Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Announcement, Help & Introduction Forums New User Introductions

Notices

Unread 08-22-2016, 08:51 PM   #11
Jim DiSpagno
Forum Associate

Member Info

Thanked 2,579 Times in 777 Posts

Chris, looks like the barrels have been chopped. Have you measured them? How long are they? That will help determine price as well as other factors.
Jim DiSpagno is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2016, 09:01 AM   #12
C.O.B.
Forum Associate

Member Info

Thanked 6,320 Times in 2,082 Posts

To answer your question about posting for sale here yes you have to be a PGCA member to use the for sale section of this forum.
Unread 09-06-2016, 04:15 PM   #13
Chris O'Riley
Forum Associate

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim DiSpagno View Post
Chris, looks like the barrels have been chopped. Have you measured them? How long are they? That will help determine price as well as other factors.
I have not measured them, as I was under the impression that at the time of its identification, it was in the same condition that it is now.

Also, thank you for the clarification on selling
Chris O'Riley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2016, 06:03 PM   #14
David Noble
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,112 Times in 394 Posts

Chris, the letter you have was derived from original Parker Bros stock and order books that were kept at the time of the manufacture of your gun in 1899. The info in the letter is used to determine the original configuration to compare with the gun now. That is how you can tell if the gun has been altered over the years. Your barrels were likely cut years ago (as many were). The letter doesn't say the distance it was patterned at but it likely had full & full original choking. Depending on how much has been cut away there may be very little or no choke left in the barrels.This will have an effect on the value.
David Noble is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to David Noble For Your Post:
Frame size
Unread 09-06-2016, 09:41 PM   #15
Larry the Gun Guy
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,557 Times in 382 Posts

Default Frame size

Hi Chris and welcome to the PGCA. There is great educational information from very knowledgeable members and all kinds of interesting other things about hunting and guns as well. I'm just curious about the frame size on your gun; if you take the barrels off of the gun and turn them over, bottom looking up, there are some numbers on the barrel lug that fits down into the action. And that is the frame size. What is that number? It will be a 2,3,4 ...something like that.
Thanks Chris and enjoy the site!

Larry
Larry Stauch is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2016, 08:36 AM   #16
davidboyles
PGCA Member

Member Info

Default New member

Welcome Chris I live in Wimberley and am a Houston transplant after 67 years there. I started collecting parkers about 6 years ago and have gotten more out of them since joining this group. Have made a number of friends and will be hunting in Dec with a new friend from New Mexico with our quail dogs. Tens can be fun great for turkeys and with RST shells to fit I've shot doves. I hunt plenty down in Hondo for doves and have for the last 3 weeks. We could meet up for lunch sometime as to come in on 290 is easy. Best David
davidboyles is offline   Reply With Quote