Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

Unread 09-26-2013, 09:18 AM   #21
Harold Pickens
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 8,109 Times in 2,087 Posts

On second thought, I dont think I will show you any of my grouse covers in the UP. You are so lucky that all the grouse will probably get up right in front of you and fly straight away.
Looking forward to seeing that gun!!
Harold Lee Pickens is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2013, 09:32 AM   #22
Opening Day
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 2,093 Times in 1,197 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harold Lee Pickens View Post
On second thought, I dont think I will show you any of my grouse covers in the UP. You are so lucky that all the grouse will probably get up right in front of you and fly straight away.
Looking forward to seeing that gun!!
Harold, that is very true statement, I hunted two full days with him, I never needed to clean my gun, he came back with three grouse and fired at least eight shells...

Beautiful gun Rich it took you a while but it was worth it. Now you going back to selling blood.....
Eric Eis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2013, 12:26 PM   #23
Richard Flanders
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 5,538 Times in 1,717 Posts

Nice Rich! That would look great cased with my C grade 12 ga that has the same floorplate engraving.... shall I send you my mailing address??? ( -:
Richard Flanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2013, 02:59 PM   #24
C.O.B.
Forum Associate

Member Info

Thanked 6,330 Times in 2,084 Posts

Ive got your address Rich If you were coming to MI this year I'd let you shoot some Pheasants with it.
Rich Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2013, 08:00 PM   #25
Richard Flanders
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 5,538 Times in 1,717 Posts

Not likely this year but not out of the question.... and I will take you up on that one if I come.
Richard Flanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-27-2013, 12:10 AM   #26
Brush Buster
PGCA Member
Second Badge

Member Info

Thanked 3,643 Times in 1,116 Posts

I always seem to get in on show and tell late for some reason but I have to comment , WOW Rich ,What a beautiful gun , I have been dreaming about finding one like Bruce's ever since I handled it a few years back at the vintager's ,Now ,I have another one I have to think about ! The C Grade ,20 Damascus barreled guns are really special guns ! Congrats Rich on a great find ! Russ
Russ Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-27-2013, 08:50 AM   #27
Harold Pickens
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 8,109 Times in 2,087 Posts

Russ,
i was thinking that you had a little CHE 20 also? How is the restoration of that DH 20 damascus coming along? I need to get the barrels of a couple damascus guns redone. Ive got a trip to the UP coming up and will probably see Rich's latest aquisition.
Harold Lee Pickens is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-27-2013, 08:51 AM   #28
Bruce Day
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 15,635 Times in 2,670 Posts

The Damascus barreled C grade 20's are uncommon. TPS lists 14 such Parkers, and I knew of four; this makes five. There are probably several more still hidden away by people who are very quiet about it or who do not recognize what they have.

Damascus barreled C 16's are also uncommon. TPS lists 19 made; I have one that had its barrels factory replaced by a fluid steel set, so that is gone unless I find a set of fine Damascus barrels and can refit the gun.

Bernard barreled small bores are equally uncommon; 19 16ga's ( two known, one destroyed) , 4 20ga's and 4 28ga's. No 20's or 28's are known and are grail guns to several collectors.
Bruce Day is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bruce Day For Your Post:
Unread 09-27-2013, 03:46 PM   #29
Brush Buster
PGCA Member
Second Badge

Member Info

Thanked 3,643 Times in 1,116 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harold Lee Pickens View Post
Russ,
i was thinking that you had a little CHE 20 also? How is the restoration of that DH 20 damascus coming along? I need to get the barrels of a couple damascus guns redone. Ive got a trip to the UP coming up and will probably see Rich's latest aquisition.
Hello Harold ,I do have a CHE 20 but it is without Damascus Barrels ,wish it were one of the Dam. Barreled guns and was residing at my place ! The D Grade ,I just picked it up last week ,turned out very well ,I will post some pics. when I have a few minutes ! The gun has 28" Barrels which are near perfect inside ,I am planning on using it about 90 Percent of my hunting time this coming season ! I didn't have a restoration done ,the wood was bruised up badly and Jerry pulled the dents and refinished the wood and the barrels were dented in places but none showed from the inside ,you would never know there were dents or dings any where ! Jerry also Refinished the Dam. Barrels ,they look very nice , not over done and match the gun nicely ! Best ; Russ
Russ Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-27-2013, 05:27 PM   #30
C.O.B.
Forum Associate

Member Info

Thanked 6,330 Times in 2,084 Posts

I love show and tell, it's like kindergarden for grown ups This CHE is my second damascuss barreled Parker 20 the other is a GHE. It has been a very good year for small bore Parkers and every one has been a damascuss barreled gun.
Rich Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Rich Anderson For Your Post: