Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

Unread 11-24-2010, 05:22 PM   #21
Aristeidis Tsesmelis
Forum Associate

Member Info

I tryed to post some pictures of the weapon maybe this will help u

2)This is the Parker site by site with the unknown Acier Krupp

3)Here u can se on the one site 3 72485 D MAR 16 1875 (must be the original date of construction )

Also on the other site i found some more dates.....PAT'D JAN 18 AUG 1887
MAY 7 OCT 1889 (not sure about the 87 and 89 part cant se them very well but that must be the numbers)

4)Here u can se the top of the barrels PARKER BROTHERSMAKERS MERIDEN CONN PARKER SPECIAL STEEL
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (505.6 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg 3.jpg (490.5 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg 7.jpg (503.1 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg 6.jpg (497.8 KB, 4 views)
Aristeidis Tsesmelis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-24-2010, 05:24 PM   #22
Aristeidis Tsesmelis
Forum Associate

Member Info

Last picture is tha base of the Barrels with the Number 85 last part of the 72485 serial number...maybe the number 85 was forget later after the barrel replacment
Unread 11-24-2010, 05:32 PM   #23
Aristeidis Tsesmelis
Forum Associate

Member Info

This are some more random pictures of the weapon
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 10.jpg (490.2 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg 5.jpg (492.9 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg 9.jpg (495.4 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg 12.jpg (490.5 KB, 4 views)
Stahl - ist Duetch worden fur Steel
Unread 11-27-2010, 04:47 PM   #24
Old and Reliable
PGCA Member

Member Info

Default Stahl - ist Duetch worden fur Steel

Krupp or Krupp Flusstahl-- meaning fluid compressed steel- Acier is a French word meaning an alloyed fluid steel, possibly similar to NiCrMb AISI 4130 and 4140 used by Winchester and others for receivers here in the USA.

Welcome to the Parker gruppen. My oldest daughter is married to a Greek citizen from Athens, surname is Marinos. His late grandfather was a neuro surgeon in your Country, and his late father owned a chain of camera stores in Athens- Lynn and Alex met at the 2004 Summer Olympics, they were married here in 2005, and in October of that year had my first of now three granddaughters, Sophia Anastasia.

Unfortunately her husband didn't comply with all the INS rules and regulations and lost his temporary Visa to remain here- now a matter for the courts and lawyers I suppose-

I was also an Armorer (2112) in our Military Service years ago- believe in WW11 Greece used one of the many fine German Mauser BA rifles, possibly also the equally fine Mannlicher-Schoenaur Bolt rifles as well.

Curious as to how a German Offizier (Wehrmacht, SS, Kriegsmarine or LuftWaffe??) came upon a Parker and apparently had use of it in your Country until 1944. I have a 12 gauge GHE that was originally made with 30" Damascus barrels and w/o ejectors in about 1898- it is on the No. 2 frame. It was at some later time converted (possibly by a non-Parker employee, but highly skilled gunsmith) to an ejector gun, and now has a pair of Vulcan Steel 28" barrels- It is about my favorite shotgun for pheasants.

You have to either open the breech or do same and remove the barrels to determine if your Parker has ejectors- the other gents here are right, the ejector trip rods project from the front of the receiver and bear against mating parts in the forearm iron when the gun is closed and in battery.

Welcome to the PGCA, I for one am glad to us becoming more "International" in scope and membership. Some of the numbers you may be reading on the frame (water table flats) may well be patent date numbers, same as on the forearm iron. Always something new to learn, and as you may have guessed, all the fotos with such details you can provide will assist us in helping you identify your gun.

If you care to later post details of the 16 bore double with the Krupp barrels, I have two friends active in the German Gun Collectors that can possibly assist in identification of that BockFlinte for you. One is also "Eine Hauptbuchenmacher"!!
Francis Morin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2010, 05:04 PM   #25
Aristeidis Tsesmelis
Forum Associate

Member Info

Dear friend

First of all i have to thank all members of PGCA for the wonderfull help on the subject
of my grandfathers weapon !I did never thought i could learn so much from u all !

I also hoppe u manage to visit greece hahah !

About the gun itself i saw that there is no ejector on it ,also the photos i have posted are not very clean because i took them with my cell phone camera....

The main mystery right know is why they did change the barrel and if it was changed at the Parker Bro factory itself ...

About the guns history i have to admit that not much is know,it apears that the german officer was a hunter so maybe he used the gun fro his hobby...my island , Samos is a extremly nice hunting ground and the german army was hear for more than a year after the italians left...

Now about the acier krupp i will try to make some photos about it soon and write down all the frame numbers i can find so maybe some questions could be answered...if u dont mind i will send u a mail about its as soon as i can !