Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Non-Parker Specific & General Discussions General Discussions about Other Fine Doubles

Notices

Unread 05-17-2016, 06:06 AM   #31
Craig Larter
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 10,613 Times in 1,679 Posts

Harold I would love to see your foxes. Sounds like another late afternoon parking lot gun show at Hausmann's.
Craig Larter is offline   Reply With Quote
double post sorry my bad.
Unread 05-17-2016, 06:08 AM   #32
Craig Larter
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 10,613 Times in 1,679 Posts

Default double post sorry my bad.

Harold I would love to see your foxes. Sounds like another late afternoon gun show shaping up at Hausmann's. Craig
Craig Larter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2016, 08:19 AM   #33
Cold Spring
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 6,406 Times in 1,245 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Murphy View Post
........... Do you want to hear about a worse situation? How about an officer in a collector's organization that refuses to sell a "factory letter" on a gun that is an active sale gun on the internet, and then buys the gun out from under the fellow that is requesting the letter? This person refused to deliver an email letter, excusing this refusal, saying that this delivery of an email violates a procedure that had been changed that day. This happened on AHFCA, but it also happens all over the internet.
For those interested here are the FACTS.

1) The procedure for "letters" (actually card copies) was changed starting on January 1, 2010, and the gun in question came up on an internet auction site in late February 2010. That was eight weeks after the procedure change, not "that day". In fact the sticky citing that change is still on the Fox Member Forum and it's dated December 31, 2009. Easily checked if someone had the initiative to do so.

2) The "Officer" cited in the quote did not buy the gun, that is also incorrect. He was doing his role exactly as per the procedure that was communicated 8 weeks earlier. He did not "refuse to sell". He declined to post the card which would have been contrary to that procedure. In fact a copy of the card was emailed to the requestor on March 5 and he acknowledged receipt of same on that date. Furthermore anyone who requested the card copy (jpg image) could have posted it himself, same as posting a jpg such as a picture to share. Again, some initiative required.

3) Actually it was I who bought the gun when the auction ended on March 7 and I paid $4711. for it as the final bid of some 25 bids from many other Fox Collector Association enthusiasts including a distinguished collector and dealer, and that was after the gun was freely and openly discussed on the Fox Forum. My check was dated March 8 and I logged the gun into my C&R Bound book when received on March 15. I certainly didn't buy the gun from under the nose of anyone who was following that thread and/or had requested a letter (emailed card copy) as per the procedure that had been posted some eight weeks earlier.

4) I used the gun for one season of upland, didn't like it, and sold it for a top bid of $5000. the following year. Since then I've seen it offered on the internet three times. The last time, about 1 month ago, it was "on sale" at just a little over that figure. I mention this to demonstrate that the gun was bought at top market value in 2010 and is still at about what the market will pay.

To quote Sgt. Joe Friday, "just the facts, Ma'am".

Frank Srebro

Last edited by Frank Srebro; 05-17-2016 at 12:15 PM.. Reason: Added specific dates to show the progression of events
Frank Srebro is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Frank Srebro For Your Post:
Unread 05-17-2016, 12:17 PM   #34
Bill Murphy
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 8,962 Times in 4,800 Posts

Frank, thanks for coming out on this "happening". I'm sorry that I was not aware of the change in policy for AHFCA card forwarding, which had always been a nearly immediate forward of the card by email when paid. I have not read the "sticky" that you refer to as of today. I am also sorry I didn't see the refusal to forward the card as a matter of policy, which, I assume it now is. I also didn't regard the refusal as a coincidence in timing, the first time I had been refused. My apology is here, and I will pay closer attention to policy in the future.
Bill Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote