Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

Unread 06-23-2014, 04:20 PM   #21
MarketHunter
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 4,052 Times in 1,179 Posts

It was the last UP Shoot I went to, notice again I said last.

We stayed at the Woodland Motel in Iron Mountain, I believe it was the next to last room in the row.

My memory of the event is very strong, burned into my mind would be a better way of putting it.

DLH
I was as virtuously given as a gentleman need to be; virtuous enough; swore little; diced not above seven times a week; went to a bawdy-house once in a quarter--of an hour; paid money that I borrowed, three of four times; lived well and in good compass: and now I live out of all order, out of all compass. Falstaff - Henry IV
Destry L. Hoffard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2014, 04:23 PM   #22
C.O.B.
Forum Associate

Member Info

Thanked 6,320 Times in 2,082 Posts

I can buy the U.P. Shoot and the Woodlands but you drove? Anyway I'm glad you have that memory
Unread 06-23-2014, 04:32 PM   #23
MarketHunter
PGCA Member

Member Info

I drove up from here to the shoot then drove when we went to dinner. I'm sure I saved some lives that night......

DLH
I was as virtuously given as a gentleman need to be; virtuous enough; swore little; diced not above seven times a week; went to a bawdy-house once in a quarter--of an hour; paid money that I borrowed, three of four times; lived well and in good compass: and now I live out of all order, out of all compass. Falstaff - Henry IV
Unread 06-23-2014, 07:52 PM   #24
Autumn Daze
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 4,065 Times in 1,729 Posts

Destry, I Have had the unfortunate experience to room with COB myself once and trust me the world will end and the gates of hell will open before that happens again...... Time had almost erased the sight of Rich in his tighty whities until you hadda bring it up again damn it..... Now it will be another several years of nightmares..... Anderson do you have any recollection of being brought back to your room in a chair??
Unread 06-23-2014, 08:38 PM   #25
MarketHunter
PGCA Member

Member Info

I was hoping I was the only one......

DLH
Unread 06-23-2014, 08:57 PM   #26
C.O.B.
Forum Associate

Member Info

I remember the chair races fondly I was never challenged to a rematch
Unread 06-24-2014, 06:31 AM   #27
edgarspencer
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 11,754 Times in 3,159 Posts

And people wonder why I prefer camping over motels. Go figure.
edgarspencer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to edgarspencer For Your Post:
Unread 06-24-2014, 12:39 PM   #28
Harry Collins
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,763 Times in 736 Posts

Destry, when Rich said you had him confused with someone else I though it was me. But then again it could not have been me as I sleep buck naked.

Harry
Harry Collins is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2014, 02:21 PM   #29
MarketHunter
PGCA Member

Member Info

Harry I only roomed with you once but it wasn't because I wouldn't do it again. You wore pajamas as I recall, out of courtesy to me I'm sure. ROFL
The Following User Says Thank You to Destry L. Hoffard For Your Post:
Unread 06-26-2014, 12:20 AM   #30
C.O.B.
Forum Associate

Member Info

Well you boys have taken a thread about a very nice and unique Parker and turned into something totally uncalled for. Without asking it's assumed it's my gun and the ownership is immaterial to the thread anyway but to allude to the fact that if I have enough adult beverages I'll spill the beans and then some is ridiculous. Then to go off on something that may or may not have happened over 10 years ago is even more ridiculous and uncalled for and doesn't pertain to the discussion about the gun.

I'll own up to anything I have ever done and won't be ashamed or embarrassed about it. We all have stories to tell but sometimes the stories are best left untold.

Tedd thank you for bringing this gun to the forum, it really is a nice and unique Parker and my apologies for the hard left turn your thread has taken. The rest of you guys all I can say is classy, very classy