuss it here yet you started this discussion about the morality of blood sports by giving Mr. Lester an elbow in the ribs for shooting crows. Then you say again you don't think this is the place to have a discussion and in the same paragraph try to differentiate killing from hunting.

I think it is hilarious that a double gun dealer is anti-hunting. Do your require that your prospective purchasers agree not to hunt with the gun?
Unread 12-13-2012, 09:15 PM   #48
ed good
On Vacation

Member Info

mike: i am not anti hunting. however, i do take issue with those who kill just for the pleasure of it. humans, cats and weasels come to mind... has it occurred to you that very few other creatures besides us humans seem to kill for fun? ever wonder why that is?

and, i do encourage shooting clay birds with vintage double guns...great sport!
Unread 12-13-2012, 09:25 PM   #49
AmarilloMike
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Quote:
mike: i am not anti hunting. however, i do take issue with those who kill just for the pleasure of it. some humans and most weasels come to mind.
http://parkerguns.org/forums/showthr...ighlight=bleed

Quote:
charlie: may i suggest that you hunt less and shoot more. clay birds do not bleed.
I say again I think it is hilarious that a double gun dealer is anti-hunting. And I repeat my question: Do you require buyers to agree not to hunt with the double guns you sell them. Would seem hypocritical to sell the means while you disapprove of the end.
Unread 12-13-2012, 10:07 PM   #50
Steve McCarty
Forum Associate

Member Info

Quote:
steve: we all need to reach a balance where we are at peace with ourselves and with those we wish to be at peace with...the trick is maintaining that peace, particularly when guilt rears its ever present head...
Yep, Ed. You said it better than I can.
Steve McCarty is offline   Reply With Quote