Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Non-Parker Specific & General Discussions General Discussions about Other Fine Doubles

Notices

Unread 05-31-2024, 08:27 PM   #31
6pt-Sika
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 7,800 Times in 3,501 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Srebro View Post
And how many of them were used to set Olympic clays shooting records?
Dunno about the Olympic events . But I DO know you see more than a couple at pigeon ring events . Heck I know a 90 year old lady that shoots a Fabbri she used it if memory serves twice to win the Kings Cup ladies division in Madrid .
Unread 05-31-2024, 09:39 PM   #32
Double Lab
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 6,483 Times in 2,504 Posts

Keep in mind that Ivo Fabbri and Daniele Perazzi worked together in the beginning but parted ways because Perazzi wanted to make competition guns and Fabbri wanted to make the finest quality guns. Both accomplished their goals.
Unread 05-31-2024, 10:51 PM   #33
6pt-Sika
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 7,800 Times in 3,501 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl Corona View Post
Keep in mind that Ivo Fabbri and Daniele Perazzi worked together in the beginning but parted ways because Perazzi wanted to make competition guns and Fabbri wanted to make the finest quality guns. Both accomplished their goals.
As a matter of fact Fabbri also made/makes sports/race cars .
Unread 06-02-2024, 11:30 AM   #34
todd allen
Forum Associate

Member Info

Thanked 3,323 Times in 1,147 Posts

Now that Perazzi has been acquired by Czech CSG Group, will we see some high end AK 47s on the field?
;-)
todd allen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2024, 01:56 PM   #35
Andy
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 2,555 Times in 1,005 Posts

I shot with Giacomo yesterday at Binghamton and he was like a son to Danielle. He told me that they will not alter their course and the quality will be the same if not better. They lost a lot of named shooters to beretta but will mostly likely use the Czech groups money to start signing more names for NSCA etc and do more marketing. Apparently they don’t want to be beretta also making plastic guns but maintain the brand. We’ll see.
Unread 06-02-2024, 04:42 PM   #36
todd allen
Forum Associate

Member Info

Thanked 3,323 Times in 1,147 Posts

I was at a big trap shoot a few years back at the old Las Vegas Gun Club, and Giacomo and Lucio were both working out of the same booth.
They offered to give my SC-3 a quick tune-up, and I actually had both of the Perazzi Masters working on my gun at the same time. Stupid me, I didn't get a picture.
todd allen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to todd allen For Your Post:
Unread 06-03-2024, 06:57 AM   #37
Alfred Houde
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Years ago, a Marine Corps Captain contacted me about excess firearms he had slated for destruction. He wanted to know if the museum might be interested in any. My then assistant and I drove over to Weapons Training Battalion to see what they had.

In a rack were two over and under shotguns. I asked about them and the Captain confirmed that they were slated for destruction. One was a Krieghoff K-32 and the other a Perazzi. We took those two along with a couple of military small arms that filled gaps in the museum collection. Both shotguns had been used by the Marine Corps Shooting Team. I learned later that one, I believe the Krieghoff had been used in Olympic competition.

I never could find out much about the Perazzi before I retired, but Krieghoff sent me the whole history of that gun to include the original USMC sales order. I placed all of the information into the artifact record file.

They now reside in the collection of the National Museum of the Marine Corps. They will never be fired again, and will probably never be placed on display, but at least they were not cut-up and disposed of.
Alfred Houde is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Alfred Houde For Your Post:
Unread 06-03-2024, 07:37 AM   #38
Cold Spring
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 6,418 Times in 1,250 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigThompson View Post
...... Heck I know a 90 year old lady that shoots a Fabbri she used it if memory serves twice to win the Kings Cup ladies division in Madrid .
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigThompson View Post
As a matter of fact Fabbri also made/makes sports/race cars .
One model of the Hudson Hornet was made for stock-car races and it won a few of them back in the day. Just one of many sports/race cars that had their brief moment in the sun. The great ones are talked about today as examples of benchmark design and engineering, the lesser ones not so much.
Frank Srebro is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Frank Srebro For Your Post:
Unread 06-04-2024, 07:28 PM   #39
MaggieMollie
PGCA Member

Member Info

I had a Perazzi MX3 Tula choked skeet gun with Kolar tubes back in the mid 80's. Loved the gun. Had issues with non firing (drop trigger non selective top barrel leaf springs) and sent it to Giacamo in Rome, NY (I think he was part of Perazzi). Got the gun back, same issue. Sent back, got back, same issue.

Sent a fax to Perazzi Italy expressing dissatisfaction and received a personal reply from Danielle saying, "send the gun back I will personally see to it that it gets fixed."

Gun came back fixed with upgraded super high end grade wood all fitted to prior measurements at no charge.

Never had an issue after.

Sold it late 80's. Regretted.

Bought an identical replacement a year ago with old Briley tubes that were just upgraded by Briley.

The P gun just fits like a glove. Shot CG, Fabarm, Beretta, and K80 and while all nice, not the same "point and shoot" as a P gun. Only gun that comes close is a Blaser F3. I shot one of those once and that was a nice gun. Really nice.
RonKiska is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RonKiska For Your Post: