Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums Parker Reproductions

Notices

Unread 05-09-2010, 05:48 PM   #21
Bill Murphy
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 9,168 Times in 4,895 Posts

We still haven't gotten anyone to post pictures of a 0000 frame Repro on the internet. Kevin McCormack had a pair of them on his Baltimore display table one year, a BHE and a Geornet engraved A-1 Special plus, but I don't know if we ever took closeup pictures of the frames. Pictures of the 0000 frame were never posted in Repro literature that I am aware of.
Bill Murphy is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2010, 07:12 PM   #22
SXS OHIO
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,961 Times in 548 Posts

I know very little about the 0000 frame. Going on the listing that Chadick posted about his gun at 4lbs and 8 or 12 oz ? can't remember the exact oz amount its about one lb lighter than any 00 frame 28gauge and 20 oz lighter than my 410 gun that is 6lbs-3oz. If this is true??? the frame and barrels must be struck down smaller to loose a whole 12-16oz or so . If anyone has spects to share with us please do! I have a DHE 00 frame 410/28 to compair it with. We need barrel weight,forend and frame/stock weight to compair against my set. thanks All, Kenny Graft SXS ohio...(-:
Kenny Graft is offline   Reply With Quote
Any pics as yet? More info?
Unread 07-17-2010, 07:05 AM   #23
SXS OHIO
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,961 Times in 548 Posts

Default Any pics as yet? More info?

Did you get any info from chaddick? We are very interested in these little guns. I see a VH 410 listed for 22K.....gotta love my DHE 410/28 repro's at about 12500 each...(-: Took one out and shot clays with it. Sweet and broke more than expected. Thanks all Kenny Graft SXS ohio....
Kenny Graft is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2010, 02:46 PM   #24
Robert Delk
Forum Associate

Member Info

Some of the people who bought the reproductions were buying them because they thought it was cool to have a gun that they had heard about as being desirable and knew next to nothing about Parkers otherwise and cared less.Likely that a lot of these guns will not be heard about until they change hands again as they are sitting in a cabinet somewhere to impress the dinner guests if the talk turns to guns.I just was admiring the yard of a retired stockbroker who has a couple,at least, reproductions and is quite ignorant of guns in general but likes to be thought of as a connoiseur of all things sporting. He collects Orvis rods and Hardy reels when they can be bought cheaply and has no real knowledge of either. He buys the name and isn't able to talk about variations and the details that make collecting so much fun for most of us.He has amassed quite a collection of stuff ,most of which was bought from the families of deceased clients. I think he must have 20-30 Remington 40x's and 700 varmint rifles and more other stuff than most sporting good stores. The point is none of his stuff will ever be discussed or shown on any forum even though he has lucked into some nice items.
Robert Delk is offline   Reply With Quote