Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums Hunting with Parkers

Notices

Unread 02-05-2013, 07:16 PM   #11
charlie cleveland
Forum Associate

Member Info

Thanked 7,801 Times in 3,968 Posts

richard thats a mighty nice hammer gun... charlie
charlie cleveland is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2013, 09:32 PM   #12
DoubleDown
Forum Associate

Member Info

John, none of the dogs in the photos belong to me, however I've hunted with both of the labs (Bo & Larry Daryl) on multiple occasions. Larry (the Daryl part only comes out when he isn't listening ), the one wearing the orange vest in the pictures, has been a regular at most of the driven hunts I've done and is an excellent bird dog. Bo is less than two years old, and his first Pheasant hunt was a few weeks ago. He wasn't quite sure what to make of the first Pheasant he retrieved, but after he got one under his belt, he did fine the rest of the day. The Springer in the pictures I don't know, but that dog was all over the place during the Tower Hunts. I bet that dog did 20+ retrieves just on the morning hunt. He was marking them half way across the field and beating dogs that were much closer to the retrieve.

Richard, that is a fine looking hammer gun. I love the 32" barrels, and the Twist patterning looks amazing. The birds were certainly taking advantage of the stiff winds that day and really gained some altitude in a lot of cases. Even birds dropped over the side of the Tower to try to keep them down were climbing. It was enough for me to feel comfortable shooting that Hammer Gun choked Full & Full.
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks." - Thomas Jefferson
Mike.Smith is offline   Reply With Quote