Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

Unread 01-01-2024, 04:39 PM   #61
Woodcock survey
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,473 Times in 618 Posts

Thank you Pete. This day is not about shooting at all, it is about the people and the guns. Realized i had never held a Lefever on the way up and Sara took care of that omission in short order. Thank you Sara!! Again it is the people that make the day with the stories and the unique guns. John it is fabulous, thank you.
Daniel Carter is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Daniel Carter For Your Post:
Unread 01-01-2024, 04:53 PM   #62
J.B. Books
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 5,056 Times in 1,426 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Dunkle View Post
I'd like to thank Pete for pulling this together - but, the real "Stars of the Day" were Sara's Sugar cookies, Bill's Venison Stew and Bob's Smoked Chicken.... Just saying.... Too....

It was a pleasure to meet many of you for the first time - and for your comments and conversation!!.... And....

Sara - in a couple of the images above - I notice my bird is broken into several pieces while Pete's is intact?? Photoshop? I think not.... Thanks for making me look good...!!

John D.
We lucked out on the weather and I will second you on the food, we had a very nice and rather bountiful lunch. I will never tire of your Grandpa's trap gun which btw you shot very well, I had to use a 10 ga to tie you Your DHE 20 is a sweet little gun (but my Parker GHE 12ga Skeet Gun said, "hey watch this little bro"). I also liked Mark Kingsbury's high condition Lefever 16ga G grade as well. Congrats to Bob Lyons who brought his new to him Parker damascus GH 10ga and shot a short ten for the first time thanks to Scott Kittredge shotshell distributor Inc. If somebody didn't have a good time today it was their own fault. Thanks to all who came and Happy 2024, may it be a great year for everyone.
Unread 01-01-2024, 05:03 PM   #63
Sara LeFever
PGCA Member

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Carter View Post
Thank you Pete. Realized i had never held a Lefever on the way up and Sara took care of that omission in short order. Thank you Sara!!
You are very welcome. I’m glad I could make that wish come true, and let you inspect my C and G grades. Lefevers do not disappoint!

Sara
Sara LeFever is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Sara LeFever For Your Post:
Unread 01-01-2024, 05:15 PM   #64
J.B. Books
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 5,056 Times in 1,426 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Carter View Post
Thank you Pete. This day is not about shooting at all, it is about the people and the guns. Realized i had never held a Lefever on the way up and Sara took care of that omission in short order. Thank you Sara!! Again it is the people that make the day with the stories and the unique guns. John it is fabulous, thank you.
Lefever shotguns are special and the high grades are beautiful works of art. They really play well with Parkers in the gun cabinet. The more you learn about them the better the odds you will show up next year with one of your own. (PS. Sara might not have told you some of their special features, to name a couple you can turn an automatic safety off and make it a manual safety with the turn of a screw. Uncle Dan's design was rather brilliant, instead of a roll pin for the hinge it is a ball and socket, should it come loose from wear you can bring it back on face by turning another screw).
Unread 01-01-2024, 05:25 PM   #65
John D.
PGCA Lifer
Admin

Member Info

Thanked 4,225 Times in 834 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Lester View Post
....I will never tire of your Grandpa's trap gun...
Thanks Pete.... It just "fits me"? Much better when I first shot it back in '66 or so, I was 9 years old then, and hadn't filled out as much as Grandpa yet? I had a tough time even seeing the bird over those 34" Whitworths back then...?
Quote:
....Your DHE 20 is a sweet little gun (but my Parker GHE 12ga Skeet Gun said, "hey watch this little bro")....
Yep, you spanked my little gun pretty hard in Skeet - BUT - Sara let it be known who was "King and Queen" of the Skeet field? And, well - buddy - it isn't "us". When I want lessons in skeet - I'm calling her.... Just sayin'.....
Quote:
.....I also liked Mark Kingsbury's high condition Lefever 16ga G grade as well..
That is one sweet gun.... I wasn't a Lefever fan before today - but, well - I gotta say - I could be convinced... (Sara, bring those Raffle Tickets to Hausmans!!! )
Quote:
...Scott Kittredge shotshell distributor Inc.
. Yep, I used two of his shells to round out my 25 on the last round of Trap... Ummm - Scott - I love ya' buddy - but next time, could you put just a couple pellets into your reloads??
Quote:
.....If somebody didn't have a good time today it was their own fault. Thanks to all who came and Happy 2024, may it be a great year for everyone.
Actually - no Pete - thank you, Sara, Scott, Dan, Bob, Mark - well the list could gone on and on.... For a terrific wonderful start to 2024 after a particularly difficult year end to 2023.... Each and all of you put a smile on my face today. And that... Is more appreciated than you know...

My thanks.....

John D.
John Dunkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2024, 06:19 PM   #66
Sara LeFever
PGCA Member

Member Info

Quote:
Yep, you spanked my little gun pretty hard in Skeet - BUT - Sara let it be known who was "King and Queen" of the Skeet field? And, well - buddy - it isn't "us". When I want lessons in skeet - I'm calling her.... Just sayin'.....

That is one sweet gun.... I wasn't a Lefever fan before today - but, well - I gotta say - I could be convinced... (Sara, bring those Raffle Tickets to Hausmans!!! )
You are too kind! Just remember “save the skeets”! Lol

The raffle tickets will be at Hausmann’s. If anyone wants to purchase them now: $5 each, or 5 for $20

Mail checks to:
LACA
11971 Palomino Lane
Fort Myers, FL 33912

-OR-

PayPal: lefevercollectors@gmail.com
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sara LeFever For Your Post:
Unread 01-01-2024, 06:38 PM   #67
John D.
PGCA Lifer
Admin

Member Info

Thanked 4,225 Times in 834 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara LeFever View Post
....Just remember “save the skeets”! Lol.
I dunno why you are laughing? Heck - I saved a LOT of those little skeets today??? Those little birdies had to be saved - and I did my part? You? Not so much - as you CRUSHED them??!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara LeFever View Post
Mail checks to:
LACA
11971 Palomino Lane
Fort Myers, FL 33912

-OR-

PayPal: lefevercollectors@gmail.com
I'll commit right now to $100 in those tickets... I never won one of the Parker Raffle guns - so, my go to is now that Lefever... BTW - If I win it, one skeet lesson is on you, right? "Save the Skeet" will be our motto - and I expect to live up to that.....

Thank you so much for today, Sara.... I had a wonderful time...!

John D.
John Dunkle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to John Dunkle For Your Post:
Unread 01-01-2024, 06:42 PM   #68
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

Thanked 33,952 Times in 12,570 Posts

Dorothy and I sure missed shooting with you all and just being with you.
Hoping to see you all at Hausmann’s in a few months.

George King, "That's Ruff", 2010 - a timeless classic.
Dean Romig is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dean Romig For Your Post:
Unread 01-01-2024, 08:51 PM   #69
Sara LeFever
PGCA Member

Member Info

Quote:
I dunno why you are laughing? Heck - I saved a LOT of those little skeets today??? Those little birdies had to be saved - and I did my part? You? Not so much - as you CRUSHED them??!!!

I'll commit right now to $100 in those tickets... I never won one of the Parker Raffle guns - so, my go to is now that Lefever... BTW - If I win it, one skeet lesson is on you, right? "Save the Skeet" will be our motto - and I expect to live up to that.....
Yes, if you win the gun, I will give you a skeet lesson.

In preparation, you can watch this educational video:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3wT6Rj...ZXRzIHNhdmU%3D
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sara LeFever For Your Post:
Unread 01-01-2024, 08:52 PM   #70
Sara LeFever
PGCA Member

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Romig View Post
Dorothy and I sure missed shooting with you all and just being with you.
Hoping to see you all at Hausmann’s in a few months.
Dean - we missed you and Dorothy today. We are looking forward to Hausmann’s already.

Sara