Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

Unread 11-11-2021, 03:34 PM   #21
6pt-Sika
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 8,142 Times in 3,639 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Murphy View Post
Milton, you couldn't come close. I think Watson Brothers may have prices posted for eights and fours.
There was a JW Tolley at the auction in Easton yesterday . Single barrel Jones underlever hammer gun but it was 4 gauge .
Unread 11-11-2021, 04:28 PM   #22
mobirdhunter
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 10,361 Times in 3,282 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milton C Starr View Post
Didnt a DH Titanic barreled 8 ga sell on GI about 2 years ago for around 29k? I love my Parkers and 8 gauges but if I had 65k to spend on a gun I would try to spend a bit more and have a WR Droplock 8 gauge built .
Milton, have you checked the Rock Island catalog? I thought I saw a WR 8. 8 gauge guns are certainly surfacing now, aren't they?

"'I promise you,' he said, 'on my word of honor, I won't die on the opening of the bird season.'" -- Robert Ruark (from The Old Man and the Boy)
Garry L Gordon is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2021, 08:35 PM   #23
6pt-Sika
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 8,142 Times in 3,639 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garry L Gordon View Post
Milton, have you checked the Rock Island catalog? I thought I saw a WR 8. 8 gauge guns are certainly surfacing now, aren't they?
I think it’s just the tip of the iceberg
Unread 11-11-2021, 09:48 PM   #24
Milton C Starr
Forum Associate

Member Info

Thanked 1,006 Times in 465 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Murphy View Post
Milton, you couldn't come close. I think Watson Brothers may have prices posted for eights and fours.
I know the WR starts at around 80k of course you may as well spend another 15k and get a set of 10 gauge barrels . Watsons only list a 4 bore it starts around 100k WR builds a 4 bore as well however Watson claims theirs is better proportioned . Ive just always had a thing for Westley Richards and have chatted with them before . They told me it doesnt matter if its a sxs they built in the 1880s they will make new parts/barrels whatever it needs . Im not sure if anyone else is willing to do that .
Milton C Starr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2021, 09:57 PM   #25
Milton C Starr
Forum Associate

Member Info

Quote:
Ive seen there are alot of WW Greener 8 bores coming up for sale . I seen this one and really like it and its on the heavier side at 14lbs https://auctions.morphyauctions.com/...LOT518439.aspx

Then theres this beast at 16lbs , I read Greener built a large frame 8 gauge so perhaps this is one . https://www.rockislandauction.com/de...ammer-duck-gun

Right now though im not planning on buying I have just investing money for the long term. Has anyone looked at that 8 gauge LC Smith on GB ?
Unread 11-12-2021, 06:49 AM   #26
mobirdhunter
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milton C Starr View Post
Ive seen there are alot of WW Greener 8 bores coming up for sale . I seen this one and really like it and its on the heavier side at 14lbs https://auctions.morphyauctions.com/...LOT518439.aspx

Then theres this beast at 16lbs , I read Greener built a large frame 8 gauge so perhaps this is one . https://www.rockislandauction.com/de...ammer-duck-gun

Right now though im not planning on buying I have just investing money for the long term. Has anyone looked at that 8 gauge LC Smith on GB ?
Pretty sure there’s a WR 8 and its estimate is much less than 60k…if memory serves me (which it sometimes doesn’t anymore).

"'I promise you,' he said, 'on my word of honor, I won't die on the opening of the bird season.'" -- Robert Ruark (from The Old Man and the Boy)
Unread 11-12-2021, 07:30 AM   #27
mobirdhunter
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

So my memory is only half bad. The 8 bore I saw was a double rifle (high end estimate $40K), and there's also a bar-in-wood hammer 8 estimated at around $6K. I did not look them over at all, but they are there, along with quite a few other 8s. It really seems that the 8s are coming out of the woodwork. You guys are fueling a renaissance in the gauge.

The Following User Says Thank You to Garry L Gordon For Your Post:
Unread 11-12-2021, 05:35 PM   #28
Milton C Starr
Forum Associate

Member Info

Quote:
So my memory is only half bad. The 8 bore I saw was a double rifle (high end estimate $40K), and there's also a bar-in-wood hammer 8 estimated at around $6K. I did not look them over at all, but they are there, along with quite a few other 8s. It really seems that the 8s are coming out of the woodwork. You guys are fueling a renaissance in the gauge.
It'll be a true Renaissance if we could get a run of proper shells made which I have already got halfway solved .
The Following User Says Thank You to Milton C Starr For Your Post:
Unread 11-13-2021, 08:57 AM   #29
Bill Murphy
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 9,169 Times in 4,896 Posts

Craig, the Tolley four sounds like something you should have bought. Tolleys are great guns. I was at the gun show last weekend but forgot about the tailgate and the Guyette auction. Oh, well.
Bill Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2021, 09:50 AM   #30
Craig Larter
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 10,898 Times in 1,725 Posts

The Parker 8ga O grade hammer gun went for $6300 at the Guyette and Deeter auction.
Craig Larter is offline   Reply With Quote