Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Non-Parker Specific & General Discussions Shotgun Shell Reloading

Notices

Unread 02-23-2012, 08:09 AM   #21
Big D
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 3,726 Times in 1,585 Posts

Tennis racquets are effective, but be careful in the house, it's easy to knock over lamps (don't ask how I know) The last several encounters I've had were resoved by covering the bat with a towel when he got tired and stopped for a rest.
John Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2012, 10:43 AM   #22
Richard Flanders
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 5,538 Times in 1,717 Posts

Our old farmhouse had a spot in the living room where the floor was settling away from the wall as the old stone foundation settled.... the TV electrical cord kept falling into the crack and getting chewed by a rat that had taken up housekeeping under the house. Why one of our cat herd never got that critter is beyond me; too well fed I guess. My dad had a bright idea. He put a chair in front of the crack, got out his trusty S&W officers model .38 and a flashlight, turned out the lights and waited. When he heard the telltale munching, he got ready and flipped on the flashlight to expose the beady red eyes and let her fly. My mother feigned sleeping on the couch in protest and was not one bit happy with this little escapade. Of course we all thought it was brilliant and made perfect sense. He made a good shot too, with only a small nick in the linoleum floor to show for it. A little electrical tape on the cord and we were back in business and the problem did not again arise. True story! You can't make this stuff up.
Richard Flanders is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Richard Flanders For Your Post:
Unread 02-23-2012, 11:53 AM   #23
Big D
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 3,726 Times in 1,585 Posts

Richard - Our fathers must have been twins separated at birth. My dad was a city boy who, during his early career at DuPont moved a lot. At one house, they had a chicken coop. A rat kept chewing up thru the floor of the coop and raising hell with the chickens. He got the bright idea to sit in the coop at dusk, armed with a golf club (7 iron?) When the rat stuck his head up, Dad, using the correct overlapping grip, swung mightily at the rat. He was never sure if he killed it or not, butr he did say that there were a helluvalot of chickens flying around blindly in the dark. Not good.
John Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2012, 09:29 AM   #24
charlie cleveland
Forum Associate

Member Info

Thanked 7,801 Times in 3,968 Posts

can you imagine the scene.. chickin s flying everywhere dark as a dungon. and a man swinging the mighty golf club.... then the other man setting paeintly waiting on the chickin rat with his 38... charlie
charlie cleveland is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2012, 01:45 AM   #25
Keith Parrish
Forum Associate

Member Info

We had our first Christmas tree in our new house with gifts and the whole thing decorated. One night we both said that our kitty sure has taken a liken to the orinaments and the tree. Well a week before Christmas day we were watching the tube with the cat under the tree staring up it from underneath and I noticed the orinaments were moving. Thought it was the beer til the cat tried to climb our tree. There was a mouse in the tree. I couldn't shake it out and I tried helping kitty up from the bottom that didn't work so I went out and got my old Air rifle loaded with a pellet on 2 pumps. Pop I shot and I missed the darn mouse went up higher. The pellet stuck in our wall. I loaded another and shot. Like a pine cone bouncing down a tree down fell the mouse kitty scooped it up and took off to her room and out I went for plaster and the matching paint can to patch up the 2 small pellet holes in our wall. We all got gifts that year even kitty!!!!
Keith Parrish is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Keith Parrish For Your Post: