Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

Unread 05-16-2013, 12:16 AM   #51
Chris Davis
Forum Associate

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Conrad View Post
Chris, I have additional information on this gun that I found in a repair. I can post it here or in a PM if you desire. I do not see this repair in your research letter.

Mark
Mark - I believe this might be the longest delay in responding to a post in the history of the forum. I would love to hear about the repair. Posting the information here is fine. I can't believe I missed this. thanks, Chris
Chris Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2013, 06:59 AM   #52
Mark Conrad
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

Chris, I passed the records off to Chuck Bishop last year. He may see this post or you can PM him. Mark
Mark Conrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2013, 08:22 AM   #53
Bill Murphy
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 8,990 Times in 4,809 Posts

I would contact Chuck indicating that you would like an updated letter. There should be no problem. I guess it's my turn to post about my date reference for the opening of the Dupont Shooting School. Hang on just a little longer, Chris.
Bill Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2013, 10:35 PM   #54
Chris Davis
Forum Associate

Member Info

Mark, Bill, thanks for the response and for pointing me in the right direction. Chris
Chris Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
F. B. Potts No. 717 is stamped on one of my guns also.
Unread 07-22-2013, 02:44 PM   #55
Kyle E. McKain
Forum Associate

Member Info

Default F. B. Potts No. 717 is stamped on one of my guns also.

Hello Chris Davis, I purchased a very unique 22 single shot breakover on December 13th, 2008 from an individual at a gun show in Tyler, Texas. The gun has no manufacturers information on it only the stamping " F. B. Pptts No.717 with three small stars above the F.B. Potts and a serial number 13278 under the trigger guard which I don't believe is original to the gun. I came accross your posting while trying to research more information about this gun. I have found some interesting things about our stampings (1) The United Mine Workers of America Local Number 717 represents the employees of Remington Arms in Ilion, N.Y. and has for many years. (2) The individual I purchased the gun from claims it belonged to his father who had bought it from in Oklahoma many years ago. (3) The Potts family has several members who were involved in shot gunning sports, an article in the New York Times dated Feb. 13,1901 mentioned a Frederick A. Potts competing in a trap shoot at Lakewood Trap Club in Lakewood, New Jersey. My 22 appears to be old and is in excellent condition, it has a beaver tail forearm and a beautiful walnut stock with hand checkering including the butt plate area. The checkering closely resembles some of the checkering patterns I've seen on Parker's. My gun has a Bull barrel 21 7/8" long x 3/4" diameter with eight stars stamped on the muzzle end. I am beginning to believe that perhaps F. B. Potts may have been a gunsmith or owner of our guns at one time. If you or anyone out there can help with more info please contact me here or by e-mail. kyleemckain@embarqmail.com. Thanks!
Kyle E. McKain is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2013, 05:28 PM   #56
Bill Murphy
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 8,990 Times in 4,809 Posts

Kyle, it sounds like our guy. Maybe someone will add some information.
Bill Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2013, 09:57 PM   #57
Andrew Bulla
Forum Associate

Member Info

Chris - If you decide that you would like to sell please let me know. Andrew
Andrew Bulla is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2015, 11:09 AM   #58
King Cobb
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 1,521 Times in 405 Posts

Realize this is an old thread, but remembered the subject of the million dollar pier-there is a very nice article on the shooting school and an Ithaca I believe that was sent there in the curgent DGJ. The school only allowed 20 gauges to be used.
Unread 11-07-2015, 07:09 PM   #59
B. Dudley
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 17,899 Times in 4,667 Posts

This is the gun that was auctioned off earlier in the year at Julias. It had a non-original btfe on it. I just happened to habe the original serial number matching forend wood and tip for it. After the sale to the new owner,i had the opportunity to reunite the lost forend with the gun.
Unread 11-07-2015, 08:51 PM   #60
Phil C
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 6,034 Times in 1,457 Posts

Brian it sounds like this would be a great addition to an article if one was done on this gun.
My wife's mothers Madain name was Potts. She was born in Oxford NJ in 1923 probably no relation but interesting just the same.

Here is an interesting DuPont Parker. Looks like it spent some time at the DuPont Wilmington gun club. It appears the VP at DuPont ordered for the President at the time. Like many of These old Parkers, sure wish I new more about the history of this gun.

Phillip Carr is offline   Reply With Quote