Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

Unread 06-28-2009, 10:30 AM   #21
Bill Murphy
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 9,187 Times in 4,902 Posts

George and Dave, Auto Ordnance was in Bridgeport starting in 1941 or thereabouts for a time, but the West Hurley address is after Numrich Arms Corporation started using the Auto Ordnance name in 1974 to build their Thompsons. Apparently, Numrich didn't buy the company, just started using the name, no fuss, no muss.
Bill Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2009, 02:50 PM   #22
George Lander
Forum Associate

Member Info

Thanks Bill: There are some nice looking GH & PH Damascus Parkers in the Rock Island sale yesterday & today. Did anyone here get one? They seemed to have very low estimates.

Best Regards, George
George Lander is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2009, 06:29 PM   #23
Autumn Daze
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 4,073 Times in 1,730 Posts

Bill,Thanks for the information.I was closing in on it but ya beat me to it! Also I found the original building for the BPT Gun Implement Co. Its on the corner of Helen St and Barnum Ave.in BPT. I will check it out when I get a chance.

I was talking to our own Ken Waite yesterday and he is a distant relation to Marcellus Hartly of Remington Arms Corp.Marcellus Hartly and Marcellus Hartly-Dodge(his son) were also a principles in BGI Co.
Unread 06-28-2009, 11:57 PM   #24
George Lander
Forum Associate

Member Info

Well, to answer my own question. It looks like I got a 12 bore Trojan SN 226491 for $450 + BP. I bid on 31 lots and only got one. It will be interesting to see the realised prices when the appear.

Best Regards, George
George Lander is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2014, 10:19 AM   #25
Pat Boccuzzi
Forum Associate

Member Info

Just curious how many times if any What type of cleaning rods have you found when you purchased a parker and found the following C.M Powers cleaning rod made by the Fairies Manufacturing Company of Decatur Ill. They came in a box in a bag never seen in good condition and come apart / Rot. And they are really made well and it it's all I use. I'm curious if you guys can post some pics of them and curious if anyone has same maker for small bore and the reason I asked over the last 3 months I obtained 4 Parker's and two had the powers cleaning rods. The other two powers I have came with Parker guns as well.
I would like to hear what you guys think and if you can post pics of powers small bore models if anyone has.
Pat Boccuzzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2014, 07:00 PM   #26
Mills
PGCA Lifetime Member
Since 3rd Grade

Member Info

Thanked 12,443 Times in 4,457 Posts

Thanks for resurrecting this post Pat. Well worn, lower grade Parkers are underrated. I really like G grades. My first and favorite Parker is a 20 gauge Trojan that was acquired for under $1000.
Mills Morrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2014, 07:42 PM   #27
Pat Boccuzzi
Forum Associate

Member Info

I love an old parkers with some use and as long as the screws are not botched up or it's not loose I like to leave as is. And even then guys or gals who have a budget if you find a gun they like and it fits and the screws are butchered up and it's loose having it tighten up is easy with correct gunsmith. A parker with some use and old case color and some oxidation and not so perfect wood has lots of class.
If you look around anyone who wants to be in a parker gun can be in the game. That gun is just waiting for some RST ammo x 2-1/2 #9 and a nice Autum day and some woodcock. Lets face it if you have anything that is mint it is not going into the woods and if you do lets just say it's a V Grade And value is 5 to 9 k one slip and fall and you bang the gun, It hurts and the gun just went from mint to Mother fletcher, every year goes by the guns are getting harder and harder to find and more are getting redone, Which if you want to go that way or the gun needs it that's cool, some are sold to local police station for 25 gift cards.ETC,

On the other end back to the minty guns Who purchased the 12 Bore GHE that was pretty minty that was on the net towards the start of the week ? It was on the guns INTER and I called and just missed it. Did anyone other see that GHE ??
Pat Boccuzzi is offline   Reply With Quote