Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

Unread 04-29-2018, 11:22 AM   #11
mark sassi
Forum Associate

Member Info

the barrels are 30 inch. what do u mean by the keels,the markings inside the barrel that u can see? inside the barrels look fantastic,clean and bright. very nice rifling rings. the action is tight ,no movement what so ever,with or without forend. gun is very solid,and no play what so ever. opens and closes great,tight. what kind of attention do u think it needs,without ruining the gun. i know the butt rubber is hard and cracked. other than that ,some of the bluing is rubbed off,there is no rust anywhere on it.
mark sassi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mark sassi For Your Post:
Unread 04-29-2018, 11:31 AM   #12
mark sassi
Forum Associate

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Cambria View Post
Mark: I do hope you'll cherish that Fox and when the bell tolls, pass it down to your children or grand children. If you'd love to discuss it further, feel free to visit us at:

http://forum.foxcollectors.com/viewf...b0dd60d4bc20f7

We love to hear tales of family guns and I'm betting the story behind this one is fascinating.
i will post pic of it and the complete story,soon.this story is about my fox... what i do know, in a little town in pa .coal mining town,immigrant town,all Italians,from the boat,called keystone,pa. there was the local hunting club,bar,had 3 concrete steps. my grandfather was either leaving or coming to the club in the early morning hours.upon walking up or down the steps ,he had a stroke,with the gun in his hand. there is a very small dent in the barrel,hardly noticeable where it had hit the the edge of the step. his name is Pierino sassi. my dads ,father.peter for short.

Last edited by mark sassi; 04-29-2018 at 02:56 PM..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mark sassi For Your Post:
Unread 04-29-2018, 11:37 AM   #13
Brush Buster
PGCA Member
Second Badge

Member Info

Thanked 3,639 Times in 1,115 Posts

All sound good to me ,the Keels are the rods affixed at the end of the barrels above the bottom rib and below the top rib ! I was referring to the hardened Pad and the missing bead and probably should have a good internal cleaning as most V Grade were well used in the field ! With all of the info. you have described ,I know by your post that you are not attempting to sell the gun but I would think the earlier $600.00 post toward value would sell the gun rather quickly but I would also think much over $900.00 that it would tend to sit a while before it would sell but again ,that is just my opinion ,I would think others would chime in here ! If you follow Gun Brokers "Parker Listings " you will get a very good idea of value ! Best ; Russ
Russ Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2018, 12:14 PM   #14
mark sassi
Forum Associate

Member Info

russ,where can i get a new bead,and how is it set in there? glued? if u notice there is a little dent where the bead goes,is this how it was held in place? also what about replacing the butt stock pads,where do i get new ones? and will this affect the gun in any way?
Unread 04-29-2018, 12:18 PM   #15
mark sassi
Forum Associate

Member Info

russ,also u said a good internal cleaning,i did clean out the barrels,but when i got the gun there were already in super shape.or where u talking about the internals of the trigger and firing pin. i would not take that apart. it has never been apart,as i can tell from the screw heads,they are clean and not damaged in any way.
Unread 04-29-2018, 12:27 PM   #16
Brush Buster
PGCA Member
Second Badge

Member Info

Thanked 3,639 Times in 1,115 Posts

Hello Mark , I wouldn't take the gun apart either but there are professionals which would ,you would be surprised how much crap ,small hay seeds ,old hardened grease , gummed up oil etc. which is inside the internals and especially if it has sat for a while ! As for the bead ,there are a number of Parker gun Smiths on our site that will be happy to help you find the correct bead and as for the pad ,a " PGCA Letter might state if the pad was original to the gun ,if it were then the original would be nice to keep if it is still usable but the gun probably left the factory with a Dogs Head Butt Plate !
Russ Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2018, 12:33 PM   #17
mark sassi
Forum Associate

Member Info

im thinking the pad is original to the gun,as i saw other parkers with the same pad. i checked that out already. the pad is usable,just cracked from time.
Unread 04-29-2018, 12:37 PM   #18
Gerald McPherson
PGCA Member

Member Info

Mark; Your Fox should be priceless. Great story. Some things even unseen change things tremendously.
Gerald McPherson is offline   Reply With Quote
fox
Unread 04-29-2018, 12:48 PM   #19
mark sassi
Forum Associate

Member Info

Default fox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerald McPherson View Post
Mark; Your Fox should be priceless. Great story. Some things even unseen change things tremendously.
here is some pixs of my fox.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg thumbnail.jpg (154.0 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg thumbnail (2).jpg (104.7 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg thumbnail (1).jpg (102.2 KB, 3 views)
Unread 04-29-2018, 12:55 PM   #20
mark sassi
Forum Associate

Member Info

i will go over to the fox site ,in a bit . after i get this parker straightened out. i use this fox a lot ,small game,and over at the american legion ,for shooting days.to win packages of meat. it dose have 2 different size barrels,that i like immensely.nice touch,i would say. its a 12 ga. with a 28 inch barrel