Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

Unread 10-03-2013, 03:43 PM   #41
Mills
PGCA Lifetime Member
Since 3rd Grade

Member Info

Thanked 12,436 Times in 4,454 Posts

These are all some great suggestions. I like the idea of PGCA having a smaller presence at other venues as well. The Brays Island show in SC, for example. Julia and I would be willing to volunteer for at least that Saturday if there is interest.
Mills Morrison is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mills Morrison For Your Post:
Unread 10-05-2013, 06:16 PM   #42
John Gardner
Forum Associate

Member Info

Gentlemen,
I have read through all the previous posts and, as a new member that has not yet attended a PGCA AGM and thus a person who some of the above ideas are directed towards, my comments:

1) Be relaxed.

I have been very impressed with the quality of the discussions, advice, and genuine support that is demonstrated across this entire forum. That is what first attracted me to become a member and subsequently gave me the confidence to make purchases from the membership. - Every single interaction, whether I ended up buying or not, has been a positive experience. I truly look forward to eventual meeting each member I interacted with over the forum.

2) Be relaxed.
ALL AGM's, shooting events, and gun shows go through a natural cycle of up and downs. Good points were made about where/when to hold the AGM whether in conjunction with shows, shoots, different regions etc. Personally I deeply regret not being able to attend this year. I wanted to, yes it was a little far for me to go and logistically not as easy as a simple fly in - out or a same day drive. But I intended to go any way and I will plan better next year in hopes of attending.

3) Be relaxed.
This club seems to me, as a new member, that the Board and the membership in general are very engaged in this club. If you hold it next year with the Vintager's Shoot, I plan to attend. If you hold it at a major collector show, I plan to attend. If you hold it in the North, South, East, West - sounds good, I plan to attend.

I am not suggesting that certain locales may or may not allow more people to attend but the reason their attending is mainly to meet the other members and get a chance to see and discuss Parker's and associated items of interest.

In short I plan to attend because I want to get to meet the people that I share an interest with and respect. The rest, for me, is window dressing.

I suspect I am not alone with that thought.

Congratulations to the Board and the dedicated members that have made this such a good association.

Cheers JG
John Gardner is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to John Gardner For Your Post: