Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

Unread 02-03-2010, 10:23 AM   #11
MarketHunter
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 4,052 Times in 1,179 Posts

A snow plow owner is almost as bad as an undertaker in my opinion. Talk about making money off the suffering of others!!!! *wink*

DLH
I was as virtuously given as a gentleman need to be; virtuous enough; swore little; diced not above seven times a week; went to a bawdy-house once in a quarter--of an hour; paid money that I borrowed, three of four times; lived well and in good compass: and now I live out of all order, out of all compass. Falstaff - Henry IV
Destry L. Hoffard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2010, 10:42 AM   #12
Gill Frye
Forum Associate

Member Info

People around here look kinda like that mallard on your avidar....they can't walk in this stuff much less drive. Hey Destry...what ever job you have I want....all you seem to do is hunt, I'm jealous!!!
Gill Frye is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2010, 10:43 AM   #13
John D.
PGCA Lifer
Admin

Member Info

Thanked 4,185 Times in 829 Posts

Sitting here - and got an Internet connection with electricity on? Whoo hoo! Have a few meetings to try our damndest to get food to thousands. The UN troops have been wonderful. The local politics are stupid. Food is a Huge problem and apparently USA Today ran a small article about the unrest/riots. So anyway I'm looking into flight charters out of Florida and staging in Cayes. I want to use hundreds of locals as part of the SOLUTION rather then the problem in distibution. I spent two days on a small scale proving the concept works.

Aside from that, working on getting medical supplies to some of the smaller clinics who are over run with fractures and traumas and fever/wounds. Mst med supplies are sitting in Port-au-Prince without any plan to get them here? That could change I hope.

What my day today also is - have to restock the orphanage for food as we are tryng to feed some of the kids from PaP. And trying to hook onto a puddlejumper later to get home to stage flights into Cayes.

If anyone wants to help me make it through my day - please feel free to think about how we can collect/stage food in Florida and med supplies.OK? I mean it - I am asking for your help with maybe you or business contacts?

If I get home tonight I'll try post some thoughts if you want? If you folks don't think this subject is appropriate for the site- maybe we can move it elsewhere,ok?

Anyway that's what I'm doing today. Aren't you sorry you asked

Got'ta. And did someone say "snow"????

Best to all!!!!

John
(sorry for any spilling errors - posting frm my iPhone
John Dunkle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to John Dunkle For Your Post:
Unread 02-03-2010, 11:06 AM   #14
MarketHunter
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 4,052 Times in 1,179 Posts

Gill,

Being an old bachelor helps, and my boss is an understanding soul.

John,

I'm not going to complain about having to work anymore. What I'm doing pales in comparison.

DLH
I was as virtuously given as a gentleman need to be; virtuous enough; swore little; diced not above seven times a week; went to a bawdy-house once in a quarter--of an hour; paid money that I borrowed, three of four times; lived well and in good compass: and now I live out of all order, out of all compass. Falstaff - Henry IV
Destry L. Hoffard is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Destry L. Hoffard For Your Post:
Unread 02-04-2010, 07:39 AM   #15
C.O.B.
Forum Associate

Member Info

Thanked 6,327 Times in 2,083 Posts

I'm looking forward to the shooting season and getting my CHE 20 back as it's getting some stockwork done. I look forward to shooting it again.

Going to a gun show Sat hopeing to find new homes for a Lifter and two M70's. Some nicer weather and I can get the dogs out to the club and hunt some Pheasants.

Now it's time to ready myself for the task at hand...work
Rich Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Ah Yeeeessss- work- curse of the -- whatever
Unread 02-04-2010, 08:26 AM   #16
Old and Reliable
PGCA Member

Member Info

Default Ah Yeeeessss- work- curse of the -- whatever

Old W.C. Fields might have fun with that line- Who is doing the stock work on your CHE 20 Richard? Sounds like a fine Parker indeed. Will you have some "before and after" photos so we can see it online and try not to drool all our keyboards
Francis Morin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2010, 04:36 PM   #17
Lee St.Clair
Forum Associate

Member Info

[QUOTE=Jack Cronkhite;12550]

Lee: Life long acquaintance with the family VH and only 42 years with my bride. I was warned about Parkeritis when I first found this forum to resolve an issue with the family gun. I should have run right then. The family gun has five friends safely stored and awaiting the sixth. I'm not collecting more brides. While the one I have has sustained handling marks, that only adds to her character. She is perfect

Jack,
you made my day. smiles. Thankl you very much!!! Lee
Lee St.Clair is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lee St.Clair For Your Post:
Unread 02-05-2010, 09:53 AM   #18
David Hamilton
Forum Associate

Member Info

Feeding the fire and watching the snow come down. Wondering how to pay for all the snow removal. Dreaming about the Southern SXS. David
David Hamilton is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2010, 01:43 PM   #19
C Roger Giles
PGCA Member

Member Info

Waiting for decent weather to shoot trap and dirty up my squeeky clean shootin irons once again.
I'm sorting and rearranging fly fishing gear. Also ordered more black gnats on eBay to replace the ones that I have been robbed of. Any thoughts on leader material (six "x" mostly ) as what I have is not so trustworthy as I found out the hard way.
This time of year is shear hell on an outdoor type, ie day dreams do not have much of a calming effect on me. It only wets the gun/flyfish appetite and reduces me to the use of Famous Grouse but that tastes GOOD.

Roger
C Roger Giles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2010, 02:27 PM   #20
TARNATION !!!
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 2,371 Times in 657 Posts

That's one grouse season that never closes here. Whilst enjoying morning coffee, the doorbell rang, Charlie and Kyra immediately investigated and the postal service got a royal welcome. After all was settled down and Charlie remembered that she really likes this guy, I signed for the Trojan. Opened the package and found the old case to be in sad condition (not unexpected) and "locked". No key anywhere. Never having had success as a lock-picker, I called the seller and was told, it is only latched - push down on the top because of the bubble wrap inside and I could slide the lock cover to the right and find my gun. Did that and found a "decent" Trojan. By that, I mean a safe shooter and not a collector piece (not unexpected). The wood work is not a quality fit to the metal and there are some suspect screws in the floor plate. Barrels, trigger guard, floor plate, top lever, safety button all very blued. Frame looks like there might be some case color but there is a lot of black/grey smudging (is that an attempt at re-coloring??). The barrels are on face but without the forend in place, there is some wiggle room between lugs and frame. (suggests a lot of use???) The top lever sits slightly left of center again suggesting a lot of use The butt has a red rubber pad and black spacer. Assembled it and it feels totally tight. Had a look at my flying mount pheasant, shouldered this gun and I'm thinking, good to go for October. It will be the first Parker shot this year but the others will get there turns. Pictures will follow but right now mother reminded me that I should be setting up a dog kennel, so off to that project.

Cheers,
Jack