Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

Unread 02-03-2011, 08:34 AM   #21
Bill Murphy
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 8,963 Times in 4,800 Posts

Unfortunately, there will not be an order book for that serial number range. It is unlikely that the original owner will be identified.
Bill Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2011, 12:00 PM   #22
mariodawg
Forum Associate

Member Info

Copy all! That's OK...it's still a family heirloom even if i can't figure out who bought it originally and where. My wife is shooting pistols right now, as i got her trained up for self-defense before i departed. And now she's addicted! And I love it because now we can buy guns "for us"...and not just me! She's presently armed to the teeth, and I pity the poor fool who tries to break in! She's a good shot at the range...but more importantly, she's competent and confident now. We will pull out the long firearms and go to an outdoor range when I return. But I have enough land to legally shoot shotguns on my property as i understand it...but i will read up on the local laws before i test that theory frequently. I on rare occasion use my Mossberg 590A1 12 gauge pump action to kill beaver when they decide to take out some trees---but i haven't used the Parker yet because I knew it was an antique, and I didn't know anything about it at the time. But now I do, and now I know it is a quality gun that can be used as needed for fun or utility---like beaver control! But i do need to clean it up...like I said previously, it hasn't been cleaned in I bet over a couple decades. Probably even more than that! Can't wait to get my research letter...
Mark Ciarlone is offline   Reply With Quote