Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

Unread 02-23-2019, 04:21 PM   #51
mobirdhunter
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 9,993 Times in 3,178 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Larter View Post
circa 1886-1916 BHE 10ga 30" bernard #3 frame M/F, 8lbs 6oz, labs on each side with ducks in flight, bottom engraving duck in flight in relief. Stocked 1 5/8" x 2 3/4"x 14 to a skeleton butt plate plated nickel. Duck gun of course.
Craig, I sure hope we can get this finely appointed gun to you by the duck season. I saw a several sets of 10 gauge Bernard barrels in the warehouse. Actually, I collected all the Bernard barrels I found and put them aside for discriminating buyers.

Thanks for responding!
Garry L Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2019, 04:29 PM   #52
mobirdhunter
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Anderson View Post
Dear Sir please find my enclosed order for a Parker shotgun as follows. Grade AHE 28 ga on the 00 frame with two sets of Damascus barrels. The first set should be 26 inches choked CYL/IC the second set also Damascus will be 30 inches choked a tight modified and full. Straight grip stock of the finest Circassian walnut available to a skeleton butt. LOP is to be 14 3/4 DAH 2 1/2, Double triggers with the front trigger articulated and both to be checkered. Splinter forearm. Please find the enclosed photos of my hunting companions both past and present for the engraver. Gunner is to be on the right side pointing a grouse, Daisy on the left with a pheasant and Ilsa on the floor plate with a quail. Please rush as bird season will be here before we know it.

Sincerely,
C.O.B.
Dear Mr. C.O.B.,

On behalf of Parker Brothers I want to thank you for your order. Rest assured we will give your order our fullest attention and will work to have your gun completed in time for you to open your bird season. I have already personally placed the photographs that you sent in the hands of the head engraver. I must admit, neither he nor I had ever seen photographs in color before, but he assures me that the photos will serve his work well. Because we anticipated a larger than average number of high grade gun orders, we have already begun basic work for a variety of gauges and configurations. This should allow us to fill your order in a timely fashion.

Again, thank your for your order. We will keep you informed of its progress.

Sincerely,

Garry L. Gordon (on behalf of Parker Bros.)
Unread 02-23-2019, 05:31 PM   #53
Bindlestiff
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 2,925 Times in 870 Posts

Dear Sir please find my enclosed order for a Parker shotgun as follows. Grade AAE 16 gauge on the 0 frame, double gold triggers, engraved hammers. Whitworth 28 inches choked IC/mod with double ivory beads and 2.5 inch wedge, deep chisel engraving and a small 1/8 inch ring engraved at muzzle end. Pistol grip stock of the finest Circassian walnut available to a skeleton butt with standard checkering in AA pattern in 32 LPI with LOP at 14 1/4 and DAH 2 1/2. Gold pistol grip cap engraved RWVL 1947 - 20. Splinter forearm with ejectors and full 32 LPI checkering and the inside iron engine turned. Shallow engraved skeleton butt and deep chisel scroll and flower engraving on the frame with engine turnings on frame and barrel flats. Both the trigger bow and barrel lever are pierced and engraved.

Sincerely,
Robin
Robin Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Robin Lewis For Your Post:
Unread 02-23-2019, 05:46 PM   #54
6pt-Sika
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 7,805 Times in 3,503 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Larter View Post
circa 1886-1916 BHE 10ga 30" bernard #3 frame M/F, 8lbs 6oz, labs on each side with ducks in flight, bottom engraving duck in flight in relief. Stocked 1 5/8" x 2 3/4"x 14 to a skeleton butt plate plated nickel. Duck gun of course.
I could be quite satisfied with that as well as long as it’s fluid steel barrels with 3 1/2” chambers
CraigThompson is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CraigThompson For Your Post:
Unread 02-23-2019, 06:15 PM   #55
Bill Murphy
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 8,990 Times in 4,809 Posts

More than just a couple of us have forgotten that multi barrel sets are not allowed. In the spirit of simplicity, we should stick with the one barrel set rule. Anyone can throw a hammer into the thread by ordering a nine barrel set.
Bill Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bill Murphy For Your Post:
Unread 02-23-2019, 08:23 PM   #56
mobirdhunter
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Lewis View Post
Dear Sir please find my enclosed order for a Parker shotgun as follows. Grade AAE 16 gauge on the 0 frame, double gold triggers, engraved hammers. Whitworth 28 inches choked IC/mod with double ivory beads and 2.5 inch wedge, deep chisel engraving and a small 1/8 inch ring engraved at muzzle end. Pistol grip stock of the finest Circassian walnut available to a skeleton butt with standard checkering in AA pattern in 32 LPI with LOP at 14 1/4 and DAH 2 1/2. Gold pistol grip cap engraved RWVL 1947 - 20. Splinter forearm with ejectors and full 32 LPI checkering and the inside iron engine turned. Shallow engraved skeleton butt and deep chisel scroll and flower engraving on the frame with engine turnings on frame and barrel flats. Both the trigger bow and barrel lever are pierced and engraved.

Sincerely,
Robin
Dear Sir:

Your order has been received and has been put on "rush" status. I have personally selected a blank for the stock that will accept well the 32 LPI checking you desire. I'm confident you will be pleased. We look forward to delivering your gun as per your order.

Thank you again,

Sincerely,

Garry L Gordon (on behalf of Parker Bros.)
Unread 02-23-2019, 08:26 PM   #57
mobirdhunter
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Murphy View Post
More than just a couple of us have forgotten that multi barrel sets are not allowed. In the spirit of simplicity, we should stick with the one barrel set rule. Anyone can throw a hammer into the thread by ordering a nine barrel set.
Whew! I was hoping someone would remember this was a one gun, one barrel set question. I'm going to have a dickens of a time sorting the results. Thanks, Bill, for the reminder.
Unread 02-23-2019, 08:29 PM   #58
mobirdhunter
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigThompson View Post
I could be quite satisfied with that as well as long as it’s fluid steel barrels with 3 1/2” chambers
Shall I consider this a substitute order?
The Following User Says Thank You to Garry L Gordon For Your Post:
Unread 02-24-2019, 12:49 PM   #59
C.O.B.
Forum Associate

Member Info

Thanked 6,324 Times in 2,083 Posts

Mr. Gordon,
I have received news from the order department that only one set of barrels may be requested. While this news is disturbing please complete my order with the 26 inch barrels as originally requested.

In regards to the color photographs I have been working with the Eastman Kodak company on color photographs and while these might not be real clear we are getting better every day.

Thank you for the prompt response regarding my order even though it can't be completed as requested. Perhaps I will have sufficient funds to order a lower grade gun with the 30 inch barrels. We all know two guns are better than one.

Sincerely,
C.O.B.
Unread 02-24-2019, 06:43 PM   #60
mobirdhunter
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Anderson View Post
Mr. Gordon,
I have received news from the order department that only one set of barrels may be requested. While this news is disturbing please complete my order with the 26 inch barrels as originally requested.

In regards to the color photographs I have been working with the Eastman Kodak company on color photographs and while these might not be real clear we are getting better every day.

Thank you for the prompt response regarding my order even though it can't be completed as requested. Perhaps I will have sufficient funds to order a lower grade gun with the 30 inch barrels. We all know two guns are better than one.

Sincerely,
C.O.B.
Dear Mr. C.O.B.:

On behalf of the Order Dept., and most assuredly myself, I apologize for the confusion with your order. The 26 inch barrels are already being struck, and the work on your gun is underway. Your excellent colored photographs have received high praise from everyone in our engraving department and I have personally examined the preliminary engraving work — I am confident you will be pleased.

Please, again, accept my apologies for the confusion with your original order. Should you decide to place an additional order, we pledge to give it our utmost attention.

Faithfully,

Garry L. Gordon (On behalf of Parker Bros.)