Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

Unread 02-17-2014, 06:00 PM   #21
Chris
Forum Associate

Member Info

Web site states they were incorporated in Meriden CT, and Corp records are a PO Box there.

http://www.bbb.org/cleveland/Busines...od-oh-92005824

http://firearm-dealers.findthebest.c...ros-Makers-Inc

Parker Bros Makers Inc 13000 Athens Avenue, Unit E-200. Lakewood, OH 44107.
Business Name Parker Bros
Expiration Date June 01, 2015
License Region Central
License Number 4-34-035-07-5F-03766

Address is for Dussault Moving Inc, perhaps a storage unit that Parker Bros Markers rents?
Unread 02-17-2014, 06:09 PM   #22
Ed Blake
PGCA Member

Member Info

You've retained an attorney and notified the authorities; that's about all you can doFor now. How did you find that outfit? I wonder if they are the same ones who were advertising the PB over/under a few years back? Sorry about your gun.
Ed Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2014, 06:11 PM   #23
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

Thanked 33,972 Times in 12,580 Posts

My apologies to all involved.
Dean Romig is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2014, 06:11 PM   #24
C.O.B.
Forum Associate

Member Info

Thanked 6,330 Times in 2,084 Posts

For once the GVT has the ability to do something for one of it's citizens. Call the ATF & the local Sherrif.
Rich Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2014, 06:28 PM   #25
edgarspencer
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 12,134 Times in 3,253 Posts

Maybe the guy just spoiled your gun in his attempt to 'restore' it. He may well know he F'd up, and that's why he's offering you a G from his collection, but not man enough to admit he messed up. If the guy will talk to you, give him the ultimatum that he either fess up or you'll bring in the Feds. You might get your gun plus the G out of it. If he's a legit business, he won't want to risk loosing his FFL over one gun.
I've always been a sucker for giving people a chance.
edgarspencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2014, 06:44 PM   #26
Chris
Forum Associate

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Blake View Post
I wonder if they are the same ones who were advertising the PB over/under a few years back? Sorry about your gun.
They seem to be and still are advertising Parker O/U's. I'd like to know how many they have made and sold...
Unread 02-17-2014, 07:00 PM   #27
B. Dudley
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 18,438 Times in 4,742 Posts

To answer your question, No, you are not getting a good deal.
It better be a VERY nice GH to be worth $3k and the $1k or so your VH might have been worth.

I hate to hear about things like this happening. It is really uncalled for and gives everyone else a bad name in sort of a way since if it happens once, someone is extremely hesitant to want to work with someone else.

Being a one man operation, I can understand that things take time, but 4 years? And then what is transpiring now is something else!

I would insist on your gun back, in whatever state it may be in AND your money in full. If they cannot, an explanation as to why would be nice. Providing that the gun is not butchered up in some way, there are many gunsmiths that could pick up the pieces I am sure.
If the gun is "gone" or butchered, sure... take the GH he is offering. But also get your money back since you are out money and a gun.
And if the gun is no where to be found... yes, report it stolen to the ATF right away. They will no doubt have some answering to do to the ATF and also that record of it being stolen will follow the Serial number for a long time.

Recently a couple of very high grade LC Smith guns were pulled from an auction house because they were discovered to have been stolen back in the 80's or something.
If you get a report filed on it, who knows, you may get your gun back some day.
Unread 02-17-2014, 07:33 PM   #28
Ed Blake
PGCA Member

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_Caile View Post
They seem to be and still are advertising Parker O/U's. I'd like to know how many they have made and sold...
Those guys were at the Vintagers at Pintail Point a few years back. They had an example on hand. It appeared to be nicely done. Those guns were discussed here right after that. Are those guys members of the PGCA and in our directory?
Ed Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2014, 07:40 PM   #29
B. Dudley
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 18,438 Times in 4,742 Posts

This is a post by Mark that was likely accidentally started as a new thread...

"Wow, I'm amazed at the response from many of you out there. Parker Brothers Makers is in Ohio, not Connecticut. Many of you have suggested calling the owner. He will not talk to me. I called the local police, who indicated they have had a number of complaints about this company. When I asked the detective assigned to complaints for the company to pay them a visit, he said he wouldn't as he gets nowhere with them. He also said the Prosecuting Attorney's office won't do anything. So, I have sent a request to the AFT to look into this for me. Just so you know, they had all the parts ready for bluing, etc back in July of 2012. Don't think it would take a year and a half to blue up those pieces and make a stock. Said just last week that they got the barrels too thin trying to remove bore pits and that is why he is offering the other gun. Don't want another gun, just want mine. Also, they do advertise on the internet and make very fancy looking PB shotguns, but I'll never buy anything from them. Thanks to all of you for your comments. Mark"

I would just insist on getting the gun back in whatever state it is in and your money back in full. Period. If barrels are shot, then so be it. A different set can be found and fitted. If they acknowlege the gun is still there, I would not think this to be a problem. But... you never know.

I will make the statement I have made before in regards to this company... who the heck wants an overpriced O/U with the name Parker on it?
Visit Brian Dudley's homepage!
Unread 02-17-2014, 07:58 PM   #30
J. A. EARLY
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 2,804 Times in 907 Posts

Mark,

If they got the barrels too thin, then they should rebarrel them, of course sending everything back to you with the original payment along with the payment to have it done by Kirk Merrington or someone capable of doing it, if it is a meaningful family piece. Do not accept that they cannot be repaired if you want the original gun. Just my 2 cents.
Jerry Harlow is offline   Reply With Quote