Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums Hunting with Parkers

Notices

Place to grouse hunt
Unread 03-29-2023, 09:28 PM   #1
David Penland
PGCA Member

Member Info

Default Place to grouse hunt

My son’s and I have been to the UP in Michigan the last to years to hunt grouse and woodcock. We have our own dogs and are learning. We have had decent success and both we and our dogs are improving with each trip. We are thinking of going somewhere else and I would appreciate any suggestions others might have based on experiences you have had. Like I said we take our own dogs but they do not stay in the cabin. We keep them in dog boxes at night. We also like to stay in a decent place. Thanks for any input.
David Penland is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to David Penland For Your Post:
Hunt
Unread 04-18-2023, 11:53 AM   #2
Hoogie44
Forum Associate

Member Info

Default Hunt

:bigby
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Penland View Post
My son’s and I have been to the UP in Michigan the last to years to hunt grouse and woodcock. We have our own dogs and are learning. We have had decent success and both we and our dogs are improving with each trip. We are thinking of going somewhere else and I would appreciate any suggestions others might have based on experiences you have had. Like I said we take our own dogs but they do not stay in the cabin. We keep them in dog boxes at night. We also like to stay in a decent place. Thanks for any input.
Dave how far away are you willing to go for a first rate hunt . if the answer is reel far call 616-780 6248
Gary Hoogewind is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2023, 12:19 PM   #3
Dollar
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,072 Times in 349 Posts

We go there about every year, if you're looking for more birds it's probably just a matter of finding the right cover.Which is 3/4 of the battle as with all hunting.Knowing where to go with birds expedites the learning of the actual bird hunting.Last season we had good bird numbers and mediocre shooting.All though one great day.Some years we are further west from Marquette and have good birds and few competition.This year we were closer to Gwinn still had good bird numbers but more hunters to dodge around.
Bob Hayes is offline   Reply With Quote