Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

Unread Yesterday, 06:16 PM   #11
ArtS
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,261 Times in 474 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Stauch View Post
Well that just goes to show you that sometimes you just have to step up and make the deal right then and there or the opportunity is lost forever. Occasionally, when we're staring at one of these great guns, we don't know what's staring back at us. It's only later, when the opportunity hss past, that we learn what just slid by. I think it's happened to all of us at one time or another. Or, more than a few times in my case. And I have the boot marks on the back of my pants to prove it.
I guess my post was a little confusing as to the details of what happened vs the gun.

1) I went to the store with the intent of trying to buy a CHE they had listed.

2) When I got there the gun I was there to buy had been picked up by the consignee.

3) In its place they had the BHE which had been brought in to consign, but they only had a price range and no firm data.

4) I told them I was definitely interested and would be back soon to measure the gun an negotiate a price once they had a firm ask. I also asked them to contact the consignee of the CHE and ask him to bring the gun back for a viewing. I believe it likely that they were both owned by a local collector and they were not going to tell me his identity and be cut out of the deal. I respect that because if it were me, I wouldn't wanting the dealer divulging my identity to a stranger.

5) When I returned, no one at the store seemed to know where the gun was, and I have not been able to get access to the gun since then.

I found this all frustrating and odd, since I didn't turn the gun down. I in fact was actively trying to buy it and another gun, but was never given the opportunity to do so.
Arthur Shaffer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Arthur Shaffer For Your Post: