Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums Parker Reproductions

Notices

Parker Reproduction Review
Unread 05-20-2014, 11:35 AM   #11
Richard Skeuse
Forum Associate

Member Info

Default Parker Reproduction Review

I saw the review that Bruce Buck wrote....um... None of my brothers nor I are 6'2" or taller. None are over 6 feet anything. I think I am nearly the tallest and I am 5'10" so take the article for what its worth. Just saying and not trying to start anything. Oh , Yes the guns were made in the 80's and there are still unfired guns out there, Just bought one last week. So there will be gummed up triggers. Yes there were a few trigger problems. Clay Target Sports does a wonderful job of repairing them. So you like the gun use it if not then sell it. Have a wonderful shooting day and enjoy your doubles. Thanks
Richard Skeuse is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Richard Skeuse For Your Post:
Unread 05-20-2014, 12:03 PM   #12
Wild Skies
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 3,724 Times in 1,016 Posts

Thanks for that Richard, but now you've got us all scratching our heads wondering what you bought last week. Could it have been the BHE 20 2-bbl. set that you asked about?
Unread 05-20-2014, 12:07 PM   #13
Richard Skeuse
Forum Associate

Member Info

Ha Ha, Nice guess
Unread 05-20-2014, 12:43 PM   #14
Rud Blumentritt
Forum Associate

Member Info

Thanks for all that replied. My quest can now continue!
Rud Blumentritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2014, 04:59 PM   #15
C.O.B.
Forum Associate

Member Info

Thanked 6,330 Times in 2,084 Posts

My first "Parker" was a repo 28ga straight stock and SST. At the time I figured it was as close to a real Parker as I was going to get. I also bought a 20ga when they went on sale at the end from Cape Outfitters. That gun was a PG, splinter and SST. I hunted a lot of Grouse and Pheasants with both guns in all kinds of weather and never experienced any type of mechanical malfunction. IMHO the 20 is a little heavy but the 28 is a dream. I doubt you will find a better value for your hard earned dollars than a Parker Repo in whatever gauge and configuration you choose.
Rich Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
my two bits
Unread 05-20-2014, 07:51 PM   #16
timcornish
Forum Associate

Member Info

Default my two bits

I have 5 repros. The one I shoot the most is the one that I have posted about in the past, a 20/16 combo that is so well used I have not been able to sell it (and am in the process of changing my mind anyway). As soon as I got it and took it dove hunting it started to double. I cursed it but tightened the screws and then loosened up the top trigger plate screw, still doubled. Learned how to take off the stock without breaking the inletting and cleaned the trigger up then tightened down the top screw and no problem at all as long as the screw is tight and I keep the trigger clean. A former owner had glassed the top tang and so it cannot over tighten which, I think with wood shrinkage lets you put odd torsion on the trigger that can cause it to double - so two issues that have caused doubling, the screw tension and filth! All of my Parkers fit me like gloves.

I recently got my son an AYA Matador I with a Miller like single trigger and it started doubling and got incredibly mushy. It was the wood shrinkage just like my Parker 20/16 so I got an old Mauser ferrule and fit it in the stock so the top trigger plate screw could not tighten down too much and now its fine, a 10 minute fix.

I admit I am rash with these fine old guns (old/new but fine none-the-less) but I can keep them going with no big repair bills so far.
timcornish is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to timcornish For Your Post:
Unread 05-21-2014, 08:05 AM   #17
SXS OHIO
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,961 Times in 548 Posts

The Parker repro by Winchester/Skues Is the best recreation we will ever get at the price they sold for and are selling at!!! They are quality that can be reworked if need be. Just think if they have never been made....how many of us would ever own or be able to shoot the little 410, 28-s and 20/16 guns? I see a VH-410 that Cobb listed on GI at 21K!!! I own a DHE 410/28 set with wonderful wood, maker case and beaver tail for little over half of that price....(-: My PR O-frame DHE-20/16 DT-PG-SF comes in at 6lbs-4oz with the 16 28" Ic/Full barrels in place and handles as good as any of the real Parker bro's guns. I have collected more wild Kansas roosters with this gun than any other I ever owned! Nothing in this world is perfect but the repro's come dang close for many of us.....thanks all SXS ohio
Kenny Graft is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kenny Graft For Your Post:
Parker Reproduction
Unread 05-21-2014, 09:26 AM   #18
Richard Skeuse
Forum Associate

Member Info

Default Parker Reproduction

Thank You Fellows, I have not figured out how to thank you all on this Forum. How do I do it?
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Richard Skeuse For Your Post:
Unread 05-21-2014, 09:40 AM   #19
Bill Murphy
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 9,168 Times in 4,895 Posts

Richard, you can't imagine how much we have enjoyed getting to know you on this forum. Maybe some day, you can attend a PGCA function and introduce yourself to us in person. By the way, the "thank you" icon is a thumbs up symbol on the lower right corner of every post. Click on that symbol to thank a poster for his comment. Thanks can be retracted if you change your mind. Bill Murphy
Bill Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2014, 03:48 PM   #20
C.O.B.
Forum Associate

Member Info

Thanked 6,330 Times in 2,084 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Skeuse View Post
Thank You Fellows, I have not figured out how to thank you all on this Forum. How do I do it?
You just did
Rich Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Rich Anderson For Your Post: