Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

Unread 02-05-2023, 03:34 PM   #101
6pt-Sika
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 7,533 Times in 3,406 Posts

Well I’d thought someone in GA bought the SA-1 but now I think the SA-1 will be in a place with another SA-1
Unread 02-05-2023, 03:41 PM   #102
6pt-Sika
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garry L Gordon View Post
It sounds like a nice place to visit, and I wish I could go some day. It's just so far that by the time I pay for the dog care and travel, I could meet the BP cost for a nice gun. Still, I'd like to see their facility and enjoy some of the things folks have noted in the area (especially the seafood!!)...not to mention meet some folks that I've come to know only through the Forum.
I learned about the food on the Eastern Shore forty years ago . I’ve spent a fair amount of time in Talbot County which is where St Michael’s is playing with steam engines of all things and I’ve spent an even larger amount of time in Dorchester County just south of Talbot for the Sika hunting experience . And I ALWAYS found great food be it the Tidewater Inn in Easton or some little General’s Store in Woolford and plenty others in between .
Unread 02-05-2023, 03:44 PM   #103
6pt-Sika
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur Shaffer View Post
I bid on 8 or 10 guns, but not seriously. They were out of ny reach generally before my bid was submitted and acceptet.
I bought only two guns; one of the cheap doubles from Europe needing work and the Citori Browning 16 in the box. I wanted it for hunting. I have looked for new ones for over a year and they are just getting heavier, This one was near the perfect weight for a field 16.

The 16 is my favorite gauge, and I own around a dozen or few by my count, but not a one with over 2-1/2" chambers. Sometimes you just want one that you can buy a few shells and not worry about where you take it.

I watch quite a few auctions and I was amazed. Neglecting the ones in the stratosphere, I thought almost every lot was hammered at it's absolute maximum expected street price, then the vig added. I only saw one lot passed with no bid.
I had one of the first Citori Lightening 16’s and watched the one you bought as well as the used one . Very easy gun to shoot well , congrats !
Unread 02-05-2023, 03:46 PM   #104
Mike of the Mountain
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 8,920 Times in 2,690 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Murphy View Post
Mike, did you have a list of the bidder numbers? By the way, we saw what we think is Destry's old Churchill 8 gauge. Sixteen thousand some odd dollars.
No Bill, only took down the prices the items fetched.
Mike Koneski is offline   Reply With Quote
Visit Mike Koneski's homepage!
Unread 02-05-2023, 03:48 PM   #105
Craig Larter
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 10,430 Times in 1,647 Posts

I have attended Guyette auctions for 30 plus years as a decoy collector. They are a first class organization from my many dealings with them over many years. We are fortunate as gun collectors to have them enter the gun auction business. We needed a small quality/customer focused organization in our hobby. Well done!
Craig Larter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2023, 03:51 PM   #106
John Davis
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 6,328 Times in 1,240 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigThompson View Post
Well I’d thought someone in GA bought the SA-1 but now I think the SA-1 will be in a place with another SA-1
Cornering the market on SA1S’s?

"Oh Christ, just shoot the damn thing."
Destry L. Hoffard
John Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to John Davis For Your Post:
Unread 02-05-2023, 03:52 PM   #107
GunnerGrilli
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Larter View Post
I have attended Guyette auctions for 30 plus years as a decoy collector. They are a first class organization from my many dealings with them over many years. We are fortunate as gun collectors to have them enter the gun auction business. We needed a small quality/customer focused organization in our hobby. Well done!
Craig,

My feelings are exactly the same, and I hope it stays that way. It is a breath of fresh air in the Gun Auction world. Well said.

Thanks,

Bobby
GunnerGrilli is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GunnerGrilli For Your Post:
Unread 02-05-2023, 04:35 PM   #108
John Bastiani
PGCA Member

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigThompson View Post
I learned about the food on the Eastern Shore forty years ago . I’ve spent a fair amount of time in Talbot County which is where St Michael’s is playing with steam engines of all things and I’ve spent an even larger amount of time in Dorchester County just south of Talbot for the Sika hunting experience . And I ALWAYS found great food be it the Tidewater Inn in Easton or some little General’s Store in Woolford and plenty others in between .
I looked and looked in all the fields you pass to see one of the Sika deer with no luck. According to everybody I talked to is that you have to go alittle farther into Dorchester county like you have mentioned. From pictures that I have seen they look like minature Elk and taste better than whitetails.
John Bastiani is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to John Bastiani For Your Post:
Great event...
Unread 02-05-2023, 05:05 PM   #109
Loren Tillett
PGCA Member

Member Info

Default Great event...

The Guyette and Deeter auction team, and Josh Lowensteiner and his colleagues, collaborated to put on a superb two-day event. The hospitality, locations, and management of the auction were all first-rate. Talbot County, MD and the Chesapeake Bay Maritime Museum should be proud to have this celebration of Americana and sporting arms centered in Easton and St. Michaels. There were many new plateaus reached with prices this weekend. We Parker, Ithaca, A.H. Fox, Winchester, etc. owners should sleep well knowing that our valuations have entered new territory. (Here's wondering who the online bidders were that had their foot to the floorboard on some of the bids? Perhaps we'll see those items come back around one day.) In any event, here's looking forward to September 2023 and that the auction team can assemble another world-class line up. Keep it up Guyette and Deeter, and Josh. It was a most pleasurable February event along the frigid Miles River. Thank you for the food, drinks, expertise and displays. And, PGCA members, put the September date on your travel calendars. You can still read the menu if you're on a diet.
Loren Tillett is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Loren Tillett For Your Post:
Unread 02-05-2023, 06:34 PM   #110
6pt-Sika
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Bastiani View Post
I looked and looked in all the fields you pass to see one of the Sika deer with no luck. According to everybody I talked to is that you have to go alittle farther into Dorchester county like you have mentioned. From pictures that I have seen they look like minature Elk and taste better than whitetails.
Yes sir ! Some are killed in Talbot each year but the majority are killed in Dorchester . I’ve taken nine sika’s in my entire hunting life of which two were six points which is what considered decent/good . I’d like to still be hunting them but now at 60+ that marsh in the dark alone isn’t the best thing for me to be doing . Always wanted 40-60 acres in southern Dorchester for hunting but it never happened . Only two Sika 6’s I killed one on state land the other on the Blackwater . Incidentally they are more closely related to elk than Whitetail’s , also me they taste a good bit like elk maybe just a hint sweeter in flavor .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 782DD0E8-3A56-403F-BDFF-79A65A1D1680.jpg (451.8 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg 387A1F06-1E0D-467B-A7D9-BFF3E6821DFF.jpg (479.3 KB, 2 views)