Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

Unread 05-25-2023, 12:13 PM   #11
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

Thanked 33,039 Times in 12,321 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Koneski View Post
Even a large organization such as the PGCA would be hard-pressed to keep an extensive inventory of colors, sizes, styles on hand. The promise of ordering one-off from a website is the best option in my estimation.

When I was at my most recent employment at a Volvo dealer the owner told me to stock up on and carry "VOLVO" logoed clothing - jackets, hats, golf shirts, T-shirts, etc., ad nauseum... all in different color schemes and sizes. I said "Absolutely Not will I ever do that - it is a huge waste of time and money!"
I talked some sense into him and he finally agreed with me.

Not to even mention returns for any and every reason a customer can think of....

George King, "That's Ruff", 2010 - a timeless classic.
Dean Romig is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dean Romig For Your Post:
Unread 05-25-2023, 03:51 PM   #12
edgarspencer
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 11,371 Times in 3,072 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Dudley View Post
There is foreign made junk. And there is also US made junk. Just because it is made here does not automatically mean that it is higher quality.
The difference is, in my estimation, that if you complain about the quality of a product made here, the manufacturer will make efforts to correct the defect, knowing if he doesn't, eventually his bank will make it more expensive to have a revolving line of credit, and his company will ultimately fail. If you complain about the quality of a cheap import, the most they will do is throw it away, and give you another POS. They really don't care what we think of their quality, and since most of their industry is banked by the government, they stand nothing to loose.
At the 'request' of the CT Dept. of Economic Development, back in the 80s, I went with a contingent to the Shandong Province. We spent 10 days looking at the Chinese steel industry. It was hopelessly inefficient, 50 years behind us, and rife with corruption, and their stated certifications were outright fraud.
edgarspencer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to edgarspencer For Your Post:
Unread 05-25-2023, 04:03 PM   #13
J. A. EARLY
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 2,665 Times in 867 Posts

The PGCA does not have to buy and keep inventory. Whomever we choose to supply us must be directed to the American based supplier who will provide American made shirts, caps, etc.

I did all of the buying for my IBEW local. We used several companies that provided only U.S. supplied Ts, polos, and caps (and most were Unionized whether you like that or not but that was a requirement for us). King Louie provides great polos. The last I ordered a few years back were sold for $15 for Ts and $12 for caps. I know that has gone up but when we were paying $20 for a foreign made PGCA T shirt that falls apart, I don't think paying a little more to keep Americans employed hurts a person who owns one or more Parkers. Mills had Spin Wheels make the American made white PGCA caps.
Jerry Harlow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jerry Harlow For Your Post:
Unread 05-25-2023, 04:38 PM   #14
Dollar
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,072 Times in 349 Posts

I'll look into my supplier they actually make the t-shirts in house and print on the logos in house.They seem to be holding up and lasting.
Bob Hayes is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bob Hayes For Your Post:
Unread 05-25-2023, 08:32 PM   #15
Phil Yearout
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 3,998 Times in 1,059 Posts

Geez guys, I was just trying to see if there was a place to buy another Parker t-shirt; didn't mean to start a debate about international commerce. Mine from Spin Wheel (made in Honduras) is just fine except for the stain from the taco sauce I spilled on the front .
Unread 06-16-2023, 10:32 AM   #16
TOOL MAN
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,918 Times in 420 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Dudley View Post
Regarding the original question. I know that the LC guys are working very hard on a new option. And they have spoke with Parker and Lefever about it. The conversation they had with Lefever sounded very promising that they had a few very good options out there that I think everyone would be impressed with.
So what are we, "CHOPPED LIVER??" The 12th Annual Fox-Parker Challenge is 6 weeks out and we need hats. Can someone please contact me at (cambo6789@gmail.com) if a new source for logoed apparel is in place.

2019 FPC HATS.jpg
Unread 06-16-2023, 10:50 AM   #17
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

Thanked 33,039 Times in 12,321 Posts

When you find a source for the hats/embroidery can the Team Parker hats say "Parker-Fox Challenge 2023" ?

....asking for a friend.

George King, "That's Ruff", 2010 - a timeless classic.
Dean Romig is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dean Romig For Your Post:
Unread 06-16-2023, 12:12 PM   #18
Mike of the Mountain
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 8,667 Times in 2,628 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Cambria View Post
So what are we, "CHOPPED LIVER??" The 12th Annual Fox-Parker Challenge is 6 weeks out and we need hats. Can someone please contact me at (cambo6789@gmail.com) if a new source for logoed apparel is in place.

Attachment 117288
Tool, why don't you step up and get the hats made? Asking for a friend.
Mike Koneski is offline   Reply With Quote
Visit Mike Koneski's homepage!
Unread 06-16-2023, 04:58 PM   #19
Bill Murphy
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 8,780 Times in 4,716 Posts

I have worn 3 of Morris Baker's hats for years and they are in great shape, except for sweat stains. I have washed them, bleached them, and abused them in many ways, as well as wearing them every day. Ask Morris for information. Two are Fahrenheit Fashion Headwear, one is Creative Embroidery, all are a good fit, which many hats are not. Creative Embroidery is in Michigan, 231-775-3065, yup, made in China. Style 708. I have 250 shooting hats and I wear these three every day.
Bill Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2023, 09:30 AM   #20
Cold Spring
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 6,233 Times in 1,200 Posts

Steve Barnett's hats are embroidered, top quality and wear like iron. A call to August at Barnett's would probably ID the source company.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SB hats.jpg (328.8 KB, 1 views)
Frank Srebro is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Frank Srebro For Your Post: