Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

Unread 02-11-2013, 11:16 AM   #21
Brush Buster
PGCA Member
Second Badge

Member Info

Thanked 3,575 Times in 1,103 Posts

Gentlemen ,I generally stay out of these types of discussions ,but I also sell as a hobbyist on Gun Broker so ,I will voice an opinion for what it's worth ! I have looked over the ad many times and I just don't find fault with this seller ,seems to me ,he said it was an A Grade but goes on to list as being engraved by Angelo Bee ,any one spending $20,000.00 Plus on a Parker would know Angelo wasn't an " In House Engraver " at Parker Brothers ! When I list a gun ,I am very critical of the gun and make the most honest attempt at advertising it as what it is and agree ,a simple description of the Gun being an" Upgrade " in his Post would have rectified any question ,but I don't believe he was being fraudulent ,Just My Honest Opinion ! As for Upgraded Guns , I agree with Rich ," Beauty is in the Eye of the Beholder " A while back ,I purchased an Upgraded 410 ,that was advertised as such ,the Gun belonged to Otis Odum ,and was Upgraded by Runge ,Del Grego ,and stamped as such ,it is Upgraded to a BHE and started life as a VHE 410 , I also have a letter from Larry ,that the work was done in their shop ! To be quite honest ,I never thought I would buy an Upgrade either but just fell in love with this gun and realized ,I would never find the only BHE 410 or be able to afford a BHE Factory 410 if I did find one but with some Trading etc. ,I am able to own what I feel is a Gorgeous Gun that I enjoy carrying and also admire the engraving and upgraded wood each time I get it out of the safe ! Again ,Just my Thoughts !
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 410 BHE Oct.8 2012 074.JPG (285.5 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg 410 BHE Oct.8 2012 079.JPG (293.9 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg 410 BHE Oct.8 2012 049.JPG (296.9 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg 410 BHE Oct.8 2012 071.JPG (337.1 KB, 4 views)
Russ Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Russ Jackson For Your Post:
Unread 02-11-2013, 12:15 PM   #22
George M. Purtill Member #28
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 2,293 Times in 862 Posts

I think is wonderful that people like upgrades. To me its a tragedy when people upgrade something that is rare to begin with.
Upgrading a VH 12- OK go for it.
Upgrading a AAHE into a Tsar's Parker- that is heresy.
Upgrading a 410 of any grade is a shame. If it's already done, so be it and buy it like Russ did.
That is my personal philosophy. We are the Parker Gun Collectors Association and there is a lot of room in the word Collectors.

But... This is my line in the sand. [People with sound minds will differ and I respect that.].....
When original markings such as grade or serial numbers are changed or altered, then it is not an upgrade, it is a fake.
All the disclaimers on paper mean nothing. The papers are not cemented to the gun.
Thats my opinion.
George M. Purtill is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to George M. Purtill For Your Post:
Unread 02-11-2013, 02:52 PM   #23
Brush Buster
PGCA Member
Second Badge

Member Info

George ,I totally agree ,Twenty Two Years ago ,I bought an Austin Healey 3000 MK III in outrageously poor condition ! It probably should have been made into a parts car but ,after purchase ,I spent nearly five years bringing it back to as close to correct as I could even though most of my car nut Buddies thought I should " UPGRADE " to a Chevy 350 and a Mustang suspension chopped to fit with Four Wheel Discs would have been Fantastic ! If the car had been a running example and Rust Free ,I wouldn't have touched a thing ! By the way ,I drive it regularly " Except Winters " and still own it !
Unread 02-11-2013, 03:00 PM   #24
George M. Purtill Member #28
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 2,293 Times in 862 Posts

Russ- Thats is the cats ass. You have fine taste my friend.
George M. Purtill is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to George M. Purtill For Your Post:
Unread 02-11-2013, 05:55 PM   #25
C.O.B.
Forum Associate

Member Info

Thanked 6,320 Times in 2,082 Posts

Can we go Grouse hunting in it? Daisy would love the wind in her face All BS aside it's a nice car and I thank my lucky stars I'm not a car guy, I have enough problems with rifles and shotguns
Rich Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Rich Anderson For Your Post:
Unread 02-11-2013, 06:42 PM   #26
Fishtail
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Regardless of Angelo Bee's involvement, the seller is calling the gun an A grade which it is not and never will be. That's maybe short of fraudulent but it certainly falls into the 'shady' category.
greg conomos is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to greg conomos For Your Post:
Unread 02-11-2013, 07:18 PM   #27
BRDHNTR
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 2,758 Times in 1,262 Posts

George had it right. Upgrade a gun or car or whatever if that's your fancy. But truth in disclosure is important when it comes time to sell it. The gun should have been marked accordingly so there would be no question as to what it has become and what it really is.

By the way, the Austin Healey 3000 is quite nice.
allen newell is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to allen newell For Your Post:
Unread 02-11-2013, 07:33 PM   #28
OH Osthaus
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 8,215 Times in 3,270 Posts

Russ - every time you bring that Healey up it almost makes me regret trading mine for kids

Unread 02-11-2013, 07:39 PM   #29
Brush Buster
PGCA Member
Second Badge

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Losey View Post
Russ - every time you bring that Healey up it almost makes me regret trading mine for kids

Rick ,One nice thing about the Healey , I can send it out for service when it misbehaves ,KIDS ................? Other than that ,the Kids Got it beat by a mile !
Unread 02-11-2013, 07:54 PM   #30
Bill Murphy
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 8,942 Times in 4,789 Posts

How many kids can I trade for a nice restored 3000? If it only takes a couple, I may start working on a new batch.
Bill Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote