Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

Unread 06-14-2018, 10:15 AM   #21
Southpaw
Forum Associate

Member Info

Let me tell you a secret, there are no secrets and so called privacy is an illusion.

Private Sector or general commercial enterprises, it does not necessarily mean they get all your info from email and apps anymore. AI is rampant and they have an algorithm to figure out everyone's consumer habits. If you have a smart phone and or computer and do a search for anything or use someone elses wifi to search the web, they pick that up. There are AI programs out there see when you go to certain sites and then they will send you advertisements for something similar or interest. I think its targeted marketing profiling. They all do it.

There is a so called amusement park that offers free wifi an when people are waiting in lines and playing with phones they are tracking what you are searching and looking for profile opportnity. If perhaps are searching for a something to eat they will follow that and then you will immediately start getting local ads for certain food places. Car companies and high end retailers are really into this.

If you are really into conspiracy theories and scared of Big Brother, then I have also heard that government can track every single key stroke your computer makes. Even scarier, and I know this is true, even if not connected to wifi or internet they can gain access to your machine thru the power chords. I have a friend that unplugs his computer whenever he is not using it.
Todd Poer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2018, 10:39 AM   #22
Kensal Rise
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 2,577 Times in 926 Posts

Well now. If some dude selling banjos can find you that easily, just what do you think the government is capable of? Or Google? Or Facebook? Or... Heaven forbid, The Russians!!
John Campbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2018, 08:13 PM   #23
Craig Budgeon
PGCA Member

Member Info

Dean you are very vulnerable because of your prominent stature on this forum. If you and your family communicate regularly by emails, facebook, and tweats, you maybe contributing to unsolicited contacts directed at family members.
Craig Budgeon is offline   Reply With Quote