Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

Unread 01-29-2018, 08:34 AM   #21
Southpaw
Forum Associate

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Laudermilch View Post
This reminds me of a visit I made to Woodcock Hill years ago. WH is a small place in the middle of nowhere. It does not have a sign out and you need an appointment to visit but it does house some fine and very expensive English sxs's. When I arrive at my appointed time there are two guys from Texas there finishing up a transaction. I could tell by the way they were dressed that they lived in a different neighborhood than me. They purchased two English guns valued at $50k & $65k. After paying for the guns they asked the owner if he would take them outside and teach them how to shoot them. There are all sorts of people in this world and I suppose a business willing to cater to all.
Yep, exactly, but are you sure they were from Texas. I haven't met anyone yet from Texas that didn't know how to shoot a gun. Maybe they were from Oklahoma, or better yet Missouri.
Todd Poer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2018, 08:39 AM   #22
Ed Blake
PGCA Member

Member Info

Prolly from Houston via Manhattan.
Ed Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2018, 08:45 AM   #23
Southpaw
Forum Associate

Member Info

Maybe that makes sense being from Houston and all that earl money. I know a good many fellas from Houston and not a damn one of them would admit they could not shoot, makes sense they would sneak of somewhere and buy and expensive gun and get some instruction to act like they were old hands at it. Sometimes there are fellas that are big hat no cattle.
Unread 01-29-2018, 02:33 PM   #24
Randy Roberts
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 5,789 Times in 1,886 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck Bishop View Post
I walk by their tables and just shake my head in disbelief at their asking prices.
I agree. In the past I never even offered a courtesy look at their tables. Having said that I have recently made 2 offers on Parkers I acquired that have just about convinced me that in the future I should probably just view the price tag as ornamental and make an offer if so desired based upon the merits of the gun in question as I see them. I was discussing a gun at the recent Vegas show with a prominent member of the Parker community when he commented "asking prices mean nothing here", he was right and I will thank him the next time I see him.
Randy G Roberts is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Randy G Roberts For Your Post:
Unread 01-29-2018, 02:48 PM   #25
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

Thanked 33,565 Times in 12,448 Posts

Asking prices at such shows merely indicate a used gun is for sale.

George King, "That's Ruff", 2010 - a timeless classic.
Dean Romig is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dean Romig For Your Post:
Unread 01-29-2018, 07:49 PM   #26
Richard Flanders
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 5,538 Times in 1,717 Posts

Mercy! That's a good site to peruse when you're perhaps feeling a bit fat in the head and a tad too proud of yourself and need to be knocked down a notch to where you're somehow feeling a financial failure and absolutely and totally inadequate and undeserving of the planetary oxygen you've been utilizing in your efforts at a productive life!
Richard Flanders is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Richard Flanders For Your Post:
Unread 01-29-2018, 08:02 PM   #27
Mills
PGCA Lifetime Member
Since 3rd Grade

Member Info

Thanked 12,379 Times in 4,435 Posts

Kevin's is for wingshooting. Wingshooting is hunting only a lot more expensive
Mills Morrison is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mills Morrison For Your Post:
Unread 01-29-2018, 09:29 PM   #28
Southpaw
Forum Associate

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Flanders View Post
Mercy! That's a good site to peruse when you're perhaps feeling a bit fat in the head and a tad too proud of yourself and need to be knocked down a notch to where you're somehow feeling a financial failure and absolutely and totally inadequate and undeserving of the planetary oxygen you've been utilizing in your efforts at a productive life!
Ha! I don't need that site for that. If I need that kind of correction just need to ask the wife to me help me out. She may even put a little extra stank on some of those comments, just for posterity.
The Following User Says Thank You to Todd Poer For Your Post:
Unread 01-29-2018, 11:23 PM   #29
Craig Budgeon
PGCA Member

Member Info

You boys don't understand Kevins business plan, prices are set high so he doesn't have to replace inventory and he adds in the depreciation the customer will endure when they walk out door with there new acquisition.
Craig Budgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2018, 11:58 AM   #30
C.O.B.
Forum Associate

Member Info

Thanked 6,320 Times in 2,082 Posts

I stopped in there once while in Georgia Quail hunting. He is very, very proud of his inventory. While at the Southern a year or so ago he had a gun I was moderately interested in. I asked about a trade and took a 90% DHE 20 with straight grip, BTF, SST, and 30 inch vent rib barrels. His evaluation of my gun was $5K I have never looked at his site again and if he has something on a web site like Guns International I just skip over it.