Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums Hunting with Parkers

Notices

Unread 07-19-2012, 03:53 PM   #11
Bill Murphy
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 9,173 Times in 4,897 Posts

Rick, mine is a 2010 model, best truck I've ever owned that wasn't a Suburban. It holds two dog boxes, truck frame, two speed manual transfer case, 21 miles per gallon in town. I'm up to nearly 40,000. If my buddy needs it for his used truck department, all he has to do is cut me a break on a new one.
Bill Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-19-2012, 07:20 PM   #12
OH Osthaus
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 8,333 Times in 3,301 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Murphy View Post
Rick, mine is a 2010 model, best truck I've ever owned that wasn't a Suburban. It holds two dog boxes, truck frame, two speed manual transfer case, 21 miles per gallon in town. I'm up to nearly 40,000. .
Bill

those are the same required features that led me to buy my first import, (had the boxes in Trailblazers for years) Body on frame construction is being squeezed out by vehicles made for folks that as one friend used to say "that think off road driving is a gravel parking lot at the golf course"

Mine will roll 30K tomorrow just as I take it in for the oil change, another few months and I will have had it a year.

Harold;

its been a couple years since I made the what used to be annual trip to the land of the Yuppers, probably should go again soon. Used to putter around around Sagola and Ralph. A Lincoln truck, my how times have changed
Unread 07-20-2012, 08:41 AM   #13
Harold Pickens
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 8,106 Times in 2,084 Posts

Yeh, thats where I hang out also. I rent a cabin on a lake acouple miles south of Sagola for 2 weeks each October. Havent missed a year there since 1986. What part of Pa. are you from? I'm about 15" from the Pa. border going East and 15" from the Ohio border to the West.
Harold Lee Pickens is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2012, 09:04 AM   #14
OH Osthaus
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 8,333 Times in 3,301 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harold Lee Pickens View Post
Yeh, thats where I hang out also. I rent a cabin on a lake acouple miles south of Sagola for 2 weeks each October. Havent missed a year there since 1986. What part of Pa. are you from? I'm about 15" from the Pa. border going East and 15" from the Ohio border to the West.
Lake Mary?? if so - we have crossed paths,

I'm not in PA - I am in the Finger Lakes of NY. We must pass very close to you as we roll by the Washington PA area on our way to the annual Old Hemlock reunion.
Unread 07-20-2012, 02:44 PM   #15
Harold Pickens
PGCA Member

Member Info

I have 2 first cousins ( Pickens) who live and teach in the Ithica area and every October, my son would be playing tennis at the Cornell Univ. Open tournament while I was in the UP. Washington,Pa is only about a 1/2 hr from me.
A big regret is that I never took GBE up on his offer to visit him at OH back in the early 90's. Jim Fergus ,when he was writing the "Hunters Road" wanted to interview George but George declined until he told George that he had spent the day with me. George said that if Harold(me) thought enough of him to spend the day hunting with him that he would consent to the interview. There is a chapter about me in that book entitled "Looking for Mr. Grouse". I carried a Parker 16 VH that day.
Unread 07-20-2012, 09:39 PM   #16
C.O.B.
Forum Associate

Member Info

Thanked 6,330 Times in 2,084 Posts

I can smell a PGCA Grouse hunt this fall what with all the members that "poke around" Dickenson county in the U.P. I'll be doing some exploring around Channing, Sagola and Crystal Falls this year as I bought a home in Channing. I used to have the area around Ralph, Foster City & Hardwood as part of my territory when I worked up there back in the 80's. As I travel through there to get to channing it hasn't changed much.
Rich Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2012, 10:26 PM   #17
Steve McCarty
Forum Associate

Member Info

What a joy to hunt with good dogs! Thank you for posting the pictures.
Steve McCarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2012, 09:48 AM   #18
Harold Pickens
PGCA Member

Member Info

I have always said-- the best thing about bird hunting is the dogs-- and sometimes the worst thing is the dogs.
This is one of those best things.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN0429.jpg (560.3 KB, 0 views)
Unread 07-23-2012, 04:39 PM   #19
C.O.B.
Forum Associate

Member Info

Thanked 6,330 Times in 2,084 Posts

Harold thats a great picture, suitable for frameing. I hope to meet you this fall in the U.P. maybe share a dinner at the bar in Channing. Bard is a great cook. I haven't cooked a meal at the house since I've owned it!
Rich Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote