Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Non-Parker Specific & General Discussions General Discussions about Other Fine Doubles

Notices

Unread 12-14-2012, 02:18 PM   #61
ed good
On Vacation

Member Info

anybody lookin for a nice 1900? take a look at auctionarms item #11590178.
ed good is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2012, 02:40 PM   #62
Steve McCarty
Forum Associate

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by ed good View Post
mike: i started a new thread in the off topic section of this forum.

it is titled the mike and ed show. notice how i gave you top billing...

anyway, why dont we move it down there and stop trashing other peoples threads with off topic posts?

that way you can say the same thing over and over and i can respond again and again and we can have a wonderful time being redundant!

and steve, you can join us if you like, but with no billing for now...
I'm crushed....
Steve McCarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2012, 07:34 PM   #63
AmarilloMike
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie cleveland View Post
boys the new year is here...my new year solution is to hunt and shoot more than i did last year...lords willing im hoping all of us stay healthy and fit and give us a good year my best to all.... charlie
Quote:
charlie: may i suggest that you hunt less and shoot more. clay birds do not bleed.
http://parkerguns.org/forums/showthr...ighlight=bleed

Quote:
recently saw the nature channel program:

"the secret life of crows"

felt guilty and sad for the few crows ah killed when i was a young lad, dat new no better...

how olt are u?
http://parkerguns.org/forums/showpos...6&postcount=37

Would sure like ed to explain to us how someone with such gentle sensibilities can sell double guns. Seems to me like he would either quit selling double guns and join PETA or sell double guns and cease making public anti-hunting posts on double gun BBSs like this one. I guess only time will tell if ed makes peace with himself and joins PETA or sells out his conscience and continues to sell double guns to hunters, because it is pretty obvious he isn't going to answer to my question here.
Mike Shepherd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2012, 08:18 PM   #64
Big D
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 3,658 Times in 1,567 Posts

Ed's posted information says he lives in New Hampshire. Has anyone ever met Ed, or seen him at a shooting event? Can't be that far to get to one of the numerous New England shoots. Where you been Ed?
John Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-16-2012, 09:04 AM   #65
ed good
On Vacation

Member Info

big d: you sum kinda weirdo or watt?

just noticed something...what ever happened to " i before e, except after c"? is this an exception?
Unread 12-16-2012, 10:51 AM   #66
10 bore
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 2,533 Times in 823 Posts

Quote:
recently saw the nature channel program:

"the secret life of crows"

felt guilty and sad for the few crows ah killed when i was a young lad, dat new no better...

how olt are u?
WOW, this is sad, you don't like killing crows but you sold pete a VH 12 ga few years ago that he killed hundreds of crow with,sooo if you get money for selling crow killing tools thats ok. if you beleive in not killing crows, than why are you selling the tools to do it with? i am 52 "olt" now mybe when i get "older " i will see the light. i hope not i LOVE CROW HUNTING !! yes i do kill them too. killed 826 for 2012 season , next year i will try for a 1000 bird year. scott
Unread 12-16-2012, 11:38 AM   #67
ed good
On Vacation

Member Info

10 BORE: did you take a look at the crow killin videos on utube? if not, you really should.
Unread 12-17-2012, 08:09 AM   #68
AmarilloMike
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

But ed you are anti-hunting also:

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie cleveland View Post
boys the new year is here...my new year solution is to hunt and shoot more than i did last year...lords willing im hoping all of us stay healthy and fit and give us a good year my best to all.... charlie
Quote:
charlie: may i suggest that you hunt less and shoot more. clay birds do not bleed.
Do you have any anti-hunting videos on UTube you want us to watch?
Unread 12-17-2012, 08:48 AM   #69
J.B. Books
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 4,985 Times in 1,408 Posts

I think everyone who has been on this site for any period of time knows the at I enjoy crow hunting and find it a great way to get a lot of wing shooting on live game with Parker doubles.

I have strayed off the path, shot and sold a Fox Sterlingworth, a Baker, a Stevens an now have a couple of Remingtons that I enjoy.

There is a lot of history in the old doubles, some day perhaps I'll have an Ithaca or a Lefever. They are all interesting to me in their own way. Some are better than others.

The Remington 1900 is not a Parker, it is not as finely built, but it sure was a bargain and it sure shoots well for me and I like it. Owning and shooting a double such as the 1900 makes me realize and appreciate the care and quality that went into a Trojan, and it's easy to forget about the quality in a Trojan when it is contrasted against V's through A's on this site.

This site is good way to learn about Parkers, other doubles and even something about hunting (see hunting with Parker forum).

Hunting may not be about the kill but without the kill there is no hunt. None of us need to shoot an animal for subsistence. Eating what you shoot does not justify a kill. Many species are and have been killed because they are a predator and or a nuisance. Crows fall into both categories. They are prolific and they are managed with seasons and regulations. I enjoy shooting them, obviously you do not.

Ed, I have no idea what motivates you to make the posts that you do and in the manner that you do. You write in a manner as if you are illiterate but I am pretty sure you are not. An attempt at humor I guess but often it is using humor to mask an attack on another. I don't appreciate that and frankly I think you ruined a good thread on a "find" that I have enjoyed and shared with others.

I don't think anti-hunting sentiment has a place in the PGCA forums any more than anti-gun sentiment has here. To me it seems you enjoy stirring a pot, guess what so do I at times, but I know this is not the place for it.
Pete Lester is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pete Lester For Your Post:
Unread 12-17-2012, 08:59 AM   #70
AmarilloMike
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Pete I certainly agree with you. When I hunt pheasant, bobwhite, sharptails etc... with my Brittanys it is a bloodsport and about the hunt, not the food. The kill is an integral part of the hunt. I also field trial my dogs in the National Shoot To Retrieve Assocation. The picture to the left was taken at one of their field trials. This is a competition for bird dogs that includes the shooting and retrieving of pen raised birds. This is also bloodsport. I pass shoot pigeons. They also shoot birds for some AKC events as I have gunned for them.

But ed is trying to cut the sport shooting of crows out from the herd and I want him to take on the whole herd.

ed there is a thread over on the Doublegun BBS about the ethics of competition pigeon shooting. I think the audience for your anti-hunting anti-crow shooting arguments will certainly be larger there than here. Of course the probability of offending a prospective purchaser of your products will be larger too.

Best,

Mike