Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

Unread 04-21-2020, 08:48 PM   #71
BRDHNTR
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 2,846 Times in 1,290 Posts

Amen to this post.
allen newell is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to allen newell For Your Post:
Unread 04-22-2020, 05:41 AM   #72
Dean Weber
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 1,444 Times in 237 Posts

According to this thread, we the association, judge people by a number of socio-economic indicators so I will be transparent so we don't have to discuss whether I am young, old, or a snob. I will be 55 in a few weeks and I have exchanged tens of thousands of dollars with my esteemed fellow members. Yet, I am not independently wealthy and have much to learn from all of you.

I am also a new member who has looked for years without committing and rarely posting. Why, you might ask? The answer is complex, but this thread is a good indicator. I do not absolve Mr. Bojangles for his part in this discussion, but it appears to me we have implemented a mob mentality within this thread (this is not the first time). We have also gone so far as to tell Mr. Bojangles he is not welcome. I am embarrassed by this thread.

When I think of a Parker, I think of a gentleman. Perhaps, we as a society have lost decorum. However, we as an association do not have to succumb to the age of using a keyboard to engage in a conflict and bicker over semantics. I challenge us to be better than this.
Best,
Dean Weber
Unread 04-22-2020, 06:49 AM   #73
BRDHNTR
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 2,846 Times in 1,290 Posts

Amen please
allen newell is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to allen newell For Your Post:
Unread 04-22-2020, 09:55 AM   #74
MrBojangles
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Weber View Post
According to this thread, we the association, judge people by a number of socio-economic indicators so I will be transparent so we don't have to discuss whether I am young, old, or a snob. I will be 55 in a few weeks and I have exchanged tens of thousands of dollars with my esteemed fellow members. Yet, I am not independently wealthy and have much to learn from all of you.

I am also a new member who has looked for years without committing and rarely posting. Why, you might ask? The answer is complex, but this thread is a good indicator. I do not absolve Mr. Bojangles for his part in this discussion, but it appears to me we have implemented a mob mentality within this thread (this is not the first time). We have also gone so far as to tell Mr. Bojangles he is not welcome. I am embarrassed by this thread.

When I think of a Parker, I think of a gentleman. Perhaps, we as a society have lost decorum. However, we as an association do not have to succumb to the age of using a keyboard to engage in a conflict and bicker over semantics. I challenge us to be better than this.
Best,
Dean Weber
Thank you for your kind words.

I will agree perhaps I'm not an angel, but this forum feels not much more than sixth grade where someone is bullied and their friends all cheer on the bully. As exhibited by those who did not want to acknowledge my opinion, even so called "experts" who were proven wrong, and all their "friends" acknowledge the true greatness of their most juvenile post.

Too bad that instead of having an open mind to ideas that differ from what one wants to believe, the response is just to make it go away.
Ian Civco is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2020, 10:03 AM   #75
Dean Weber
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 1,444 Times in 237 Posts

Ian,
I see you are a veterinarian. Shoot me a PM and we can discuss hunting dogs.
Unread 04-22-2020, 12:43 PM   #76
todd allen
Forum Associate

Member Info

Thanked 3,364 Times in 1,157 Posts

I come to this site to learn, or share something. I think that is the mission of the PGCA.
I own a number of working guns that happen to be Parkers, and I love the exchange of knowledge, and sharing of beautiful guns.
There are plenty of sites out there that people can go to for a good fight. I happen to own one, and it's NOT the Shooting Sportsman site, if you know what I mean. (I'm not rich, but am a Luckydog)
On these pages, when snarkiness comes out, I disconnect. Not because I'm afraid of a fight, it's because I'm in someone else's house, and choose to abide by the rules.
todd allen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to todd allen For Your Post:
Unread 04-27-2020, 06:44 AM   #77
J.B. Books
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 5,047 Times in 1,424 Posts

I will wade in. First I like boat anchors, I call them shooters. All my doubles are used for hunting. Mostly salt water duck hunting which is not a good place for a high condition or high grade gun IMO. Where can I find a modern double of the same quality as a mechanically correct Trojan or Sterlingworth for the same price? Some pretty nice people here shoot boat anchors, I don't really care what my friends shoot and if they are my friends they don't care what I shoot either. My guns are not my investments, they are my toys, and over the years it's been win some, lose some. Maybe markets have changed and put more in the lose some column, so what, I had years and years of enjoyment with those for the difference. I have a 12ga Trojan I like to shoot sporting clays with, even more so than my GHE Skeet. Truth be told my friends don't look at my gun, good or bad they only seem look at my score at the end of day. Some days they are quiet other days they laugh. Try to have some fun with your boat anchors.
Unread 04-27-2020, 07:18 AM   #78
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

Thanked 33,935 Times in 12,566 Posts

Some of us have shot with Pete and a few of us wish our ‘boat anchors’ shot as well as his ‘boat anchors’ do.

George King, "That's Ruff", 2010 - a timeless classic.
Dean Romig is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dean Romig For Your Post:
Unread 04-27-2020, 08:26 AM   #79
J.B. Books
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 5,047 Times in 1,424 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Romig View Post
Some of us have shot with Pete and a few of us wish our ‘boat anchors’ shot as well as his ‘boat anchors’ do.

It comes and it goes Dean, somedays the bug other days the windshield
Unread 04-27-2020, 08:39 AM   #80
MrBojangles
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Lester View Post
I will wade in. First I like boat anchors, I call them shooters. All my doubles are used for hunting. Mostly salt water duck hunting which is not a good place for a high condition or high grade gun IMO. Where can I find a modern double of the same quality as a mechanically correct Trojan or Sterlingworth for the same price? Some pretty nice people here shoot boat anchors, I don't really care what my friends shoot and if they are my friends they don't care what I shoot either. My guns are not my investments, they are my toys, and over the years it's been win some, lose some. Maybe markets have changed and put more in the lose some column, so what, I had years and years of enjoyment with those for the difference. I have a 12ga Trojan I like to shoot sporting clays with, even more so than my GHE Skeet. Truth be told my friends don't look at my gun, good or bad they only seem look at my score at the end of day. Some days they are quiet other days they laugh. Try to have some fun with your boat anchors.
Right you are! I own a few Fox Sterlingworths and a few A Grades. Sterlingworths can still be had for around $500. Where else can you find such a BARGAIN, fine workmanship so cheaply? I even scored a really nice 16 gauge Sterlingworth for $800 a few years ago. And 12 gauge Parker Trojans aren't much more!
Ian Civco is offline   Reply With Quote