Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

Unread 01-24-2024, 10:50 AM   #11
GH-16
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,304 Times in 445 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destry L. Hoffard View Post
Dean has nailed it on the head. I just left a blistering Google review and would encourage everyone else to do so.
IMO Boss is a slick marketing company who just happens to be shotshell manufacturer. They've identified where the action is at currently & going into the future. Any google reviews or emails will probably be met with an eyeroll followed by an Ok-Boomer reaction

The future of the shooting sports isn't with us boomers, it's with the young gun Benelli auto-jammer magnumitis crowd who think that Boss has developed a magic elixir type ammo that makes game fall from the sky just from the mention that you're using Boss ammo. I can just imagine a ducks last thoughts were, Thank god I was killed by Boss Bismuth rather than that evil lead

Right or wrong ammo manufactures have been duping us shotgunners forever! Damascus is dangerous and a sure trip to death or dismemberment, lubaloy shot has twice the killing power of chilled shot, you need to use 12ga 1 3/4oz super magnum high brass #4's to kill a pheasant and it's a must that you have 20 super-duper ported screw-in choke tubes with you at all times. Boss is simply marketing to the generations that's been indoctrinated with the we have to save the planet, EV's are great, lead will kill you if even touch it with your bare hands & big brother has our best interests at heart with banning lead ammunition.

I don't like it, but spending a bunch of time fighting it is probably akin to pushing a rope
Paul Ehlers is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Paul Ehlers For Your Post:
Unread 01-24-2024, 12:20 PM   #12
MarketHunter
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 4,035 Times in 1,168 Posts

We should all do as we see fit.

Apparently this has snowballed a bit. I got no response from a call or email but the Google review did finally get one. Just some blah blah blah, but it's apparently starting to get their attention at least.
I was as virtuously given as a gentleman need to be; virtuous enough; swore little; diced not above seven times a week; went to a bawdy-house once in a quarter--of an hour; paid money that I borrowed, three of four times; lived well and in good compass: and now I live out of all order, out of all compass. Falstaff - Henry IV
Destry L. Hoffard is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Destry L. Hoffard For Your Post:
Unread 01-24-2024, 02:13 PM   #13
Chris T.
PGCA Member

Member Info

Perfect. Proof that one man can make a difference...
Chris Travinski is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2024, 03:48 PM   #14
Mark Kircher
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 2,409 Times in 293 Posts

I took a moment to send the link to this thread to Boss. I told them I expected their position may hurt business. Here is a copy of the response I recieved.

Hi MArk!

Thank you for sharing. It's amazing the things people will post when ignorance is celebrated on the internet. We support the extensive research SLF has done, and as a small business in today's America, actually believe we could use a little less government and don't support a sweeping lead ban of any sort. We developed a shell that is a direct replacement for lead to be used by waterfowlers, and think that is trap shooters would rather shoot lead (which I believe is the intention of the initial post) they should be free to do so. We're happy to talk through any questions you may have!

Thank you again for your time and support, we certainly appreciate it!
Meghan Superczynski

– Gordon MacQuarrie, The Last Stories of the Old Duck Hunters, 1985
MARK KIRCHER is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to MARK KIRCHER For Your Post:
Unread 01-24-2024, 06:14 PM   #15
Steiner
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 2,083 Times in 470 Posts

Boss.png Someone sent me this. Now I'm more confused than normal. This is more complicated than it seems
Dan Steingraber is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2024, 06:15 PM   #16
Double Lab
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 6,277 Times in 2,428 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Ehlers View Post
IMO Boss is a slick marketing company who just happens to be shotshell manufacturer. They've identified where the action is at currently & going into the future. Any google reviews or emails will probably be met with an eyeroll followed by an Ok-Boomer reaction

The future of the shooting sports isn't with us boomers, it's with the young gun Benelli auto-jammer magnumitis crowd who think that Boss has developed a magic elixir type ammo that makes game fall from the sky just from the mention that you're using Boss ammo. I can just imagine a ducks last thoughts were, Thank god I was killed by Boss Bismuth rather than that evil lead

Right or wrong ammo manufactures have been duping us shotgunners forever! Damascus is dangerous and a sure trip to death or dismemberment, lubaloy shot has twice the killing power of chilled shot, you need to use 12ga 1 3/4oz super magnum high brass #4's to kill a pheasant and it's a must that you have 20 super-duper ported screw-in choke tubes with you at all times. Boss is simply marketing to the generations that's been indoctrinated with the we have to save the planet, EV's are great, lead will kill you if even touch it with your bare hands & big brother has our best interests at heart with banning lead ammunition.

I don't like it, but spending a bunch of time fighting it is probably akin to pushing a rope

You nailed it Paul.
Complicated?
Unread 01-24-2024, 06:21 PM   #17
Dean Weber
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 1,259 Times in 217 Posts

Default Complicated?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Steingraber View Post
Attachment 122869 Someone sent me this. Now I'm more confused than normal. This is more complicated than it seems
Dan,
I may not be following the whole conversation appropriately. But, what is the complication you are speaking to?
Unread 01-24-2024, 06:33 PM   #18
Andy
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 2,469 Times in 971 Posts

Ask them to show the studies proving that. NY just failed to pass a lead ban because the data didn’t prove it was as toxic as perceived. And that’s a legislature that is controlled by left-wing wingnuts who ban anything right of left. So I call STINK on Boss. Probably owned by some young, moderate people who think they’re environmentally friendly, but also sporting, which as we know is rare. Sporting also means rock, climbing kayaking, and speed skating on an Adirondack lake so take that for what it’s worth.
Unread 01-24-2024, 07:02 PM   #19
Steiner
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 2,083 Times in 470 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Weber View Post
Dan,
I may not be following the whole conversation appropriately. But, what is the complication you are speaking to?
Dean, The reply Mark received from Boss sure seemed straight forward but the exhibit someone sent me sure indicates that Boss has a strong position against the "poison" we shoot targets with.
Dan Steingraber is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dan Steingraber For Your Post:
Unread 01-24-2024, 08:17 PM   #20
MarketHunter
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 4,035 Times in 1,168 Posts

I hadn't seen that part of it. Yeah that whole thing with the earthworms, I mean come the hell on......
I was as virtuously given as a gentleman need to be; virtuous enough; swore little; diced not above seven times a week; went to a bawdy-house once in a quarter--of an hour; paid money that I borrowed, three of four times; lived well and in good compass: and now I live out of all order, out of all compass. Falstaff - Henry IV
Destry L. Hoffard is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Destry L. Hoffard For Your Post: