Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

Unread 02-27-2022, 05:49 PM   #21
todd allen
Forum Associate

Member Info

Thanked 3,365 Times in 1,158 Posts

That gun is simply stunning! I would love to know the stock dimensions.
todd allen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2022, 06:42 PM   #22
PML
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,574 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Baeckel View Post

PML, my mistake on the ejectors. How many guns have you sold on Gunbroker and what were the positives and negatives of going that route?

Robert, I have sold dozens of guns on the internet as have others here. I have had both good and bad experiences. Guns like yours are easy to sell on Gunbroker because they are exceptional in condition. Gunbroker does have pros and cons. The pros in my opinion are exposure and it is an auction with relatively low fees and it will by design determine the value of your gun. The cons are; it is the internet and there are trolls lurking. Also you need to know what you are selling to be able to measure up the gun and answer questions. lastly you have to pack and ship it to an FFL and give a 3-day inspection/return period to be fair to the buyer. So, it takes a little work if you do it yourself or you can pay a dealer to do the work for you for a fee/percentage. Either way your gun will be easy to sell and have MANY interested buyers. 1923 GH 1.5 frame with 28” barrels in fantastic condition are not common. Lastly, you live in close proximity to a great many Parker collectors. Have I said yet that your gun is an easy sell….. Good luck to you. Go slow and if you are close to Chuck take him up on his offer.
PML
Patrick Lien is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Patrick Lien For Your Post:
Unread 02-27-2022, 07:32 PM   #23
David Noble
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,153 Times in 411 Posts

I agree totally with Patrick's post above.
Get in touch with "Pa SXS" aka Chuck Bishop (he left his contact info on page 2) and make arraignments to show it to him. He is the research chairman for the PGCA and an honest man that will not lead you astray.
David Noble is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to David Noble For Your Post:
Unread 02-27-2022, 07:52 PM   #24
Kurt Sauers
Forum Associate

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerald McPherson View Post
May I suggest that you join the PGCA and place it in the for sale section at a premium price. If it doesn't sell slowly drop your price until it does. If that does not get you an amount that satisfies you then move it elsewhere. You may be surprised what higher condition Parker will bring when offered to collectors. The one I looked at was priced at $4200. I was told it is gone but I do not know what it sold or traded for. Hope this helps. The gun I looked at was in higher condition from what your pictures show.

I think that’s a very sound idea. It’s definitely a nice gun and the guys here know what they are looking at. Even tho I’ve moved away from Parker’s I still miss the buy/sell board. I’ll probably never get the one I’d want now without re-upping
Kurt Sauers is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2022, 09:49 AM   #25
winplumber
PGCA Member

Member Info

Just a question, How would you compare Roberts GH to the GH Puglisi has on Guns International #101728888 as far as condition .
Steve Huffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2022, 09:55 AM   #26
B. Dudley
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 18,487 Times in 4,750 Posts

The photos are not an accurate comparison. Pugs are very dark, the the OPs are outside in the sunlight. Which will show condition much better. But based on what I see, I would say that the OPs is higher condition than Pugs. It definitely has better barrel finish and more case.
Visit Brian Dudley's homepage!
Unread 02-28-2022, 10:49 AM   #27
Bill Murphy
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 9,211 Times in 4,913 Posts

There is some folly in comparing prices with a gun offered for sale but not sold. Pug's gun at $3300 or such may have been for sale for months or years. If it hasn't sold for $3300, it may not sell for $2300 either. However, the poster's gun seems to be a better gun than Pug's gun and may easily be a $3000 gun. The auction house will get hundreds in commission and buyer's premium, however. The only way the seller will get $3000 out of a $3000 gun is to avoid auction houses and sell it privately. If my high school algebra is still ticking, a bidder at $3000 would pay a buyer's premium at 25% of $750. If the commission rate is 20%, a $3000 bid would get the seller $2400. But, to get that $2400, he would have to attract a bidder who was willing to pay $3750 for your $2400 gun. It isn't fair, but most consigners at that kind of auction are dead guys, not astute sellers.
Bill Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bill Murphy For Your Post:
SHARKS
Unread 02-28-2022, 12:12 PM   #28
Harry Gietler
Forum Associate

Member Info

Thanked 1,076 Times in 331 Posts

Default SHARKS

The ''SHARKS'' ARE CIRCLING !

Harry
Harry Gietler is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Harry Gietler For Your Post:
Unread 03-01-2022, 10:57 AM   #29
GHPA
Forum Associate

Member Info

Pa SxS, What would the cost associated with an evaluation?
Thank you

Todd if you tell me how to get the stock dimensions I will do my best.

PML, what do you mean by ship it to an FFL? I would not be shipping it directly to Gunbroker?

Everyone else, very good food for thought.
Robert
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC04898.jpg (517.7 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg DSC04899.jpg (511.6 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg DSC04908.jpg (517.5 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg DSC04873.jpg (498.1 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg DSC04875.jpg (499.0 KB, 9 views)
Robert Baeckel is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Robert Baeckel For Your Post:
Unread 03-01-2022, 11:10 AM   #30
B. Dudley
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 18,487 Times in 4,750 Posts

Gunbroker is an online auction site. Much like Ebay.
You list it, people bid, when it sells you ship the item. Firearms need to ship to an FFL at the buyers end in order to complete legal transfer of the firearm. This would be the case no matter how you handle the sale.

There are other gun auction sites like GunAuction, but Gunrboker really its the largest of its kind. Guns America is a Fixed price "buy it now" site. And Guns International is an online classifieds site. The gun is listed at a set price and the seller must be contacted by the buyer to buy the gun. Guns International is the largest site of its kind and is really the cheapest way to sell a gun, as it costs only like $18 now to list a gun on there up front with no additional commissions or fees after that. But, you have to put a price on it, and you cannot go up from there. So most start high at the risk of not selling the gun.

An auction site like Gunbroker would get you the highest exposure, with the highest chance of getting the maximum price at the lowest cost to you. If the gun sells for a few thousand dollars you would not may more than $100 in commission fees, if that.

Or, if you are not looking to sell yourself on the internet. Get it to a reputable dealer and sell it on consignment with them. And expect to pay around 20% to them.
But, I still do not think that consigning it to an auction house is the way to go.

Or, join the assoc and list it and sell it here. if you are not already well on your way to doing...
Visit Brian Dudley's homepage!