Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Announcement, Help & Introduction Forums New User Introductions

Notices

Unread 11-09-2010, 09:26 PM   #11
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

Thanked 33,572 Times in 12,452 Posts

A bit of advice Charles... Don't make the mistake of jumping in with both feet and your eyes closed tightly.
We all have some horror stories about mistakes we have all made and I think the PGCA, to the man, wish to help keep newcomers from making the same mistakes we made early on. Take your time. Learn all you can about what is a good investment and what you'll never get your money back on. Keep coming back to this site daily. Watch and learn. Look at pictures. Buy the books on Parker guns if you intend to get serious about these fine old Parkers. Ask us questions about guns you're looking at. Stay away from Parkers in "rough" condition - they're just a bad investment. Join the PGCA and receive the quarterly Parker Pages journal (magazine) with all kinds of articles just full of good information.

Oh, and by the way, did we say "Welcome"? Well, just in case, Welcome!
Dean Romig is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2010, 09:40 PM   #12
Randy Radmer
Forum Associate

Member Info

Dean,

Thanks for the welcome and the advice. At this point I don't intend to jump in with eyes wide shut. I, like many others, have done it in the past. At this point, unless a gun is exquisite I'm going to only buy if extremely cheap. The one I already have was only $120. Pretty much looking for wallhangers only and will only pay "wallhanger" prices.

From what I have seen, the folks here are as you say, trying to help the newbies like me avoid going down the wrong path with a gun and I definitely appreciate that. I know a lot of things, most importantly what I DON'T know, and with this side by sides there is much more I don't know.

I'm looking forward to learning a lot from you guys here, and maybe some time in the future get the chance to help someone learn the ropes. Many more questions to come from me, I promise, or perhaps should say threaten.

Randy
Randy Radmer is offline   Reply With Quote