Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

Unread 09-08-2022, 11:31 AM   #31
Bob Jurewicz
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 2,058 Times in 579 Posts

https://www.ups.com/us/en/support/sh.../firearms.page
Here is the full UPS Gun Shipping Policy.

Bob Jurewicz
Bob Jurewicz is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bob Jurewicz For Your Post:
Unread 09-08-2022, 02:49 PM   #32
6pt-Sika
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 7,667 Times in 3,453 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Allen View Post
I tried to ship a gun yesterday through the post office. It was going to an ffl but he would not send a copy of his license. The post office would not accept the gun unless they saw a copy of the receiving ffl. Just more bureaucratic nonsense.
I run into the dealer I’m sending to not wanting to send their FFL with their funds from time to time . I’ve had several that wanted to see ours before they’d show me theirs . I tell them you’ll recieve a copy of ours in the box with the gun and you won’t recieve the gun if you don’t email me theirs or send a paper copy with their funds . 99% of the time they comply after I say that . Some dealers without a doubt have become super anal about sending their license .
Unread 09-10-2022, 07:52 AM   #33
Hammer Gun
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 7,683 Times in 1,644 Posts

Every day something new to put a thumb on us so to speak, It seems as though our elected officials just turn a blind eye to all that is happening in this country. This is America not a third world country! Gary
Gary Carmichael Sr is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gary Carmichael Sr For Your Post:
Unread 09-14-2022, 11:53 PM   #34
ArtS
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,114 Times in 427 Posts

Just ran into another related issue on Monday. I recieved a Martini Cadet from a Texas dealer who transferred to my C&R. I purchased the gun on GunBroker. Delivered by FedEx. He of course shipped with Signature Required. When I was getting ready to sign the scanner, he told me he needed to scan my Driver's License. I was taken aback, having never been asked this before. I asked him why and he said they had to scan the license before he could accept the signature. I asked him why and was told they were required to for "certain items". I asked which items and was told he was simply told which packages needed scans. I ask him how he knew what was in the package and he claimed he didn't, just that the system required him to scan.

This is reaching an insane level of intrusion. Many people in our (and other) states don't have the new secure licenses. However, in this day and age of data theft, I am required to allow a shipping company to scan a government ID that is tied to all sorts of sensitive information.This is within a state that specifically regulated access to the fact I even owned a gun and had a permit to carry it. They will not allow that information to be released to anyone except a law enforcement officer in the persuit of his job. Fedex now has a digital record of the fact I own a gun, where I got it, the insured value, my address and any and all other information that can be obtained via a data hack.

I guess this is something we must learn to accept. It will be worth it to catch all the killers, rapists and terrorists who are buying their expensive 150 year old antique black powder single shot hammer guns for use in heinous crimes.

The whole ghost gun issue is ridiculous. They are entirely legal and allowed for under the gun control act. The totality of the law introduced a flaw at the point of loss of ownership. Regardless, the legally built personal guns have nothing to do with the problem of cartels obtaining the castings and manufacturing assault rifles by the truckload. The government is naive (once again) if they think the billion dollar cartels can't build a cheap casting shop (likely with no air pollution controls!!) in Mexico and in a few days make a years supply of castings for their shop, or simply force a CNC shop owner to make them 10,000 actions. I buy championship quality recievers from a shop on a farm in the woods 30 miles from my house. If they can do it, so can a Mexican cartel.
Arthur Shaffer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Arthur Shaffer For Your Post:
Unread 09-16-2022, 12:30 PM   #35
John Allen
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 1,614 Times in 345 Posts

I just had an interesting experience this morning. I took a Marlin rifle that I sold on GI to the Belle Meade post office in Nashville to ship to the FFL who bought it. The attendant on duty refused to take the gun. He said it was illegal for me to ship it. I showed him the copy of the ffl and quoted the law to him,but he would not take it. Rather than fight with an idiot,I took it to another post office who took it with no problem. Very frustrating!
John Allen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2022, 12:36 PM   #36
Mills
PGCA Lifetime Member
Since 3rd Grade

Member Info

Thanked 12,364 Times in 4,429 Posts

There is the actual law and then the law imagined by people at the post office, UPS, etc. Arguing with them is futile
Unread 09-16-2022, 01:06 PM   #37
Larry the Gun Guy
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,585 Times in 389 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Allen View Post
I just had an interesting experience this morning. I took a Marlin rifle that I sold on GI to the Belle Meade post office in Nashville to ship to the FFL who bought it. The attendant on duty refused to take the gun. He said it was illegal for me to ship it. I showed him the copy of the ffl and quoted the law to him,but he would not take it. Rather than fight with an idiot,I took it to another post office who took it with no problem. Very frustrating!
When that happens to me, I typically ask to speak with their supervisor. They usually roll over or the supervisor comes out and straightens it out. The amount of incompetency in the world today is startling. But this is what happens when we lower our education standards to the dumbest person in the room so everybody can "FEEL" good about themselves.
Larry Stauch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Larry Stauch For Your Post:
Unread 09-17-2022, 12:58 PM   #38
tom tutwiler
Forum Associate

Member Info

Every time I've sold and shipped that gun, I've had to have the receivers FFL in my hand prior to shipping said gun. It's send to my email account digitally. I download a copy for my records. PS. I don't have an FFL. In a few cases the receiving dealer has requested it come from an FFL and if he does I tell the buyer he is paying for that additional service. It normally works out. PS. I used to ship via UPS but it was a PIA and so I ship USPS only. I've never been asked what was in the box other then declaring that it wasn't and explosive, liquid etc etc. Guess I will find out soon as I'll be shipping a gun to my stock guy in the next few weeks.
tom tutwiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2022, 05:28 PM   #39
John Allen
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 1,614 Times in 345 Posts

I have been told by the postal folks that if the gun is not declared as a gun when it is turned over to them the insurance will not pay if it is lost or damaged. I always tell them what it is when I hand it over. All guns go priority mail which requires a signature on delivery. It costs more,but covers you if something goes wrong.
John Allen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to John Allen For Your Post:
Unread 09-17-2022, 07:09 PM   #40
Buddy Marson
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Assuming the stock guy doesn't have an FFL please let us know how this transaction works out for you.
Thanks!
Buddy Marson is offline   Reply With Quote