Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Non-Parker Specific & General Discussions Shotgun Shell Reloading

Notices

Unread 08-11-2013, 09:37 AM   #81
Double Lab
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 6,746 Times in 2,588 Posts

Please, do tell, where did this "delivery" come from Bill?
Daryl Corona is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2013, 09:45 AM   #82
J.B. Books
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 5,055 Times in 1,426 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Murphy View Post
The delivery we just got had Top Guns $56.50 a flat, shot in mid thirties, W209 for $31.50, Thunderbolts for $21.00 a brick. I may be set for life at the rate I'm shooting.
Those are the best prices in the nation on shot (by far) and Win 209 primers. The Remington Thunderbolts are still selling on Gunbroker for $36 a brick plus shipping. You should buying and selling that stuff for profit!

Our local guy rec'd 33 bags of shot all #9's on an order of 240 bags. His distributor told him no more shot until November, his price to us is $42 a bag cash and that is way better than local retail of $49 to $55 a bag.
Pete Lester is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2013, 09:51 AM   #83
charlie cleveland
Forum Associate

Member Info

Thanked 7,801 Times in 3,968 Posts

i have not seen any big pallets of shotgun shells for doves at the wally world as of yet. they had maybe 5 cases of differant shells such as steel and lead high brass and low brass...i n by gone years the aieles would be full of dove loads... i picked up a 100 round box of 12 ga for 26 dollars...hope every one else is fairing better...charlie
charlie cleveland is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2013, 10:17 AM   #84
OH Osthaus
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 8,339 Times in 3,302 Posts

i wish i had paid that for the bricks of W209s
Unread 08-11-2013, 10:46 PM   #85
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

Thanked 33,943 Times in 12,568 Posts

We're being duped. Remember what happened to gasoline prices in '73/'74 when an artificial shortage was in place? Remember the long lines at the pumps? Remember the oddd/even days when we were allowed to buy fuel????? It was all created to elevate the price of gasoline!! When we finally were able to buy gasoline after the "shortage" had ended we didn't complain much at all about the price... we were just so happy that gasoline was available once again..... What a bunch of saps we are!!
Dean Romig is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dean Romig For Your Post:
Unread 08-11-2013, 11:00 PM   #86
OH Osthaus
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 8,339 Times in 3,302 Posts

that may be true Dean, but back in '74 no one stockpiled gasoline,

(okay there was that guy up in the hollow that filled auxiliary tanks on his Winnebago, but someone siphoned it out so the plan failed)

except for those few like serious clays shooters who use large amounts, many people are putting away enough to last a long, if not a life, time, sales may well crash at some point, and if its an ammo company ripoff, they may regret it when no one needs to buy any longer.
Unread 08-11-2013, 11:09 PM   #87
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

Thanked 33,943 Times in 12,568 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Losey View Post
Ifits an ammo company ripoff, they may regret it when no one needs to buy any longer.

We've already seen some small evidence of that but it will happen on a large scale and they will regret it.
Dean Romig is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dean Romig For Your Post:
Unread 08-12-2013, 05:19 AM   #88
J.B. Books
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 5,055 Times in 1,426 Posts

I do not believe for one second we are being duped. That would require both US and foriegn competitors of ammo, powder, and components such as lead shot to conspire with each other. I can't believe the desire of each to make a profit by filling the void created intentionally by another could happen much less persist. To believe this means a coordinated effort between; Dupont, Alliant, Hodgdon, Fiochhi, Cheddite, Winchester, Federal, Estate, Rio, Hornady, Lawrence, Eagle, etc, etc. It would also deliberately open up the door to new competition as new companies are formed to meet the demand.

Similiar to the 1930's we have had and have a PANIC, just like the run on the banks. A gun buying panic created by fear. Not just existing gun owners buying more but new gun owners, all those tens of millions of new guns need ammunition.

Go out and do some research on the federal DPAS system, I deal with it at work. A government agency can place an order with a vendor and make that order a DPAS code DX. That is top priority, becomes the first order a vendor must fill under law. The government has been exposed of buying billions of additional rounds of ammo for HHS, plus what they were buying for the military. The HHS purchases are far greater in quantity and short timing then even the military orders when the two wars were active. That ammo takes all the same raw materials every other cartridge and shell uses.

Then add to the mix hoarders, buying out of fear and stockpiling. Then add to that carpet baggers, buying what they can to turn around and sell it for a quick profit, often double or more than what they paid. These two conditions put additional demand on the supply chain.

There is no OPEC or oil cartel here created to bring the biggest producers and competitors together and monopolize a market. This is a true mess created by politics and fear of the same, made worse by the deliberate giant priority orders of the government designed to dry up supply, and further made worse by scared people who hoard and opportunists looking to profit.

Finally, shortages drive up prices but added to this are the monetary policies of the last few years that have devalued the dollar, (of course the gov't doesn't want to call this inflation) and we arrive at $55 a bag for lead, and $3.75 a gallon to go pick it up in a $35,000 truck.
Pete Lester is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pete Lester For Your Post:
Unread 08-12-2013, 08:13 AM   #89
Bill Murphy
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 9,178 Times in 4,897 Posts

Daryl, I sent you a PM.
Bill Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2013, 08:19 AM   #90
Double Lab
PGCA Lifetime