Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

Unread 09-06-2018, 11:56 AM   #11
Southpaw
Forum Associate

Member Info

If there was any repair done to that gun, as others have mentioned, it was done very early in that guns life. Maybe on assembly somebody dropped the barrels on the dolls head. No the gun is not a mint condition never fired gun that was hidden in original box in grandpa's closet, but its close enough by my standards. By looks of it it appears only time it has been handled was by someone with an oil cloth doling over it. That gun might have less than 500 rounds fired in it. Beautiful gun.

BTW I think anyone that go to trouble to nitpick that much is campaigning or trying to manage the narrative on that gun. It worked. I am now sorely convinced that gun is a POS made completely worthless with that SST trigger since no market for that at all. And that engraving is gawd awful, my cat can scratch better scenes in the litter box. All that busy grain in the stock makes it weak and fragile and will probably snap at the wrist with a half ounce load and probably why gun was never shot much. That gun shop should be ashamed of trying to pass off such an unsafe hoax. I got maybe a couple of hundred bucks that I'm willing take a risk on that gun, maybe for parts or something.
Todd Poer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2018, 11:59 AM   #12
Joe Graziano
Forum Associate

Member Info

Why the obsession to critique a shotgun you don’t intend to purchase? It’s a bit odd and off putting to criticize other people’s ads. If you aren’t involved at all in the transaction or invited, as Vicknair often is, by a potential buyer to evaluate a firearm, why are you involving yourself?
Joe Graziano is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Joe Graziano For Your Post:
Unread 09-06-2018, 12:12 PM   #13
Southpaw
Forum Associate

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Graziano View Post
Why the obsession to critique a shotgun you don’t intend to purchase? It’s a bit odd and off putting to criticize other people’s ads. If you aren’t involved at all in the transaction or invited, as Vicknair often is, by a potential buyer to evaluate a firearm, why are you involving yourself?
Exactly, they have ulterior motives. Common high stakes negotiation tactic, or they are just an ass. Answer is probably somewhere in between.
Unread 09-06-2018, 12:13 PM   #14
Cold Spring
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 6,418 Times in 1,250 Posts

IME, nit pickers on vintage gun sites are often driven by an air of superiority or by jealousy, or worse yet by both.
Frank Srebro is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Frank Srebro For Your Post:
Unread 09-06-2018, 01:14 PM   #15
John Roberts
Forum Associate

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Graziano View Post
He was asked to by a fellow member @ Doublegunshop.com. Only reason DV would have on this particular gun. The guy who requested the critique hates Parkers. He said this example "is the kind of gun you should feel excellent about paddling a canoe with, should you break both paddles...".
John Roberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2018, 01:20 PM   #16
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

Thanked 33,564 Times in 12,448 Posts

Wow - That’s pretty harsh! Fenceposts maybe, but canoe paddles?!?

Some people feel the need to trash that which others admire and appreciate, or they just don’t feel they are important. And they simply don’t know how to act in a public social setting. I guess it’s okay to act boorishly with their buddies when they’ve had enough amber elixer or “tongue lubricant” where they just don’t care or even feel anonymous... but some people are just born that way.

George King, "That's Ruff", 2010 - a timeless classic.
Dean Romig is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dean Romig For Your Post:
Unread 09-06-2018, 01:39 PM   #17
Southpaw
Forum Associate

Member Info

Some people are just haters. I guarantee even you look closely enough at some high end English guns in 6 figure range you could find something to nit pick and disparage, even beyond the price.
Unread 09-06-2018, 01:46 PM   #18
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

Thanked 33,564 Times in 12,448 Posts

Right.

If I am examining a gun that I fully intend to buy I have every right to nit-pick the merchandise to my heart’s content, but IMO, not on a public forum... even if asked to join in on the nit-picking.

And I’m sure neither Steve or the owner of the gun never asked folks to publicly nit-pick or thash this nice gun.

George King, "That's Ruff", 2010 - a timeless classic.
Dean Romig is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dean Romig For Your Post:
Unread 09-06-2018, 02:34 PM   #19
Jim DiSpagno
Forum Associate

Member Info

Thanked 2,597 Times in 779 Posts

That’s correct Dean. Some people never learned from Grandma when she said “ keep your words soft and sweet because you’ll never know when you’ll have to eat them”
Jim DiSpagno is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jim DiSpagno For Your Post:
Unread 09-06-2018, 03:57 PM   #20
Bruce Day
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 15,630 Times in 2,670 Posts

Unhappy

Trap comb on an A 20. Disregard the purple face above . Unintended and I can’t delete it.

The Barnett gun looks like a really nice one to me.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2E0ED874-0B16-452D-81BE-79143008C85E.jpg (533.5 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg 9F07C0EF-CC7B-43DA-9DAE-BEDEB7863CBC.jpg (542.6 KB, 0 views)
Bruce Day is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bruce Day For Your Post: