Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums Hunting with Parkers

Notices

Maybe Tomorrow
Unread 04-10-2013, 07:13 PM   #51
Twice Shooter
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Default Maybe Tomorrow

Hang in there Charlie. Tomorrow might be the day for the big one. Tom
Tom Carter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2013, 08:42 PM   #52
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

Thanked 33,602 Times in 12,460 Posts

Do you ever get out at night and "roost them" with an owl call to find out where to set up in the morning before they fly down?
Dean Romig is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2013, 11:14 PM   #53
charlie cleveland
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 7,799 Times in 3,968 Posts

dean ive never tried this thanks for the info..i have stayed till dark listening for them to fly up and then come back in the morning hoping one of them is a gobbler... yep sooner or later me and mr tom are gonna get to gether hopefully.. charlie
charlie cleveland is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2013, 05:50 PM   #54
charlie cleveland
PGCA Member

Member Info

did not go hunting today...its raining and winds been blowing pretty good...we had storm warnings out so i just stayed in the house and looked at guns and ammo on the sale sites..good luck to you other hunters... charlie
Unread 04-11-2013, 05:57 PM   #55
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

Thanked 33,602 Times in 12,460 Posts

From what I see on the weather reports you had better get thee and thine into the storm cellar.
Dean Romig is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2013, 10:12 PM   #56
charlie cleveland
PGCA Member

Member Info

rose up early and was in the woods before daylight..lordy it was foggy this morning as daylight broke what i thought was 2 crows fighting turned out to be a coupla crows ganging up on a owl..that owl was trying to get away but them crows was giving him a bad time..he flew and landed rite aboive my truck them crows were rite behind him one of the crows seen me and turned back but that other crow didnot pay me or the truck any mind..that owl was really flustered up that crow was really walking that limb back and forth he went..the owl finally could not stand the racket and grief that crow was giveing him so he flew with the crow allover him pecking his head body slaming him in flight this was one mean crow.... well nothing else was heard or seen so i moved locations as i got my gear out of the truck i noticed a turkey track in the sand it was fresh no more than a hour old it had rained hard all night so i know it was fresh...went in the direction of track across a field and set up done a little calling..bird never showed...went to house about 9.00 had breakfast then went back this evening at 2.30 set up the decoys in a field.was not long here came a coupla dogs running a deer i seen it but could not tell what it was.any way i stayed hoping for the best but the dogs musta run the turkeys off i never seen any...gonna go to a car show tommorrow so will take the day off.... charlie
The Following User Says Thank You to charlie cleveland For Your Post:
Unread 04-13-2013, 09:53 AM   #57
Paul P.
Forum Associate

Member Info

Charlie, enjoy the car show.
It makes you wonder why the owl doesn't just take thw crow out, he has the means to if he so choses, doesn't he. Hawks feed on doves and the like. It's funny the way nature works.
Unread 04-15-2013, 10:21 PM   #58
charlie cleveland
PGCA Member

Member Info

was setting in my little chair i take with me to the woods before it turned daylight...i listened till 6.30 and not a gobble did i hear...i d went to where i had heard a gobbler last week but he musta took the lockjaw...i got my call out and made a series of yelps was not a secound till a hen was answering...she was very vocal she came in pretty fast till she got to a little creek she had to cross to get to me...but she hung up at the creek would not cross...seen a deer and 3 rabbits things are picking up i did not hunt this evening had to bushhog the yard.... charlie
Unread 04-22-2013, 09:21 AM   #59
charlie cleveland
PGCA Member

Member Info

went this morning...was in the woodsjust about break of day... i sat and listened by the truck for half an hour only heard one fly down...decided i would make a stand and do a little calling it was a perfect place overlooking a little wet bottom i just knew there would be a turkey come up any secound but it did not happen..decided to change locations went to truck and drove to a large field as i drove by there were 3 large birds feeding in the field..i thought i would try a sneaking approch on them but changed my mind..decided to wait till tommorrow morning to go after them.... charlie
Unread 04-23-2013, 08:34 PM   #60
charlie cleveland
PGCA Member

Member Info

got up at 4.30 this morning swallowed a peanut butter sandwich and was off the woods...i parked my truck about aquarter of a mile from wgere i had seen the 3 big turkeys at yesterday morning...boy i was feelin good about the hunt..well i sat in the blind till way up in the morning and did not see or hear a thing...thats the way it goes...went again this afternoon behind my daughters house she had heard a gobbler a gobbling yesterday morning..i thought i mite lure him in i made my setup on a old logging road and put the decoys out...as i was chooseing me a blind i found were a turkey had really destroyed a fire ant mound then it had dusted its self off....i stayed till 7.00 but no turkey seen...but am going back there in the morning. hope he gobbles... charlie