Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

Unread 07-08-2012, 02:43 PM   #61
Autumn Daze
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 4,073 Times in 1,730 Posts

Looking forward to meeting you Brian.
Unread 07-10-2012, 07:34 PM   #62
Autumn Daze
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

For anyone that will be attending this event August 11th and having a desire to do a little shootin Wallingford Rod and Gun Club will be hosting a sporting clays shoot Aug.12th and it is open to the public. Larry and I have shot this 50 target course and it is fun as well as challenging. We could shoot a quick 50 targets before you head on your way home Sunday. Something to think about....
Unread 07-28-2012, 09:52 AM   #63
Autumn Daze
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Bringing this to the top with 2 weeks to go. First stop will be the Meriden East Cemetery at 10:30 AM Saturday August 11th for the unvieling.

The Meriden East cemetery is located on East Main St Meriden about 60 yards south of Parker Ave. Look for the wrought iron fence and two stone pillers. There is a sign for the cemetery located on the right fence that says in fact "Meriden East Cemetery" look down the drive and you will see the brownstone arch entrance.

Hopefully we will have a few other events planned for that day so plan on spending a bit of time with us.
Unread 07-28-2012, 10:51 AM   #64
10 bore
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 2,539 Times in 825 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Suponski View Post
Bringing this to the top with 2 weeks to go. First stop will be the Meriden East Cemetery at 10:30 AM Saturday August 11th for the unvieling.

The Meriden East cemetery is located on East Main St Meriden about 60 yards south of Parker Ave. Look for the wrought iron fence and two stone pillers. There is a sign for the cemetery located on the right fence that says in fact "Meriden East Cemetery" look down the drive and you will see the brownstone arch entrance.

Hopefully we will have a few other events planned for that day so plan on spending a bit of time with us.
i wish i could make it, but i will be hunting Mr. crow, but when you are there please tell the parkers for me, thanks for the fun their guns have given me over the years and the great parker friends i have shot with scott
scott kittredge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2012, 11:39 AM   #65
Double Play
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 2,770 Times in 635 Posts

I'm not sure why Dave didn't mention it and I hope it was not intended as a surprise but one the other events that day will be a trip to the Meriden Historical society. Dave, Deb, and I spent about an hour and a half their last night delivering and setting up a new PGCA display. We have a beautiful Oak and glass display case that was commissioned by Austin Hogan and several Parker guns from an early Parker/Snow muzzle loader, two Triplet and Scott rifles with one being a carbine, and a couple of interesting hammer guns. This combined with the guns and other items produced in the various Parker owned factories in the area should make for a very interesting time for those interested in the Charles Parker Company. I hope to see many of our members there.
Larry Frey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2012, 12:25 PM   #66
Autumn Daze
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Okay...The cats outta the bag now! But there are a couple other ideas We have in mind also.....Larry....Shhhh Should be a great day in Meriden(and surrounding towns...)
Unread 07-28-2012, 03:04 PM   #67
Bill Murphy
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 9,177 Times in 4,897 Posts

I almost wish you guys would get snowed out or something so I could attend. It is about a month too early for me to attend. I'm sure we will see photographic proof of the events.
Bill Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-30-2012, 05:11 PM   #68
Kevin McCormack
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 3,782 Times in 1,070 Posts

I for one certainly wish there had been more advance notice about this - those of us who made it up to the "Meriden Homecoming" event years ago saw and heard things that the uninitiated will never see, understand, or appreciate. Unfortunately I cannot attend due to prior commitment with wife's childhood friends - I would have loved to act as a "tour guide on the wall."
Kevin McCormack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-30-2012, 05:22 PM   #69
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

Thanked 33,940 Times in 12,567 Posts

Bill and Kevin, we will miss you two very knowledgable Parkerphiles. We do hope there's some way you can change your plans and be able to attend.
Dean Romig is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dean Romig For Your Post:
Unread 07-30-2012, 06:30 PM   #70
Autumn Daze
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Kevin and Bill, I am sorry that you will not be able to attend. We set the date as soon as I was sure the site was finished. I posted the date of the event on July 7th which was more than a month prior.